[1.2] Sparkling Worlds - Glittertech on the Rim

Started by Albion, August 29, 2017, 10:09:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

qurffe

Hi, thanks for the great mod, and i have a thing to ask and thing to report:
a) How does the game calculate what you get as manhunters when you get to Psychic emmiter location? In the first year while sending 2 out of 4-5 colonists i got: 15 boars or 7 boomalopes or 3 bunnys or 6 ibex rams (it feels completely random). In the current colony i am playing (3rd year in, 10 colonists, decent base), i send 5 decked out pawns and 4 muffalos and i got 6 alpacas .... Difficulty is Cassandra on Medium.

b) I got orbital trader called "Farming trader" and i am unable to hail them. Pawn will go to console and then error happens and they go off to do  other things.
JobDriver threw exception in initAction for pawn Grimes driver=JobDriver_UseCommsConsole (toilIndex=1) driver.job=(UseCommsConsole (Job_3193226) A=Thing_CommsConsole526072) lastJobGiver=Verse.AI.ThinkNode_QueuedJob
System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
  at Verse.GenCollection.Any[String] (System.Collections.Generic.List`1 list, System.Predicate`1 predicate) [0x00003] in C:\Dev\RimWorld\Assets\Scripts\Verse\Utility\Gen\GenCollection.cs:779
  at RimWorld.StockGenerator_Animals.HandlesThingDef (Verse.ThingDef thingDef) [0x00072] in C:\Dev\RimWorld\Assets\Scripts\RimWorld\Trade\StockGeneration\StockGenerators_Various.cs:264
  at RimWorld.TraderKindDef.WillTrade (Verse.ThingDef td) [0x00016] in C:\Dev\RimWorld\Assets\Scripts\RimWorld\Defs\DefTypes\TraderKindDef.cs:67
  at RimWorld.Tradeable.get_TraderWillTrade () [0x00011] in C:\Dev\RimWorld\Assets\Scripts\RimWorld\Trade\Tradeable\Tradeable.cs:81
  at RimWorld.TransferableUtility.TradeableMatching (Verse.Thing thing, System.Collections.Generic.List`1 tradeables) [0x00035] in C:\Dev\RimWorld\Assets\Scripts\RimWorld\UI\Dialogs\Transferable\TransferableUtility.cs:276
  at RimWorld.TradeDeal.AddToTradeables (Verse.Thing t, Transactor trans) [0x00008] in C:\Dev\RimWorld\Assets\Scripts\RimWorld\Trade\TradeDeal.cs:146
  at RimWorld.TradeDeal.AddAllTradeables () [0x0007f] in C:\Dev\RimWorld\Assets\Scripts\RimWorld\Trade\TradeDeal.cs:79
  at RimWorld.TradeDeal.Reset () [0x00018] in C:\Dev\RimWorld\Assets\Scripts\RimWorld\Trade\TradeDeal.cs:60
  at RimWorld.TradeDeal..ctor () [0x0001e] in C:\Dev\RimWorld\Assets\Scripts\RimWorld\Trade\TradeDeal.cs:53
  at RimWorld.TradeSession.SetupWith (ITrader newTrader, Verse.Pawn newPlayerNegotiator, Boolean giftMode) [0x00029] in C:\Dev\RimWorld\Assets\Scripts\RimWorld\Trade\TradeSession.cs:36
  at RimWorld.Dialog_Trade..ctor (Verse.Pawn playerNegotiator, ITrader trader, Boolean giftsOnly) [0x00054] in C:\Dev\RimWorld\Assets\Scripts\RimWorld\UI\Trade\Dialog_Trade.cs:244
  at RimWorld.TradeShip.TryOpenComms (Verse.Pawn negotiator) [0x00019] in C:\Dev\RimWorld\Assets\Scripts\RimWorld\Trade\TradeShip.cs:138
  at RimWorld.JobDriver_UseCommsConsole+<MakeNewToils>c__Iterator0+<MakeNewToils>c__AnonStorey1.<>m__0 () [0x00048] in C:\Dev\RimWorld\Assets\Scripts\RimWorld\AI\JobDrivers\Misc\JobDriver_UseCommsConsole.cs:36
  at Verse.AI.JobDriver.TryActuallyStartNextToil () [0x0022f] in C:\Dev\RimWorld\Assets\Scripts\Verse\AI\JobDrivers\JobDriver.cs:461
Verse.Log:Error(String, Boolean) (at C:\Dev\RimWorld\Assets\Scripts\Verse\Utility\Debug\Log\Log.cs:78)
Verse.AI.JobUtility:TryStartErrorRecoverJob(Pawn, String, Exception, JobDriver) (at C:\Dev\RimWorld\Assets\Scripts\Verse\AI\JobUtility.cs:22)
Verse.AI.JobDriver:TryActuallyStartNextToil() (at C:\Dev\RimWorld\Assets\Scripts\Verse\AI\JobDrivers\JobDriver.cs:465)
Verse.AI.JobDriver:ReadyForNextToil() (at C:\Dev\RimWorld\Assets\Scripts\Verse\AI\JobDrivers\JobDriver.cs:364)
Verse.AI.JobDriver:Notify_PatherArrived() (at C:\Dev\RimWorld\Assets\Scripts\Verse\AI\JobDrivers\JobDriver.cs:593)
Verse.AI.Pawn_PathFollower:PatherArrived() (at C:\Dev\RimWorld\Assets\Scripts\Verse\AI\Pathing\Pawn_PathFollower.cs:428)
Verse.AI.Pawn_PathFollower:TryEnterNextPathCell() (at C:\Dev\RimWorld\Assets\Scripts\Verse\AI\Pathing\Pawn_PathFollower.cs:527)
Verse.AI.Pawn_PathFollower:PatherTick() (at C:\Dev\RimWorld\Assets\Scripts\Verse\AI\Pathing\Pawn_PathFollower.cs:286)
Verse.Pawn:Tick() (at C:\Dev\RimWorld\Assets\Scripts\Verse\Pawn\Pawn.cs:542)
Verse.TickList:Tick() (at C:\Dev\RimWorld\Assets\Scripts\Verse\Game\Ticking\TickList.cs:125)
Verse.TickManager:DoSingleTick() (at C:\Dev\RimWorld\Assets\Scripts\Verse\Game\Ticking\TickManager.cs:303)
Verse.TickManager:TickManagerUpdate() (at C:\Dev\RimWorld\Assets\Scripts\Verse\Game\Ticking\TickManager.cs:267)
Verse.Game:UpdatePlay() (at C:\Dev\RimWorld\Assets\Scripts\Verse\Game\Game.cs:512)
Verse.Root_Play:Update() (at C:\Dev\RimWorld\Assets\Scripts\Verse\Global\Root\Root_Play.cs:99)

