Prediction of Alpha 18

Started by Romi, September 06, 2017, 08:39:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Romi

I wonder when alpha 18 will come out...
Don't want to start a new colony then delete it because of the new alpha, because when a new update is coming out, is probably not save compatible.

Ra_silk

If you have the steam version you can backdate it to play old saves.
and one thing i am hoping for in 18 is covered wagons that can boost caravan speed and carrying capacity.

like this: https://static.turbosquid.com/Preview/2014/05/23__01_06_23/WAGON1.jpg6DEF40AC-908C-4487-ADC10F40DB43D8CB.jpgLarger.jpg

BaumMitBart

Quote from: Ra_silk on September 06, 2017, 09:42:35 AM
If you have the steam version you can backdate it to play old saves.

If you are using mods and steam, you should backup your mod folder, too. Backdate your old rimworld version doesnt backdate all the mods. If a mod developer releases a newer mod version you cant play your old saves.

Romi

yeah I guess, still dunno if to start a new colony or wait for alpha 18

Jibbles

I broke my saved games for a new update. Honestly was too excited to be bummed out or irritated at the time. I would go for it and do the backup method.

Bozobub

Forcing updates on mod-heavy games always struck me as incredibly foolhardy.
Thanks, belgord!

Dashthechinchilla

Alpha 17 was in player testing for a few weeks.  Tynan said it was due to the increasing complexity of the game. I would bet you will have plenty of notice before 18 is forced.

drunetovich

Previously release cycle was about 6 months, so we are getting pretty close. My guess is early November.

Mr.Cross

Quote from: Dashthechinchilla on September 10, 2017, 08:41:51 PM
Alpha 17 was in player testing for a few weeks.  Tynan said it was due to the increasing complexity of the game. I would bet you will have plenty of notice before 18 is forced.
I think it may go, Private testing, closed public testing, open public testing for those final few bugs. with Private and closed public testing being done in secret with no info going out. I could be way or base though so Don't listen to my rambling!  ;D ;D
Claims to know most things.