New fun idea: Give prisoners luciferum

Started by InfinityKage, August 31, 2017, 06:22:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

InfinityKage

Whenever I catch a prisoner from a group that tried to attack me I patch them up and wait until they get back to full health. Then I give them a luciferum and send them on their way. I just imagine they go home and in a few days slip into a murderous rage and kill their teammates. Just a little fun for me.

InfinityKage

Quote from: Names are for the Weak on August 31, 2017, 08:50:32 PM
What a waste.

Well I'm not gonna take the damn things. I guess I could sale them for a profit but this amuses me and that's worth more than money.

Nameless

Better yet, capture 5-6 ppl in a small enclosed room then feed each of them luciferium once and then watch them re-enact the rome colosseum.

saulysw

I deliberately used Luciferum for the first time recently. I found 7 or so in an ancient room, and decided that my very old researcher would benefit from it. It does make a noticeable difference too - she gets around a lot quicker. It lasts a fairly long time, I think I should be able to get more when it runs low/out. ...or not, I won't really care by then, the research should all be done. Sorry lady.

InfinityKage

Update: The guy came back in another raid and brought some luciferum with him. I ended up killing him and took the luci. So I actually came out ahead by 4 luci's.

Nameless

Now thats interesting. If you keep feeding luci to the people in that faction and they keep coming back with more luci...

TheMeInTeam

This has been known for a while to the crusty vets (and forum hounds like myself).  It's still useful to know though since you're effectively generating a valuable drug.

Also, yes take it on certain pawns.  Luci pawns are near-immune to disease, can heal scars gradually, and are able to work at a rate only a little worse than having full bionics.

Bozobub

Really..?  I never went there, because I thought you'd inevitably run out.  How long does a dose last?
Thanks, belgord!

Panzer

5-6 days if I recall correctly, 12 pills get you through one year, it is really doable. I usually end up with like 2-3 luci addicts, those guys were the unlucky ones to receive the drama headshot but survived it. The luci helps them to at least get on their feet while they re almost vegetables, they can do stuff like cleaning duty til the drug heals their brain scar.

XeoNovaDan

One pill lasts 6.666 days (coincidence, no?). If you was to manage a luciferium policy, you can actually set your luciferium pawns to take 1 every 6 days and have no issues whatsoever.

Therefore 10 pills will last 1 year per pawn, but it's still better to go by 12 because IIRC, chemical interest + fascination will still take a pill every 5 days since they ignore policies.

{insert_name_here}

Yeah, I decided to give one of my colonists luciferium recently. He's my best soldier but had SO MANY scars so I decided to give him the luciferium because it heals permanent scars. He already had a bionic eye so now his sight is extraordinary, and he moves quite fast as well.

Wanderer_joins

Lowkey1987

I gave my prisionors often lucy, but cut a arm and a foot off (with lucy he can hop hop away!). They come back with more and complete the circle.
Problems was, in late game i use a cleaner mod which also deleted this worldpawns. So no free Lucy from them anymore.