[1.3] [KV] Weapon Storage [ModSync RW]

Started by Kiame, September 05, 2017, 05:46:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kiame

Quote from: Harry_Dicks on January 12, 2018, 11:21:08 PM
On the mod options, there is the option to "Show weapon while not drafted." Do you think there could be a way you could choose what weapons to show? It would be really cool I think, and that way I could have my tools showing, mining pick axe, hammer, axe, batons, non-lethal shotgun (for wardens watching prisoners work the mine) would be really great! I just don't want all weapons to show. Though I suppose with Simple Sidearms, I could just add another slot, and unequip main weapon, or swap weapon into your storage.

I could look into an option to only show tools and the currently equipped weapon. Are the tools from Right Tool For The Job: Rebalanced? https://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=33092.0

Harry_Dicks

Quote from: Kiame on January 12, 2018, 11:23:19 PM
Quote from: Harry_Dicks on January 12, 2018, 11:21:08 PM
On the mod options, there is the option to "Show weapon while not drafted." Do you think there could be a way you could choose what weapons to show? It would be really cool I think, and that way I could have my tools showing, mining pick axe, hammer, axe, batons, non-lethal shotgun (for wardens watching prisoners work the mine) would be really great! I just don't want all weapons to show. Though I suppose with Simple Sidearms, I could just add another slot, and unequip main weapon, or swap weapon into your storage.

I could look into an option to only show tools and the currently equipped weapon. Are the tools from Right Tool For The Job: Rebalanced? https://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=33092.0

Yes, yes they are! Holy crap if you could do that, I think it would be so freaking awesome! One final question: could there be anyway to make pawns automatically swap tools (weapons) that are in their weapon storage, based upon what job they are going to do next? For example say they are going to do a tree cut job, so it checks if they have a wood ax and then automatically swaps. Or the pick ax for mining jobs, etc. Would something like that be possible, or is that beyond the scope of this mod? Either way, even if it is only just display weapons/tools, I think it would be great! Finally, the reason I think it would be cool to have in the mod options where you could choose what items to display or not display, would make it easier for if you add anything in with mods. Similar to how Simple Sidearms let's you decide what will or won't be a sidearm, ya'know?

PS - I also just started using Facial Stuff. This mod seems great, and I think I might continue to use it. However, the default options will show a pawns hands (looks like Prison Architect) and I enabled your mod option to show weapon, and it did not work. I did have your mods loaded before them, though. I believe this could be the culprit as to why weapons did not show, because I believe I read on a separate mod that added only hands, saying something about pawns display. I'm thinking it could still work if I maybe disable the hands on that mod, but forgot to test it before I closed down RimWorld. Was curious if you might know a solution, if that is the case. I'll check some more tomorrow after I'm up.

Kiame

Update:

Adding better support for Right Tool For The Job
-Tracks last tool used (when undrafted) and last weapon used (when drafted) so switching back and forth will re-equip the last tool/weapon
-No longer need to select the Mod Option to Show Weapons to show tools - tools will always be displayed.

Harry_Dicks

Quote from: Kiame on January 13, 2018, 04:35:14 PM
Update:

Adding better support for Right Tool For The Job
-Tracks last tool used (when undrafted) and last weapon used (when drafted) so switching back and forth will re-equip the last tool/weapon
-No longer need to select the Mod Option to Show Weapons to show tools - tools will always be displayed.

Dude, dude... you're making my dreams come true, man! It's so great to see stuff like this happening. Thank you, Kiame!

EDIT: OMG. If anyone wants to see a prime example of me being a fucking idiot, and maybe I post here too much and forget too many things, look at page 4 of this thread. I ask Kiame something on Jan 5th, and then he answers me. I guess I forget that I even had this idea or asked him in the first place, because on Jan 12th I ask him THE SAME FUCKING QUESTION! Too much smokeleaf.. ::)

Kiame

Glad you forgot. I was overwhelmed with getting Infinite Storage working that this request got lost in the mix.

As for automatically changing tools for jobs I don't think I want to include that in this mod as it's somewhat out of scope. I may consider a patch-mod like i've done with Change Dresser and this mod with mending wherein both RTftJ and WS need to be included prior to the new mod. No promises at this point though

Harry_Dicks

Quote from: Kiame on January 13, 2018, 09:28:23 PM
Glad you forgot. I was overwhelmed with getting Infinite Storage working that this request got lost in the mix.

Haha, did you forget that I had already asked it, though? Or did you see my post 5 days later, again, and think maybe this guy isn't right in the head? :P Also don't tell me the request got lost, now you make me think it is best if I always repeat my horrible ideas at least once! ::)

Quote from: Kiame on January 13, 2018, 09:28:23 PM
As for automatically changing tools for jobs I don't think I want to include that in this mod as it's somewhat out of scope. I may consider a patch-mod like i've done with Change Dresser and this mod with mending wherein both RTftJ and WS need to be included prior to the new mod. No promises at this point though

Hey man, that's cool too. At least we got something! And all I can do is ask. If you do decide to make it in the future though, boy oh boy would it be nice!

Harry_Dicks

Kiame

I believe i did. I've re-uploaded just in case.

If you're looking at the date, ignore it. That's when it was first posted, no last updated

Harry_Dicks

I think that was it, it was 2KB more than my last one, going to check it now.

By the way, my opinion man, but why do you do that with your release on github? It is very confusing to people, it definitely messed with me. Because of the date on Release page not changing. So then I try your master branch, but one of your mods didn't have the Assemblies folder that I didn't notice when extracting it. Why don't you put a little entry in the description at least on github Release page, release version number and date? Because I see your posts that you are making updates to your mods, but then I see the date on github and think you have not updated this. I am not trying to tell you how you should host your mods. I just want you to know, as an end user, that the way you host it like this it can make it confusing for some of us. That's all, love your mods! ;D

Kiame

None of my mods have the assemblies as that's not how repositories should work.

All anyone has to do is press the links on the first page that say "Direct Download - A17  B18" as those point right to the zip file

I do it this way because if i change the release I'll need to update the urls on both the ludeon post and steam post. I have 16 mods I support so I make it as easy on myself as possible

Harry_Dicks

I understand that it can be a lot to keep up with, and was curious. Maybe it wasn't assemblies, but I think it wasn't the correct version I needed and was breaking the game. Then I got the one from releases even though I thought it was older, until I found out that date isn't correct.

Do you think you could just throw a little "13-1-2014 update" in the description, or does that require you to update the release if you change anything?

Kiame

To know if you have the most recent version, this mod is using ModSync.ninja

Kiame

Update:
Fixing an issue where all assigned weapons could be lost when adding or removing an assigned weapon.

Looks like i broken something with the last update and TBH I'm not sure how this code was working prior to the last update and why this wasn't breaking until now. In any case sorry for any problems this might have caused!

Ruisuki

does this mod have a limit as to how many weapons a container can hold? I like to build an armory room close to the 1st floor of my mountain bases where all my guards suit up before going to a fight. If not, is there an option to set a limit in the mod settings so I can have a sense of realism?

Kiame

There is no limit to the number of weapons that are stored and there is no option to create a limit.