[WIP] [1.0] Beauty Floors v.1.0 Nov/12/2018

Started by swefan, September 08, 2017, 05:11:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

swefan

___

Add 36 new floors + 4 new burned texture, a bench for crafting resources for building the floors

**Wood:
*Horizontal wood + burned texture
*Vertical wood + burned texture
*Mosaic wood + burned texture
*Diagonal wood + burned texture
**Stone:
*Marble lux
*Limestone lux
*Sandstone tile
*Slate tile
*Granite tile
*Sandstone&Slate
*Slate&Limestone
*Granite&Marble
*Painted Stone
*Painted Stone b
**Jade:
*Jade tile
*Jade large tile
**Metal:
*Plasteel bars mosaic
*Plasteel plates
*Sterile lux
*Royal Gold
*Royal Silver
**Leather:
*Bluefur tile
*Camel hide tile
*Light leather tile
*Thrumbo fur tile
*Lizard skin tile
*Bird skin tile
*Plain leather tile
*Rhinoceros leather tile
*Panthera fur tile
*Pig skin tile
*Bear skin tile
*Carved Leather (Lion)
*Carved Leather (Multi256)

All the floors have at least 1 in the beauty stats, but they need a lot of resources and a lot of work, so I think it's balanced. The novelty are the leather floors (at least I have never seen a mod with leather floors)

Download version 09 14 Nov 2018
Beauty Floors V1.0

If anyone wants to help with the description and the stats or if someone has a request,  it's welcome.

LiteEmUp

- bookmarked -

Gorgeoues looking floors you got there... definitely will try out when i get home

swefan

Quote from: LiteEmUp on September 08, 2017, 06:20:06 PM
- bookmarked -

Gorgeoues looking floors you got there... definitely will try out when i get home

Great, I need advice about the cost of resources, I don't want that my mod make the game too easy, so I waiting for your opinion  ;)

swefan

Added 3 new floors:
*Trumbo fur
*Marble lux
*Diagonal wood
Some adjustments of the stats and cost

swefan

3 new floors:
*Caribou leather
*Cobra skin
*Iguana skin

swefan

Quote from: The-Eroks on September 12, 2017, 08:21:32 PM
These look very nice.  8)

Thanks!

Changed the texture for the Sterile Lux floor:
(made with Silver, Steel and Plasteel)

*V.03 14.09.2017 is on

SpaceDorf

Maxim 1   : Pillage, then burn
Maxim 37 : There is no overkill. There is only open fire and reload.
Rule 34 of Rimworld :There is a mod for that.

swefan

New floors
*Sandstone & Slate
*Slate & Limestone

LiteEmUp

so i've given this a test run...

• overall a good aesthetic mod to add to anyone's campaign.. gorgeous designs
  • feels like the amount of resources needed to build these things seems balanced..
  • my recommendations is to increase work required to build these things, as "building beautiful floors requires careful construction"
  • maybe change the name for some of the floors as it changes some of the floors from T's more floor mod.. i like using the floors from that mod, and your mod overwrites some floors on that mod.. plasteel floor,
    jade floor, mosaic wood, vertical wood are replaced by your mod.. it would be great if i can use those floors from his mod and yours as well

i currently deactivated your mod from my campaign just because it replaced both plasteel and jade floors lol.. i like the looks of t's version..

SpaceDorf

That are good suggestions by LiteEmUp.

And as the number of your floors growths I suggest that you look into Fluffies Architect Sense and Stuffed Floors ..
this could keep your mod uncluttered before you reach four rows in the menu :)
Maxim 1   : Pillage, then burn
Maxim 37 : There is no overkill. There is only open fire and reload.
Rule 34 of Rimworld :There is a mod for that.

swefan

v04a 18/sept/2017 is on
https://www.dropbox.com/s/ef06cmr1gax3nm0/BeautyFloors04a.rar?dl=0

*Added 3 floors:
*Granite & Marble
*Sandstone & Slate
*Slate & Limestone
*Changed the textures for Jade's floors
*Now the mod is compatible with "T's more floor"

Quote from: LiteEmUp on September 17, 2017, 07:38:30 AM
so i've given this a test run...

• overall a good aesthetic mod to add to anyone's campaign.. gorgeous designs
  • feels like the amount of resources needed to build these things seems balanced..
  • my recommendations is to increase work required to build these things, as "building beautiful floors requires careful construction"
  • maybe change the name for some of the floors as it changes some of the floors from T's more floor mod.. i like using the floors from that mod, and your mod overwrites some floors on that mod.. plasteel floor,
    jade floor, mosaic wood, vertical wood are replaced by your mod.. it would be great if i can use those floors from his mod and yours as well

i currently deactivated your mod from my campaign just because it replaced both plasteel and jade floors lol.. i like the looks of t's version..

Thanks for the suggestions, about increase work required, my plan is to add a minimum skill requirement or something that makes construction more difficult, about T's more floors now it should be fully compatible  ;)

Quote from: SpaceDorf on September 17, 2017, 08:35:13 AM
That are good suggestions by LiteEmUp.

And as the number of your floors growths I suggest that you look into Fluffies Architect Sense and Stuffed Floors ..
this could keep your mod uncluttered before you reach four rows in the menu :)

Thanks I'll check  ;)

LiteEmUp

thank you for making this mod compatible with T's floor mod... i've already added 6 floors from your mod to 6 rooms in my base, now i'm just waiting for more resource lol..

also another suggestion: a gold themed floor for like a royal setting..

your mod sems to have themes for like futuristic, modern, and even tribal.. now a kinda medieval/royal theme is what seems missing..

swefan

Quote from: LiteEmUp on September 18, 2017, 06:14:31 AM
thank you for making this mod compatible with T's floor mod... i've already added 6 floors from your mod to 6 rooms in my base, now i'm just waiting for more resource lol..

also another suggestion: a gold themed floor for like a royal setting..

your mod sems to have themes for like futuristic, modern, and even tribal.. now a kinda medieval/royal theme is what seems missing..

Right now I'm trying to add a bench and new items.
Anyway, gold floor for a royal sitting? Something like this?