[1.0] Beer brewing and alcohol expanded

Started by Reize81, March 20, 2019, 03:36:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Reize81

This is my very first mod that finally has reached a playable state  :). Please note that english is my second language. Please do also note that I am very new to modding and that I have no clue about incompatibilities.

What does this mod aim to do?

The goal of this mod is to make the production chain for beer more complicated and to change beer in a way that it is based on a starch containing plant suitable for brewing (corn, rice) and hops. Furthermore the mod introduces the production of empty bottles (by pottery) at the sculpting table and it introduces hard liquor, which is more potent than beer and more valuable.

What has been achieved?

There is a new workbench named "mash tub", which can convert sugar containing vegetables (corn, rice, potatoes and agave) into mash. Additionally the mash tub can be used to make wort out of corn/hops or rice/hops. The brewery can no longer be used to make wort and has a different purpose now.
Mash can be distilled to pure alcohol in the biofuel refinery. Pure alcohol is as unstable as chemfuel so don't store it above power conduits or you might blow your base up.
Wort still is stored in fermenting barrels but the barrels no longer yield ready-to-drink bottled beer but fermented beer which has to be further processed before it can be consumed (with delight).
The sculpting table can be used to make stoneware bottles "stein" out of stoneblocks by a sort of pottery style attempt. Since there is no glass in Rimworld this seemed to be the next best thing (I am not 100 % happy with this one).
Pure alcohol and fermented beer can be processed into bottles at the brewery. Here all the necessary steps like filtration, dillution, carbonizing, bottling, sealing and labeling are done.
Update March 21: The "universal fermenter" mod by Kubouch has been incorporated (thx to Mehni for the tip) and now fermenting barrels accept mash and wort. You can switch between what the barrel is supposed to ferment by clicking on the barrel and then on a button. Mash ferments much faster than beer but has to be distilled afterwards. Works like a charm!  8)
Update march 22: Added a primitive mash tub that does no require electricity. That way tribals can at least brew beer again. It works slower and is less efficient than the powered version.

What is planned?

Right now I cannot figure out what makes fermenting barrels accept wort. I would like to make fermenting barrels accept mash as well because mash has to be fermented before it can be actually distilled. Right now it takes a shortcut. Maybe someone can point me in the right direction ? Help is definitely appreciated. - that's done now.
I want to introduce a second type of hard liquor: A herbal medicine elixir like cough syrup that boosts immunity gain speed by a tiny amount and which of course can be consumed just for the fun and buzz all at the risk of becomeing addicted ("I got hooked on this in the service." - Moe, trying to hide the secret ingredient of the Flaming Moe).
Consuming fermented beer right now gives the negative thought related to the indigestion of raw food. This is on purpose but I plan to add an appropiate text/thought to match the consumption of unprocessed beer.

Links:

Steam workshop upload:https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1688530219

Dropbox:https://www.dropbox.com/s/qz3b0anqi255esy/TR-BrewingAndAlcoholExpanded.rar?dl=0

Bunkier

if you post things on forums, you should consider putting the mod on some kind of file upload cuz not all people have steam version on but anyway, this looks interesting.

Reize81

Thanks for the tip. As I said I am totally new to this. So I will add a link  8)

Reize81

This is the error log of someone who downloaded via steam:

error log
Here's what it says:

Could not find a type named Kubouch.JobDriver_FillUniversalFermenter

(Filename: C:/buildslave/unity/build/artifacts/generated/common/runtime/DebugBindings.gen.cpp Line: 51)

Could not find a type named Kubouch.JobDriver_TakeProductOutOfUniversalFermenter

(Filename: C:/buildslave/unity/build/artifacts/generated/common/runtime/DebugBindings.gen.cpp Line: 51)

Could not find type named Kubouch.CompProperties_UniversalFermenter from node <li Class="Kubouch.CompProperties_UniversalFermenter"><products><li><thingDef>Fermented_Beer</thingDef><ingredientFilter><thingDefs><li>Wort</li></thingDefs></ingredientFilter></li><li><thingDef>Fermented_Mash</thingDef><ingredientFilter><thingDefs><li>Mash</li></thingDefs></ingredientFilter><baseFermentationDuration>150000</baseFermentationDuration></li></products></li>

XML error: <products><li><thingDef>Fermented_Beer</thingDef><ingredientFilter><thingDefs><li>Wort</li></thingDefs></ingredientFilter></li><li><thingDef>Fermented_Mash</thingDef><ingredientFilter><thingDefs><li>Mash</li></thingDefs></ingredientFilter><baseFermentationDuration>150000</baseFermentationDuration></li></products> doesn't correspond to any field in type CompProperties. Context: <li Class="Kubouch.CompProperties_UniversalFermenter"><products><li><thingDef>Fermented_Beer</thingDef><ingredientFilter><thingDefs><li>Wort</li></thingDefs></ingredientFilter></li><li><thingDef>Fermented_Mash</thingDef><ingredientFilter><thingDefs><li>Mash</li></thingDefs></ingredientFilter><baseFermentationDuration>150000</baseFermentationDuration></li></products></li>

Could not find a type named Kubouch.WorkGiver_TakeProductOutOfUniversalFermenter

Could not find a type named Kubouch.WorkGiver_FillUniversalFermenter

.... so obviously it failed to find the universal fermenter. Since it works fine for me i guess we are looking at mod incompatibilities. Is it possible that it conflicts with another mod that uses the universal fermenter ? Anyone got an idea?