[1.0] (v1.3.0) Rambo Weapons Pack

Started by masterjamie9, September 01, 2017, 04:22:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rambo

Robloxsina66

Quote from: masterjamie9 on November 03, 2017, 02:35:37 AM
Quote from: Robloxsina66 on November 02, 2017, 11:57:18 PM
I had a lot of red errors blowing up in the text box when I activated this mod

What are the errors you're getting? And what mods did you have activated?
I'm going to assume you have Combat Extended active as well the CE version obviously needs Combat Extended to function. If you don't, there's the issue.
yeah I already got the combat extended working heres my mod configs

<li>Core</li>
    <li>Superior-Crafting-Revived-2.0</li>
    <li>HugsLib</li>
    <li>CombatExtended-0.17.1.6</li>
    <li>20th CWM CE v8</li>
    <li>Rambo Weapons Pack CE</li>
    <li>The DOOM Kit - CE Compatible Version</li>
    <li>The Ghillie Suit - CE Compatible Version</li>
    <li>Marine Corps Kit - CE Compatible Version</li>
    <li>SAS Black Kit - CE Compatible Version</li>
    <li>Spetsnaz Gorka Kit - CE Compatible Version</li>
    <li>The UAC Kit - CE Compatible Version</li>
    <li>War Mongrels - Outfits</li>
    <li>Umbra Company - Outfits</li>
    <li>Additional Traits v2.2 [A17]</li>
    <li>Additional-Joy-Objects-17.21</li>
    <li>Agriculture</li>
    <li>ModListBackup</li>
    <li>ApparelGizmosFromComps-0.17.0</li>
    <li>ApparelloA17</li>
    <li>A17 Barbed Wire</li>
    <li>Brittle Pillar</li>
    <li>CameraPlus-master</li>
    <li>CentralizedClimateControl</li>
    <li>Clutter Furniture</li>
    <li>Clutter Hands</li>
    <li>Clutter Structure</li>
    <li>Clutter Structure_doorStuff</li>
    <li>Clutter Structure_Windows</li>
    <li>Cupros-Drinks-17.31</li>
    <li>DeathRattle</li>
    <li>Detailed Body Texture</li>
    <li>DontShaveYourHead_17.1</li>
    <li>Drug Overhaul</li>
    <li>Dubs Bad Hygiene</li>
    <li>Dubs Rimkit(Medkit)</li>
    <li>Dubs Skylight</li>
    <li>eatKenny-Industrialisation-0.17.0.4</li>
    <li>ED-Embrasures</li>
    <li>ED-ShieldsBasic</li>
    <li>EdBPrepareCarefully</li>
    <li>ExpandedProsthetics&amp;OrganEngineering</li>
    <li>ExpandedRoofing-master</li>
    <li>Extended Human Body Simulation v1.1.0</li>
    <li>Diseases overhauled v1.2.0</li>
    <li>Crafted Mutants v1.0.0</li>
    <li>ExtendedImmunityDrugs</li>
    <li>ExtendedStorage-ExtendedStorage3.0.1.1</li>
    <li>FashionRIMsta -A17</li>
    <li>Fences And Floors</li>
    <li>FNotAgain-Mod-master</li>
    <li>GeneticRim-1.2.1</li>
    <li>HeatMap</li>
    <li>Holy Washer</li>
    <li>Hospitality</li>
    <li>Increased Forest Density - Deadly Version V4.5 A17</li>
    <li>Infused</li>
    <li>JTFieldSurgery</li>
    <li>LED-Lights-Extended-1.1</li>
    <li>LT-DoorMat</li>
    <li>MapReroll</li>
    <li>MassGraves-0.17.1.0</li>
    <li>Mechanite Augmentation</li>
    <li>Meltdown</li>
    <li>Mending</li>
    <li>MF A17</li>
    <li>MiningCo. ForceField</li>
    <li>MiningCo. SpotlightTurret</li>
    <li>Miscellaneous_Core</li>
    <li>Miscellaneous_Incidents</li>
    <li>Miscellaneous_MapGenerator</li>
    <li>TombWorld</li>
    <li>Miscellaneous_MapGenerator_FactionBase</li>
    <li>Miscellaneous_TrainingFacility</li>
    <li>More Sculpture</li>
    <li>MoreConsumables</li>
    <li>MorePlanning</li>
    <li>NamesGalore-master</li>
    <li>Nandonalt - Colony Leadership</li>
    <li>Preset-Filtered-Zones-17.02</li>
    <li>Psychology</li>
    <li>Quarry-17.39</li>
    <li>Realistic Night &amp; Weather</li>
    <li>ReconAndDiscovery</li>
    <li>Retro Joy</li>
    <li>RF - Configurable Maps</li>
    <li>RF - Consolidated Traits</li>
    <li>RF - Editable Backstories - Base</li>
    <li>RF - More Trait Slots</li>
    <li>RimFridge</li>
    <li>RunAndGun-0.17.1.5</li>
    <li>RW_FacialStuff-0.17.3.4b</li>
    <li>Save Our Ship</li>
    <li>Smokeleaf_Industry-1.3b</li>
    <li>SSLightningRod-master</li>
    <li>StackXXL</li>
    <li>Storage-Solutions-1.2</li>
    <li>SunTzu-RaiderTactics-0.17.0.1</li>
    <li>SupportBeams</li>
    <li>Surgery Kit</li>
    <li>Synthmeat</li>
    <li>T-ExpandedCloth</li>
    <li>T-MiscStuff</li>
    <li>T-MoreFloors</li>
    <li>T-RawCropThoughts</li>
    <li>Temperature Control</li>
    <li>TradingEconomy V1.4</li>
    <li>TradingEconomy V1.4 CE Patch</li>
    <li>VeinMiner</li>
    <li>WM Self Launching Pods</li>
    <li>zombieland-master</li>
    <li>[CDC] - Growable Resources Pack!</li>
    <li>P-Music</li>
    <li>[A15] Expanded Traits 1.4</li>
    <li>A15 MBS Faux Rock Wall v1.0</li>
    <li>Rimsenal_Hair</li>
    <li>Rimatomics</li>
    <li>JecsTools-1.0.5.3</li>
    <li>Star-Wars---The-Force</li>
    <li>Call-of-Cthulhu---Cults-master</li>
    <li>Call-of-Cthulhu---Cosmic Horrors</li>
    <li>Nandonalt - Set-up Camp</li>
    <li>RF - Smooth Stone Walls</li>
    <li>sd_bridges</li>
    <li>CaveworldFlora</li>
    <li>CaveBiome</li>
    <li>Powerless-17.210</li>
    <li>SimpleSidearms-1.2.1.1</li>
    <li>HandNFootwear-1.3</li>
    <li>MarvsDifficultyExpansion</li>
    <li>CrashLanding</li>
    <li>more factions</li>
    <li>Xeva's Hair</li>
    <li>LivingBattery-a17</li>
    <li>Tobe's Realistic Farming [TRF] 11_1</li>

