[MOD] (Alpha 4) Cannibal (v.1.0)

Started by Joretap0, May 10, 2014, 12:42:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Joretap0

Description:

Why does my colonists don't like to eat others humans? I want a cannibal clan!
So i just made this simple mod that revert penalty for eating and butchering humans.

ChangeLog :

[1.0]

• Raw cannibalism : -20 -> +7 - No more stackable.
  • Cooked cannibalism : -15 -> +15 - No more stackable.
  • Butchered humanoid : -4 -> +3 - Set stackable(love butchering people).

[attachment deleted by admin: too old]
My Mods : Dresser | Inventory Panel | Cannibal
Sorry for my english ;)

iame6162013

Linus Torvalds: "But it clearly is the only right way. The fact that everybody else does it some other way only means that they are wrong"
Robert J. Hanlon: "Never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity."

Coenmcj

Now this is more like it... The raider slaughterhouse is about to become more slaughterhousey!
Moderator on discord.gg/rimworld come join us! We don't bite

MrDecay

Food problem = Solved. If only we could attack other factions on there home territory and bring back the bodies.
I have not failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work.
-Thomas Edison

LittleMikey

Hmm... I wonder if it would be possible to make your mod a gradual progression. Like your colonists start out hating Human mean but eat it only to survive, but after a few weeks they start liking the taste more and more. And then after a few months they can't live without Human flesh, and Vegetables give negative 'withdrawal' bonuses.

Joretap0

Quote from: LittleMikey on May 12, 2014, 09:10:26 AM
Hmm... I wonder if it would be possible to make your mod a gradual progression. Like your colonists start out hating Human mean but eat it only to survive, but after a few weeks they start liking the taste more and more. And then after a few months they can't live without Human flesh, and Vegetables give negative 'withdrawal' bonuses.

That's should be possible, but that's really harder to code.
Perhaps if i've got time later, i will try to do a real cannibal mod, but for know, i'm on 2 others mods that will take me a lot of time(that's take a lot of time to test each function).
My Mods : Dresser | Inventory Panel | Cannibal
Sorry for my english ;)

DarkTemplarlord

LitteMikey That woud be interesting idea. Idea that colonies start becoming more savage and enjoy human flesh

Thunder Rahja

Pfft, I just put gibbet cages everywhere and fill them with raiders and colonists. Got all the human flesh my colonists can eat from all the raiders.

NephilimNexus

I would like to see in the future something like this integrated into the currently non-functional "traits" mechanics.  Simply have "cannibal" a random trait that some colonists might have, in which case the normal penalties would not apply to that particular colonist.

In the meantime, this is also cool.   :)

Mc_Peterson

StorymasterQ

The Cannibal trait has been introduced, so you could just wait for Alpha 6.
I like how this game can result in quotes that would be quite unnerving when said in public, out of context. - Myself

The dubious quotes list is now public. See it here

muffins

This is my own personal cannibal mod (this is how I play) if anyone wants to use this until a proper cannibalism mod is updated for alpha 5. Lore-wise, the colonists don't want to eat people, so they spike all meals made with human meat with mood improving medication so the mood hit is much less.

DOESN'T WORK with stackable meals.

Mc_Peterson

Tenks Friend Mi add Skype peterson.foda

ApexPredator

Quote from: LittleMikey on May 12, 2014, 09:10:26 AM

Bird law would agree with your statement.

PunisheR007

Quote from: muffins on July 23, 2014, 01:25:30 PM

DOESN'T WORK with stackable meals.

Stackable meals is for vanilla meals only, thats why it does't work with this mod :)