Alcohol withdrawal is much worse than missing a leg

Started by YokoZar, August 30, 2017, 12:10:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bozobub

And?  You can easily get 20 years more out of 'im, especially with a new ticker.
Thanks, belgord!

SpaceDorf

Thats what the decission is about ..
how much fixing is needed
Maxim 1   : Pillage, then burn
Maxim 37 : There is no overkill. There is only open fire and reload.
Rule 34 of Rimworld :There is a mod for that.

LordMunchkin

True. I had a guy with an addiction to wake-up have -35 to mood for a year. He was dazed/berserk most of the time and suffered fairly hefty penalties to movement/manipulation the rest of the time. I was almost thankful when he got the flu because it meant I had an excuse to confine him to the hospital (otherwise he'd starve to death trying to get a meal). Still he was a very good pawn skill/trait wise and was the son of one of my other pawns (35 year old son of 24 year old...).

Panzer

Drugs are all about risk & reward, if you "fix" the risk, whats the point then?

Beer is already pretty powerful, +8 mood, 17% joy and 10% reduced pain for -2% manipulation and a 1%(!) addiction chance. The problem comes when your guys chug beer daily and uncontrolled, you ll end up with addictions, tolerance and liver cancer.
Drugs in rimworld should only be used when the need arises, so dont let beer fool you into thinking it is without risk, because when it hits, it hits hard, and I think thats pretty adequate for getting away basically scot-free 99% of the time.

For the "but in real life..." people, you cant really apply real world logic to a game, simulating that would need a crazy amount of resources, knowledge and time, and thats not gonna happen, you need to settle for tradeoffs and compromises, and thats how you end up with something like those game systems that are close to real world happenings and logic, but will at some point behave differently than you expected, because they apply game logic as a compromise and/or design reason.