masterjamie9

To the guy that deleted his posted pointing out the MKb xml file being just the Stg44, seems I made a fuck up there, I'll fix that in the next update. Thanks for pointing that out.
Along with that, the defnames were intentionally set to the vanilla guns (Gun_AssaultRifle for example) as to replace them. However, if this is causing actual error logs to pop up for you please let me know.

Quote from: Robloxsina66 on November 03, 2017, 05:09:00 PM

-snip-

Alright. My guess is I've probably did something fucky and caused incompatibility errors, likely with another weaponspack, since I don't get any errors when I load it with just CE and itself. I'll have to look into that.

Do you have the error logs as well?
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

Robloxsina66

Quote from: masterjamie9 on November 03, 2017, 06:13:09 PM
To the guy that deleted his posted pointing out the MKb xml file being just the Stg44, seems I made a fuck up there, I'll fix that in the next update. Thanks for pointing that out.
Along with that, the defnames were intentionally set to the vanilla guns (Gun_AssaultRifle for example) as to replace them. However, if this is causing actual error logs to pop up for you please let me know.

Quote from: Robloxsina66 on November 03, 2017, 05:09:00 PM

-snip-

Alright. My guess is I've probably did something fucky and caused incompatibility errors, likely with another weaponspack, since I don't get any errors when I load it with just CE and itself. I'll have to look into that.

Do you have the error logs as well?

https://gist.github.com/HugsLibRecordKeeper/5ec1ecffca729665a3f9e0ac22c1e97e

masterjamie9

Quote from: Robloxsina66 on November 03, 2017, 08:42:15 PM
https://gist.github.com/HugsLibRecordKeeper/5ec1ecffca729665a3f9e0ac22c1e97e
I think I realise the issue. I see a lot of errors like these:
Could not resolve cross-reference: No CombatExtended.AmmoSetDef named AmmoSet_300WinchesterMagnum found to give to CombatExtended.CompProperties_AmmoUser CombatExtended.CompProperties_AmmoUser

Could not resolve cross-reference: No Verse.ThingDef named Bullet_300WinchesterMagnum_FMJ found to give to CombatExtended.VerbPropertiesCE VerbProperties(WA 2000)

Could not resolve cross-reference: No CombatExtended.AmmoSetDef named AmmoSet_46x30mm found to give to CombatExtended.CompProperties_AmmoUser CombatExtended.CompProperties_AmmoUser

Could not resolve cross-reference: No Verse.ThingDef named Bullet_46x30mm_FMJ found to give to CombatExtended.VerbPropertiesCE VerbProperties(MP7)

Could not resolve cross-reference: No CombatExtended.AmmoSetDef named AmmoSet_9x18mmMakarov found to give to CombatExtended.CompProperties_AmmoUser CombatExtended.CompProperties_AmmoUser

Could not resolve cross-reference: No Verse.ThingDef named Bullet_9x18mmMakarov_FMJ found to give to CombatExtended.VerbPropertiesCE VerbProperties(PP-19 Bizon-1)

These errors are only for the new ammunitions and not for the old ones (like 9x19mmPara)
Combat Extended recently has gotten an update that adds these new ammunitions. I'm a bad and forgot to mention that this new version of CE (1.7 to be specific) is required as else the game obviously won't find the ammunitions. I'll add that to the OP.

