[Mod idea] Hostile Plant

Started by khun_poo, September 03, 2017, 09:17:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

khun_poo

1. Thorn vine
Slow down movement speed to pawn who try to walk through, deal slightly dmg. Much like barbwire from other mod. Naturally grow in arid shrubland and borreal forrest biomes. Can be plant with lv 4+ grow skill. Grow fast and last very long. Cannot be harvest and not grant any beauty buff.

2. Maneater plant
Can do melee dmg to every creature around it (it is possible?). Deal moderate dmg. Naturally grow in Tropical rain forrest biomes. Can be plant with lv 12+ grow skill. Grow at moderate speed and wither quickly. It can only deal dmg when grow more than 75% stage. Can be harvest for human meat. It cannot deal dmg if light level below 51%. So, it is more safer to havest it at night. Give an ugly environment to surrounding arrea (-100 beauty).

3. Boom flower
Emit light like glow pod. If it burning, It can be explode like boomrat (3x3 fire area dmg, ignite surrounding object). Can be plant in flower pot. Not grow in nature. Need lv 7+ glowing skill to grow it. Can't be harvest. It will not exploding if cut, blight or animal graze on it (only burn it to cause it to explode). Give a beauty to surrounding.

4. Boom tree
Emit light like sunlamp. When it grow pass 50% stage, It can be explode like boommalope (5x5 fire area dmg, ignite surrounding object) when burning. Can be plant only on sand and mash tile (It is possible?). Not grow in nature. Need lv 10+ glowing skill to grow it. Can be harvest for chemfuel. Not exploding if cut, blight or animal eat it (only burn it to cause it to explode). Give a beauty to surrounding.

5. Poison rafflesia spout
An event plant. Spout in random number. Once trigger it will cause toxic fog and poison ground to 15*15 area around it. Cut it down or burn it will cause all living in the entire map suffer a toxic build up to 33% per spout. It can grow in every light level. Can't be plant by player. Can't be harvest. It will wither after a season or it's too cold. It is very beautiful by the way (+100 beauty to surround)

Thank you for reading  :)

Canute

Did you ever tryed TiberiumRim
https://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=28843.0
?
It isn't excatly what you request, but very hostile.

khun_poo

Look interest. I'll give it a try  :D

The-Eroks

I've been contemplating this idea for awhile now, and I haven't determined the best way to implement it without coding. Anyone, any ideas?

I thought about setting up an plant-looking animal that moved very, very slowly, so the plant has some shuffle, but I would also like the plants to grow and spread naturally.

khun_poo

Just test tiberium mod. The gun is way too OP. I don't like it.

Quote from: The-Eroks on September 04, 2017, 11:58:12 AM
I've been contemplating this idea for awhile now, and I haven't determined the best way to implement it without coding. Anyone, any ideas?

I thought about setting up an plant-looking animal that moved very, very slowly, so the plant has some shuffle, but I would also like the plants to grow and spread naturally.

Well... I'm a noob in computer programming. No idea at all about coding and modding  :P

Cryusaki

If I were to try and make a mod like this my idea to start would be to add verbs to the trees (Probably would need to create tree 'bodies' too) and make a hostile plant faction so when a player steps within melee range of a plant it tries to attack your colonists.

I'm not sure how this would effect game performance since it's like filling the map with hostile pawns checking to see if any colonists are within range over and over again

Canute

ground plants like traps, 50-100% chance to hit, with some minor damage.

the man eating plants as slow/non moving predator  animals, allways hungry but can't starve.

Wolf619

i think someone already made a mod called tangleweed that does what you want as far as the thorne vine is concerned, but its a mod that works like sandbags or barbwire, i dont think it acts like an actual plant. (growing, etc)