[WIP] Vanilla Apparel Rework

Started by mcduff, February 23, 2019, 03:47:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mcduff

My first attempt at a mod, looking at expanding the vanilla apparel.

First release (v0.0.1) here:
Github

What I've done so far:

• Introduced a new layer in between Shell and Middle called Armor
  • Created multiple kinds of armor with pieces:

• Heavy and Light variants of leather, plate and stuffable marine armor
    • Advanced Marine Armor with better stats and Powered Exo Suit pieces which give bad protection but increase move and work speed
    • Each armor now has separate legs, chest and arm pieces
  • You can now wear parkas and dusters on top of armor
  • t-shirts are underwear and you can wear them under shirts
  • there are new kinds of underwear - basic long underwear to supplement the t-shirt, "temperature regulating underwear" which helps in hot weather but reduces cold tolerance, and an advanced temperature regulating bodysuit which gives great temperature performance in hot and cold

There's a lot more to do on this mod - not least of which is graphics, as there are zero new graphics with this right now so a lot of the pieces look completely wrong.

The aim is to try to make it a little bit more involved to balance things like temperature, workspeed and armor. I've tried to do some balancing around this, but it's very early days, and with extra pieces stacking up their temperature modifiers there are likely to be effects I didn't plan for.

Feel free to have a look and let me know if there are any suggestions. And anyone who feels like they might want to contribute some graphics help feel free to let me know!