My guess is you got CE 1.6 and thus miss the new ammunitions.
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

Robloxsina66

ah I haven't updated yet hold on and let me test it

PouncingFox

I'm quite amazed by this arsenal you've made. You actually made time to create multiple variations of a single gun and you've almost completed the AK family and even the M16. But, aside from just plain preference how do you plan to give purpose to every gun? I mean like for example, you can get the AK47 but, wouldn't you just skip the AK47 and straight to the AKM?

joaonunes

There can never be too many weapons, love this mod!! Uninstalled the previous weapons mods I had and found out one of them was actually causing a problem with CE, so I killed two birds with one stone :D

Quote from: PouncingFox on November 05, 2017, 09:24:48 AM
I'm quite amazed by this arsenal you've made. You actually made time to create multiple variations of a single gun and you've almost completed the AK family and even the M16. But, aside from just plain preference how do you plan to give purpose to every gun? I mean like for example, you can get the AK47 but, wouldn't you just skip the AK47 and straight to the AKM?

It depends on the way you play.
For example, right now I'm having a really hard time finding steel in the map, so I use whichever weapons pops up first. If the ammo types are all different I might reconsider doing it, otherwise any weapons that fits the situations I am hoping to face will do it.
Do you want your colonists to look manlier?
Get a free mustache sample here!

masterjamie9

Quote from: PouncingFox on November 05, 2017, 09:24:48 AM

Simply put, I don't. Some weapons may have a bit more purpose in CE than in vanilla and vice versa. For example, when you get to the point that you're crafting weapons, in vanilla I'd likely just skip to the AK-100 series weapons, like the AK-103 and AK-104, which fire 7.62x39mm, instead of making AK-47's or AKM's. However in CE chemfuel's required for the plastic parts of these guns, and thus the AK47 and AKM are a little more viable.
Besides that, there are also guns that are just plain bad choices to use. The FP-45 liberator and the remington model 95 derringer are both incredibly cheap and fast to produce, however they're very worthless guns. The only moments you might find a use in them is when you've just killed your first raider who was equipped with one of these instead of a club and need an extra ranged weapon instead of a knife.

Like joaonunes says it also depends on playstyle. If crafting weapons isn't available to you, you might end up using these weapons anyways due to the game making these available to you instead of the more efficient ones. For example, you've killed a raider that had an AK-47 or there's a caravan selling an old M16 model instead of an M16A4.
There's a very wide choice of weaponry ranging from absolute poor tier to ridiculous caliber rifles. How people will equip themselves is a case of either their preferences (maybe they want to look like a militia with old AK-47's instead of modern AK-100's) or efficiency.

Other than that, I do try to give some weapons a little bit of purpose if they're rather expensive for their uselessness in comparison to weapons of equal value. Many of the high power pistols are rather expensive in the vanilla version. A colonist with a rifle of equal value will find themselves more combat effective than with one of these pistols. However, the high-power pistols will rather serve as a social bonus type of item. Pistols of high status grant a social bonus, like the desert eagles. Along with that wild west like weapons, like the revolvers also grant social bonuses, which goes up with caliber.

Also, I don't think I'm that close to completing the AK and M16 family. For the AK, there's still the RPK's, the AK-12 series, the balanced recoil models (107, 108, 109), the PP-19-01 Vityaz, still quite a few saigas and I haven't even started with the many AK rifles common in other countries, like the Finnish Valmet, the Iraqi Tabuk sniper, the Hungarian AMD and the list could just keep on going like that.
Similarly, the M16's family has a huge amount of variants as well, ranging from 9mm submachineguns to light machineguns.

masterjamie9

Here's the 1.1 update for vanilla that I was supposed to do 2 weeks ago. Turned a bit lazy but considering the whole B18 borking situation now seemed like a fine time to update.

This means vanilla 1.1 will work on B18. You'll have to wait for CE to update for Rambo CE to update.

It also introduces the new weapons that were added in the CE version. Tell me what you think about the launchers as they're a bit of a new thing for vanilla. Other than that, not really any new guns.

As usual,
Download is in the OP

cashgrany

hi masterjamie9, can I use your mod as a base for mine? I would not use any of your art; just the architecture.

masterjamie9

Quote from: cashgrany on November 21, 2017, 12:48:14 PM
hi masterjamie9, can I use your mod as a base for mine? I would not use any of your art; just the architecture.

I don't really know what you mean with the architecture as it's just a simple weapons mod.

Multistream

Thats a great mod, but I still don't see any point in removing vanilla weapons