Can any drug remove pain shock and make pawns able to walk sooner?

Started by asanbr, September 01, 2017, 09:47:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

asanbr

When downed it is sometimes critical to get them up asap. I have found that rescuing them to a bed will sometimes make them able to walk, and tending / feeding them seems to improve recovery speed.

But is there any instant fix?

Wake up? Go-juice?

Bozobub

Maybe a joywire?  I think that's the closest to what you mean.
Thanks, belgord!

BoogieMan

Smokeleaf joints lower pain by a decent amount. But it also reduces consciousness, and if it is low enough from injuries and other effects it can be fatal since they will instantly die if it reaches 0%.

I have colonists use it fairly commonly as a pain manager. It's also useful for keeping prisoners happier (so long as they aren't teetotalers) which seems to reduce breakout attempts. They may have increased pain tolerance if they do, but since they are unarmed the debuffs to their speed is also helpful to give you more time to get brawlers in place to beat them back into submission. Seems to help you more than them.

Panzer

Stuff made from psychoid plant will certainly help, flake, yayo and go juice, theres a big risk of addiction though. If you need them to get up better use yayo since it has the lowest addiciton chance of those 3, if they re bleeding heavily they might collapse again because of blood loss.
Interesting idea of drug use though ;D

Mehni

Pain shock happens at 80% pain. Anything that lowers pain or pain perception sufficiently will work.

Go-Juice, Luciferium, Alcohol, Flake, and Yayo all lower pain perception. Smokeleaf outright removes some pain (20%) so that works too. Painstoppers will outright remove all pain sensation, but it comes with downsides.

asanbr

Quote from: Bozobub on September 01, 2017, 10:18:56 PM
Maybe a joywire?  I think that's the closest to what you mean.

I think maybe you mean a painstopper implant. But I'm after a cheap, one-time solution that any other pawn (except those who can't do medical, obv) can give them right now.

A surgery is risky, takes time, and high medical skill.  Doesn't fill the need here.

Bozobub

Nope.  It's called a "joywire", although yes, it's an implant that stops all pain.  That said, NOTHING else stops all pain in the game, unless a mod adds it.

http://rimworldwiki.com/wiki/Joywire
Thanks, belgord!

asanbr

Quote from: Bozobub on September 02, 2017, 11:05:52 AM
Nope.  It's called a "joywire", although yes, it's an implant that stops all pain.  That said, NOTHING else stops all pain in the game, unless a mod adds it.

http://rimworldwiki.com/wiki/Joywire

Interesting. I wasn't aware that the joywire did anything about pain. The wikipedia page you refer to doesn't say so either.

Bozobub

Oooooops!

No, you're correct; the Painstiopper is the one required, I was conflating the two >.<'.  All the derp is belong to me.
Thanks, belgord!

Panzer

Go Juice is like a painstopper though, the only way to down someone on go juice is killing him or bringing his mobility low enough so he topples over, i.e. cutting both his legs off (pawns with wimp trait excluded).

Bozobub

AFAIK, a painstopper implant should pretty much negate the "wimp" trait completely.  Is that untrue..?
Thanks, belgord!

{insert_name_here}

AFAIK, all wimps should be killed immediately upon sight so I don't know how you would get in a situation where you would want to implant a painstopper in one ;)