3D stuff in game

Started by Architect, May 10, 2014, 07:03:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Architect

Been fiddling around trying to put 3D objects in the game. RimWorld has not been happy about it, but I think I'm close to getting some nice 3D cubes to replace the walls, which opens up a lot of possibility for future mods in my opinion.

Unfortunately I'm gonna have to break away from it all to get on with my exams that start in about 5 days, but I was just wondering what you guys would think of certain elements (not necessarily walls, just testing) being made 3D by a mod, and if you think it would at least be worth a shot, what would you like to see?
Check out BetterPower+ and all its derivatives by clicking the picture below.

It adds many new methods of power generation and uses for it, as well as other things such as incidents.

Coenmcj

Are you trying to do what I think you are trying to do? (Unlocking that Z vector, the one that goes up.)

Although I think the various plants, Geothermals or solar's would be cool.

Good luck with this and your exams. You'll probably do well you damn genius. ;)
Moderator on discord.gg/rimworld come join us! We don't bite

pawnstorm

Hmm, sounds interesting! Do you mean objects that use the Z-factor or 3D models? I'm curious what it would look like, have ye any pictures? :P
Anyway, best of luck on your exams!

Architect

I mean 3D models; not much to show at the moment, without having some 3D lighting in the scene, it looks like a single, though odd, 2D shape. I have been spinning it and moving it to various different places so I know that it is working, I just can't figure out how to put lights in that won't play havoc with the 2D parts of the scene.

Cheers for the best wishes though guys, just kinda wish I had taken some kinda computing course rather than Government and Politics, that way I might be able to answer things in the exam XD
Check out BetterPower+ and all its derivatives by clicking the picture below.

It adds many new methods of power generation and uses for it, as well as other things such as incidents.

pawnstorm

Ouch, government and politics... I envy you not :P