[1.2] Sparkling Worlds - Glittertech on the Rim

Started by Albion, August 29, 2017, 10:09:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Albion

Quote from: nefarian11 on April 04, 2018, 11:52:22 AM
I was thinking of a slow, hard hitting weapon, like an halberd. the Praetorian Guards from Star Wars or the Grey Knights from Warhammer 40k have some interesting weapons.

I put it on my list of future features and will look into it. Once I come up with a good design (name, lore, texture, stats), I'll implement it. Some other content is a bit higher on my priority list right now though. It'll probably take a few weeks before I can get on it.

Regarding the shields I'll take the same approach. I put them on the list but they will not be part of the next content patch.

Speaking of the next patch: I'll be releasing a new content patch soonTM (hopefully by friday). I got most of it ready already but am waiting on some textures done by the very talented MrHoodlum. Also thanks to Jeff for providing new textures for the burn stick and pain gun which will be rolled out with the next patch.
Get hyped for a doctor request (similar to the peace talk but with doctors), a glitterworld hospital bed (better stats than normal one) and last but definitly not least: A new mechanoid hive ship crash event. Kill some mechanoids and loot their advanced technology. Maybe you'll even find a variometric power cell or two ;)

Vlad0mi3r

Just a thought I had after watching a Mechanoid get up and get shot down again. Adding in an option to reprogram Mechanoid. So when you down a Mechanoid with pain guns or pain sticks you can use an AI persona core to reprogram them to work for you. Able to clean and haul would be enough incentive for me to do it.

Mods I would recommend:
Mending, Fertile Fields, Smokeleaf Industries and the Giddy Up series.

The Mod you must have:
https://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=40545.msg403503#msg403503

Albion

Reprogramming a Mechanoid could be an interesting idea but will require quite a bit of code since it'll need a new thought tree and stuff like that.
I'll look into it but I don't think I'll implement it in the foreseeable future. Mabe once I'm done with implementing new events.

On another note: Thanks to Saebbi there now exists a Combat Extended compatibility Patch - Steam Link and Github Link (requires Full Mod!).
You can head over and thank him on his forum thread. He was very cooperative and even implemented some extra adjustments I requested.
Enjoy using Sparkling Worlds with Combat Extended.

FadingFog

Albion

Accessing the link using a mobile phone leads to some troubling ad sites though.
Can you please upload the translation somewhere else? Nexusmods or github maybe.
I'll also release a language file with the next update which can be used to translate the mod into any language so I can incorporate it into the mod without the need for separate uploads.

Ramsis

I didn't get any viral alerts when using the site on my phone but eh, tread with caution folks mobile ads are evil.
Ugh... I have SO MANY MESSES TO CLEAN UP. Oh also I slap people around who work on mods <3

"Back off man, I'm a scientist."
- Egon Stetmann

Awoo~

Canute

true true, most conection over the mobile are more encrypted then the smartphone self.

000sk7

Anybody else having problems with the railguns only dry firing?  They shoot and can be made but nothing comes out, it just discharges the entire clip.

Quotevideo of said problem streamable.com/y623r

Albion

Does it only happen with the railgun or other guns too?
I'm guessing it's some kind of mod conflict that isn't resolved proberly. Probably due to the CE Patch you're using.
Can you active dev mode and look for any kind of errors or other logs?
Also what Mods are you using (Please don't post the whole list if it's more than 50)?

000sk7

Aye, you were right on the CE patch, seems to have been the load order.  I disabled all of my CE patches and reinstalled them with a new colony and that seems to have done the trick.  I also moved CE to the bottom of my mod order with the CE patches just below it.  Ill keep you posted if anything else wonky happens.  Thank you.

Albion

If you want to continue using your old colony you can simply load your old savegame.
The game will throw a warning that you're using different mods but if you have the same ones installed but with a different load order you can just click "load anyway". It should work fine.
CE is kind of complex and likely to break or cause incompatibilities unfortunately but it's good to know you figured out a way to fix your issue.

Albion

I just uploaded a big content patch:
Mechanoid hive ship crash - Like the normal ship crash but with may more mechanoids and more advanced/special loot. Take care, this might be dangerous.

Doctor request - Like the peace talk but with doctors. Send a good doctor for a boost of goodwill

Psychic emitter activation - An ancient emitter reactivated and is sending a strong psychic drone. Go out and destroy the emitter or endure the drone until the power runs out.

Glitterworld hospital bed - like a normal hospital bed but better... and more expensive

Additionally the pain gun and pain stick now have a modifier for mechanoids and bodysize. Mechanoids and large creatures will get less of an effect while small rodents might down after just one hit.

I also included language files for all those translaters out there:
If you want to translate this mod into your native language just copy the language files found in English into a new folder corresponding to your language and translate the strings found in the xml files.
Once you're done you can send the translated files to me and I will incorporate them into my mod.

Canute

Nice, downloading....

Something i want to mention long time.
Could you maybe rename the weapons a bit to be a more unique ?
Currently i got 3 different Railgun.
SniperRailrifle isn't that much better but show it is an upgrade to a sniper rifle.

Canute

Something with the new doctor event.
I just got these event, but from a faction i allready got 94 relation.
Maybe modify these event, so when you allready got 50+ relation they will offer silver or item's at last.

Albion

You will get items and silver if you get triumph success.
However I can change it so you get less goodwill if you're already past +50 but also silver if you only get a normal success.

Regarding the railgun: do you have an idea for another catchy and fitting name? Just SniperRailrifle seems somewhat clunky.

I also forgot to mention in the patch notes that the burn stick and pain gun now have new textures thanks to Jeff.