[1.3] [KV] Weapon Storage [ModSync RW]

Started by Kiame, September 05, 2017, 05:46:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kiame

Thanks for the feedback. I have not seen any of these in my testing so i'm trying to figure out how to reproduce these issues.

So when you click the Shared Weapons button (to set it up initially) nothing happens and you just get a exception? Or is the first exception after you've setup a shared weapons filter and you're trying to assign a weapon to a pawn? (thinking the later from the exception)
If the later what weapon (base game or modded, if modded what mod?)

The Shared Weapons UI will not show your current weapons but instead a list of all weapon defs (types). I'm thinking this is due to a poorly written mod not defining labels for all defs in the xml. What  weapon mods are you using by chance?

Is Trumpet a normal pawn or alien? I thought i had verified this does not work on colony animals but just in case, is that a pet?

crusader2010

Quote from: Kiame on December 17, 2018, 10:28:57 PM
Thanks for the feedback. I have not seen any of these in my testing so i'm trying to figure out how to reproduce these issues.

So when you click the Shared Weapons button (to set it up initially) nothing happens and you just get a exception? Or is the first exception after you've setup a shared weapons filter and you're trying to assign a weapon to a pawn? (thinking the later from the exception)
If the later what weapon (base game or modded, if modded what mod?)

The Shared Weapons UI will not show your current weapons but instead a list of all weapon defs (types). I'm thinking this is due to a poorly written mod not defining labels for all defs in the xml. What  weapon mods are you using by chance?

Is Trumpet a normal pawn or alien? I thought i had verified this does not work on colony animals but just in case, is that a pet?

1. After clicking Shared Weapons a window appears with two buttons - Filter and New. Both do nothing. Nothing else is shown in the window. The exception happens after the window appeared on the screen (seems it cannot render something on it).

2. Trumpet is a normal pawn, but has the SUMMONER trait from "A Rimworld of Magic". Don't think that's an issue though.

3. Here are my weapon mods: Titanium+, ProjectArmoury, maybe Apparello (not sure). Got also some mods that alter different stats of weapons. I've attached the mod config. WeaponsStorage is at the end of the load order.

I was previously using the version without shared weapons, so i deleted the mod's folder from Rimworld\Mods and extracted this new archive. Also using an existing saved game in which I had already built a weapon storage item. Could this have caused the issues?

Can provide the saved game if you want.

[attachment deleted due to age]
My mod pack: {A13} Mod Mega Pack

Kiame

nah save game compatible. I'll look more into this tomorrow

crusader2010

Quote from: Kiame on December 18, 2018, 03:41:54 AM
nah save game compatible. I'll look more into this tomorrow

Thanks! :) right now i've set the priority to Low for the weapon storage and reverted to the old stockpile way of storing weapons due to the impossibility of assignment :( I hope you'll find something.

Kiame

Does the old way of assigning not work either?

crusader2010

Quote from: Kiame on December 18, 2018, 10:34:00 AM
Does the old way of assigning not work either?

For me it doesn't. I described the issue above, in the edits.

I can also provide an archive with my mods + the save, so you can debug the exact game that i'm playing. Let me know how I can help, either way.

Kiame

For the assign weapons and not all weapons showing up until a pawn is selected...

The logic behind the assign is once a weapon is assigned to a pawn, that weapon is no longer available to be assigned to any other pawn. Once a pawn is selected, the weapons assigned to that pawn will be added to the top of the list. If a weapon is unassigned from a pawn, that weapon will then show up normally and can be assigned to another pawn.

Tested with Titanium+ and Project Armory 1.2 and it's working

Kiame

Trying to reproduce the steps you're taking.

Do you just click the "Shared Weapons" button after selecting a weapon storage and then you're flooded by error messages?

crusader2010

Quote from: Kiame on December 18, 2018, 12:54:14 PM
For the assign weapons and not all weapons showing up until a pawn is selected...

The logic behind the assign is once a weapon is assigned to a pawn, that weapon is no longer available to be assigned to any other pawn. Once a pawn is selected, the weapons assigned to that pawn will be added to the top of the list. If a weapon is unassigned from a pawn, that weapon will then show up normally and can be assigned to another pawn.

Sorry, I did not explain it properly. When there is no pawn selected, the Assign Weapon window shows up less weapons than there should be there (of course, without considering those that are already assigned!). When a pawn is selected, the window shows up ALL the weapons (as it should). Proof below. None of my pawns has the elasmotherium horn equipped.

Assign window without any pawn selected: https://imgur.com/a/xfs33Uv
Assign window with a pawn selected: https://imgur.com/a/8rzA8ve

There seems to be another bug too. One of my pawns has a weapon that doesn't appear at all in the Weapon Storage. It wasn't assigned to the pawn through the Assign Weapon window, but by taking it from the ground, directly. Proof:

Pawn has unassigned weapon (gear on pawn): https://imgur.com/a/1hYRphX
Pawn has unassigned weapon (assign weapon window): https://imgur.com/a/hXKigD6

Kiame

I'm honestly drawing a blank

Does any of this work in a new game?

There was someone on the workshop with the same problems. I compared the mods both of you have in common. I d/l and enabled those shared mods in hopes of reproducing the failure to equip weapons / open assign weapons window / open shared weapons window and everything's working fine.

The 10 shared mods being:

• JecsTools
  • Psychology
  • ED-EnhancedOptions
  • TD Enhancement Pack
  • QualityBuilder
  • Blueprints
  • QualitySurgeon
  • RimHUD
  • Locks
  • MendAndRecycle

Kiame

For anyone having problems with the newest version of this mod, the older version can be downloaded here: https://github.com/KiameV/rimworld-weaponstorage/releases/download/test/WeaponStorage.zip

crusader2010

I'll try moving around the two mods again (WS and ChangeDresser) since I don't want to lose this save right now. At least that's what fixed the previous errors. Most likely this is an issue with updating WS from the previous version and loading the same saved game (I believe this because ChangeDresser is working properly and these are the only two mods I updated recently).

Will return with any news.

crusader2010

Quote from: Kiame on December 18, 2018, 02:11:15 PM
For anyone having problems with the newest version of this mod, the older version can be downloaded here: https://github.com/KiameV/rimworld-weaponstorage/releases/download/test/WeaponStorage.zip

Can confirm that the previous version is working properly (with the saved game that has the above issues).

Moving the mods around didn't help. Cannot make it work :(

Kiame

Update:
Fixing a bug that was was causing an error when removing weapons for smelting or repair

Arkallus

Ok, So is the weapon that I assigned from the storage box supposed to stay in my colonist's inventory, Because it keeps getting stuck in my colonist's inventory whenever I first draft him and the weapon stays there until i reassign it, only then it disappears from the inventory

I have Simple sidearms btw, if that means anything to you