Albion

@qurffe:
Thank you for the praise. Regarding the psychic emitter manhunters. Those are chosen randomly based on their combat power rating. However only animals currently present on the map can turn manhunter, so if there are more boars on the map than ibex rams, there will probably be more boars charging you than ibex rams. I'll take your feedback to heart though and will rework the event a bit to maybe try and get more consistent results.

There was a minor bug in the orbital trader and it's tags. It's weird you couldn't even call them because during my testing I was able to call them but I got the error when I tried to open the list of stuff he could potentially trade. Anyway... I fixed it and uploaded a new unstable 1.0 version to the Dropbox link for manual download

NeoSono

Ok thats explains why the farmer never worked for me :D. My social pawn just went to the console and then left again, same with visitors...

Great mod and thanks for updating.

Albion

@NeoSono: If you encounter bugs like that please report them in the future. I try to test as much as possible but occasionally a bug still slips through.
I'm always happy to fix errors and listen to all your feedback.
So keep it coming and enjoy my mod!

By the way: I set up a ko-fi page if you want to support me or want to show your appreciation for the mod. All collected money will go back into the mod to pay for artist to create more awesome textures (there are quite a few new/improved ones in the unstable 1.0 version)

fatm3l

i just encountered infested ship chunks event, the insects that spawn in the chunks just dont attack me even im butchering them, then the BIG problem is the chunks cant be destroyed or killed... i tried DEBUG to destroy but it gives an error

NeoSono

I had this event with the version before this new one and everything worked fine for me.

Albion

@fatm3l: Can you provide me with a savegame of that? Someone reported that on steam already but I was unable to reproduce that bug on my end and he didn't provide a savegame so far.
Do you use any other mods? Which Rimworld version are you currently running? You can see your current version in the top left in the main menu.
Can you post that error message?
Also: Did you download the latest version of the mod from the Dropbox link for manual download? There was a change I published about 3 days ago that fixed some problems with the infested ship chunks.
Please try and re-download the latest version and see if it might fix the problem. Please report back if it does.

