Replace walls?

Started by code99xx, September 05, 2017, 07:43:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

code99xx

I was wondering if it would be at all possible to make walls act like vents/cooler/etc in the sense that you can replace a wall type with a different type without having to  mark it to be deconstructed and then wait for your pawns to deconstruct it before being able to place the blueprints for another wall.

Im sure i over-complicated my explanation, so, an example:

I have a building which walls are made of wood and I want to replace them with granite walls. Would be great if you can just place the blueprint of the granite wall over the wood wall and let your pawns deconstruct/build automatically just like they do when you place a cooler.

Its a QOL change, i think it would be great to have this, if its even possible.

eskoONE

from https://www.reddit.com/r/RimWorld/wiki/modfaq:

https://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=17094 / Steam New Zone Tools by Britnoth - Chequer pattern cancel, soil grow zone, and replace existing wall tools.

code99xx

oh ...

Thanks, i feel stupid now. I have looked at and downloaded more than 80 mods for my current playthrough and i never seen those mods :)

eskoONE

hey, i recently got back to rimworld again and picked up like 150 mods over the past 7 days. its rly not so easy to find some of those mods. they are hidden in the darkest corners of this forum :D

ive spent rly a lot of time, as for now, i think i spent more time searching for mods than playing the game :D i cant stop it, pls send help :/

Canute

Quote from: code99xx on September 05, 2017, 08:04:02 AM
Thanks, i feel stupid now. I have looked at and downloaded more than 80 mods for my current playthrough and i never seen those mods :)
The problem are, you need to start the search from the release subforum to get a proper result.
When you just did a search for "replace wall" at the release, you might found
JTReplaceWalls
Replace wall type and doors on the fly. No need to deconstruct and then build another. Features smart building where it won't try to replace walls that are already that type. You can replace mineable things with walls and doors; it will set the mineable to be mined and your constructors will prioritise mining anything in the way of blueprints, then construct. Comes with source.
Mod makers can look into the Vaccine class comments to see how to make new walls/doors/conduits replaceable without this mod updating to support them.

SrGrafo

Quote from: eskoONE on September 05, 2017, 08:08:33 AM
hey, i recently got back to rimworld again and picked up like 150 mods over the past 7 days. its rly not so easy to find some of those mods. they are hidden in the darkest corners of this forum :D

ive spent rly a lot of time, as for now, i think i spent more time searching for mods than playing the game :D i cant stop it, pls send help :/

"hmm there got to be a mod that silence the notification sound, *browses* ah nice found it, *reads a bit* oh there is another that make new work tabs *downloads, reads more* oh there is one for better lights *downloads, read more* oh there is one of fog of war, *downloads, read more* oh there is one for seeds, /spongebob SOME TIME LATER SIGN/ "oh there is a mod that adds animals *downloads, read more *repeat repeat repeat* your new gameplay is finding mods  8) 

Apposl

Quote from: SrGrafo on September 05, 2017, 09:29:43 AM
Quote from: eskoONE on September 05, 2017, 08:08:33 AM

"hmm there got to be a mod that silence the notification sound, *browses* ah nice found it, *reads a bit* oh there is another that make new work tabs *downloads, reads more* oh there is one for better lights *downloads, read more* oh there is one of fog of war, *downloads, read more* oh there is one for seeds, /spongebob SOME TIME LATER SIGN/ "oh there is a mod that adds animals *downloads, read more *repeat repeat repeat* your new gameplay is finding mods  8) 

*checks Mod Release page more often than email or texts*

faltonico

JTReplaceWalls
Only that Steam version is A17, it is ported by somebody else not the original author, it works perfectly fine.