NeoSono

The MAD doesn't work for me. Everytime I click it nothings happens, as in the pawn does nothing. log shows this error...
Exception filling window for Verse.FloatMenuMap: System.MissingMethodException: Method not found: 'Verse.AI.ReservationUtility.Reserve'.
  at Verse.FloatMenuOption.Chosen (Boolean colonistOrdering, Verse.FloatMenu floatMenu) [0x0003d] in C:\Dev\RimWorld\Assets\Scripts\Verse\UI\DropDownMenu\FloatMenuOption.cs:171
  at Verse.FloatMenuOption.DoGUI (Rect rect, Boolean colonistOrdering, Verse.FloatMenu floatMenu) [0x00292] in C:\Dev\RimWorld\Assets\Scripts\Verse\UI\DropDownMenu\FloatMenuOption.cs:258
  at Verse.FloatMenu.DoWindowContents (Rect rect) [0x0013c] in C:\Dev\RimWorld\Assets\Scripts\Verse\UI\DropDownMenu\FloatMenu.cs:311
  at Verse.FloatMenuMap.DoWindowContents (Rect inRect) [0x000d7] in C:\Dev\RimWorld\Assets\Scripts\Verse\UI\DropDownMenu\FloatMenuMap.cs:55
  at Verse.Window+<WindowOnGUI>c__AnonStorey0.<>m__0 (Int32 x) [0x00223] in C:\Dev\RimWorld\Assets\Scripts\Verse\UI\Windows\Window.cs:202
Verse.Log:Error(String, Boolean) (at C:\Dev\RimWorld\Assets\Scripts\Verse\Utility\Debug\Log\Log.cs:78)
Verse.<WindowOnGUI>c__AnonStorey0:<>m__0(Int32) (at C:\Dev\RimWorld\Assets\Scripts\Verse\UI\Windows\Window.cs:206)
UnityEngine.GUI:CallWindowDelegate(WindowFunction, Int32, Int32, GUISkin, Int32, Single, Single, GUIStyle) (at C:\buildslave\unity\build\Runtime\IMGUI\Managed\GUI.cs:1817)

any idea what that might be? was so hyped to use it :(

Albion

@NeoSono: This is due to a change in one of the newer builds. I actually already uploaded a fix a few days ago.
You need to redownload the latest version using the Dropbox link for manual download.
It should work fine afterwards.

NeoSono

thank you. another question though. I get messages about colonist being sick but it someone from blue moon corp. the first one that happened to was the leader who died later on. last message I got was from a guy in a raid. is that a vanilla bug? I saw people mention getting those message in the newest version but I just mention it to make sure.

Albion

That should be a vanilla issue. I didn't mess with health stuff too much and it should all work fine.

Smexy_Vampire

found a small ishue . your exsplosives bench overwrights "Remote Explosives" mod benches

NeoSono

does the 1.0 version have benches for that? I can build gauss and plasma guns at vanilla benches, same with the rocket launchers. I didn't find railguns though, so maybe something is messed up in my game?

Albion

Quote from: Smexy_Vampire on August 05, 2018, 12:48:54 PM
found a small ishue . your exsplosives bench overwrights "Remote Explosives" mod benches
It technically shouldn't. They might be called the same but they should exist both since my bench is a different thing in game terms and should show up as it's own entity.
However version 1.0 will officially hit release in about 1-2 weeks so I don't intend to go back and fix something that is only valid for another few days.
The explosives table was removed in my unstable 1.0 release since grenades and stuff were made craftable at vanilla benches and I didn't see the need for a seperate table just to craft doomsday and triple rocket launchers.

Quote from: NeoSono on August 06, 2018, 02:38:54 AM
does the 1.0 version have benches for that? I can build gauss and plasma guns at vanilla benches, same with the rocket launchers. I didn't find railguns though, so maybe something is messed up in my game?
Gauss weapons and plasma gun are craftable at the mechanite assembly which is not a vanilla bench but a Sparkling Worlds one.
Railguns where renamed to gauss lance to make it clearer that gauss rifles and "railguns"/gauss lances are available after the same research. All weapons had their stats changed for my unstable 1.0 version and the gauss weapons were unified to have a lower dps than comparable weapons like charge lance, charge rifle and assault rifle but have a way higher armor penetration making their effective dps higher than those weapons against highly armored targets like centipedes or power armor.

NeoSono

yeah, you are right of course. But I still have railguns in game I just can't craft them. Blue Moon generously delivered those ;).
I can craft gauss rifle/lance and plasma rifle.