[1.0] Trading Economy 3.1

Started by WalkingProblem, September 08, 2017, 08:54:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Evillee

Playing a game with 1 guy and no starting items, ready for hardship as I steel myself to survive. Here comes a Walkblem Soldier, he wants to rest for a few days. Tell the soldier he may sleep in the one bed I have. I try to make friends with him, he just hates me though  :'(. Get an idea;Tell him to sleep outside in a predesignated spot. Build walls around him as he sleeps. He wakes up and gets really mad. After he runs out of food I drop the roof on his head, this causes him to start bleeding. Fast Forward 3 Days. He is sitting on the ground bleeding out and starving to death, he passes out. Open chamber, take his gun, his armor, his food, and his 2k silver. Proceed to give him food and healing as he thanks me and limps off the map, the weapons company loves me now.

Become a god, buy many slaves, I am now the ruler of the planet.

WalkingProblem

Quote from: Evillee on October 14, 2017, 12:48:30 AM
Playing a game with 1 guy and no starting items, ready for hardship as I steel myself to survive. Here comes a Walkblem Soldier, he wants to rest for a few days. Tell the soldier he may sleep in the one bed I have. I try to make friends with him, he just hates me though  :'(. Get an idea;Tell him to sleep outside in a predesignated spot. Build walls around him as he sleeps. He wakes up and gets really mad. After he runs out of food I drop the roof on his head, this causes him to start bleeding. Fast Forward 3 Days. He is sitting on the ground bleeding out and starving to death, he passes out. Open chamber, take his gun, his armor, his food, and his 2k silver. Proceed to give him food and healing as he thanks me and limps off the map, the weapons company loves me now.

Become a god, buy many slaves, I am now the ruler of the planet.

What a great idea~

Yeah, you gamed the system. Not my fault. =P

kaze0

You might  to  cosider disabling Walkblem Soldier as  visitors  due to hospitability mod ,since there  is  a lot of walkblem factions making them most likely visitors  to show, its  just too easy to simply recrut their pawns with  all their  possesions alternatively  when   they  show as visitors  they should  wear only basic  stuff(since they in theory are  off  duty  it makes  sense they  shouldnt be  wearing  company gear ).

WalkingProblem

Quote from: kaze0 on October 15, 2017, 03:29:55 AM
You might  to  cosider disabling Walkblem Soldier as  visitors  due to hospitability mod ,since there  is  a lot of walkblem factions making them most likely visitors  to show, its  just too easy to simply recrut their pawns with  all their  possesions alternatively  when   they  show as visitors  they should  wear only basic  stuff(since they in theory are  off  duty  it makes  sense they  shouldnt be  wearing  company gear ).

Hmm....  Noted. 

But visitors uses the same pawn types as a raid - so if I disable their military gear, they will be without military gears when they go for raids. 

The only solution is to just disable visitors. But then you will not be able to use "hospitality" on them. =x

Canute

The recruit ability comes from hospitality mod, maybe ask Orion for a flag so your faction isn't recruitable.

WalkingProblem

I dunno. Is it really a serious issue? This recruiting of Walkblem soldiers? =x

Canute

Depend on you, it is your design.
It is ok for you that a full equip soldier which came for a tee/coffee can be convinced to stay and propably end in the kibble ? :-)

WalkingProblem

Quote from: Canute on October 15, 2017, 01:57:02 PM
Depend on you, it is your design.
It is ok for you that a full equip soldier which came for a tee/coffee can be convinced to stay and propably end in the kibble ? :-)

But this happens to every faction too......

Okay, instead, I think a better fix would be to hack the codes to make Walkblem hate you 100% for recruiting their soldiers.... LOL

----

Okay, I'm just joking. My coding skills are not good enough currently to hack something like that.... ={

Canute

Thats why i suggested that you should contact Orion, the author of hospiltality and ask him for suggestions.
Best solution would be a flag for custom faction if they could be recruited or not.

WalkingProblem

Quote from: Canute on October 15, 2017, 03:41:09 PM
Thats why i suggested that you should contact Orion, the author of hospiltality and ask him for suggestions.
Best solution would be a flag for custom faction if they could be recruited or not.

Its not nice to get him to do something specially for my mod.

I will think of another solution.

Evillee

It doesn't feel worth it to put in the work to make recruiting them harder, if you make it so they can't be recruited, players will find another way to get their stuff, in the end it should just be up to the player as to whether or not they want to go that far.

WalkingProblem

Quote from: Evillee on October 15, 2017, 06:12:46 PM
It doesn't feel worth it to put in the work to make recruiting them harder, if you make it so they can't be recruited, players will find another way to get their stuff, in the end it should just be up to the player as to whether or not they want to go that far.

I already had people getting their hands on the weapon just by "road kills".

I can buff their armor even further until they are literally unkillable. But then we still have the hunger issue. lol~

Maybe in Ver2.0, I will replace all human with droids. I think Walkblem Galactic Corporation is finding the cost of losing soldiers in the rimworld a bit too expensive. (this will be added to the lore)

Better?

----

In Ver2.0, I'm hoping to add an improved trading mechanics, where the trading offset is based not just on your negotiating pawn, but also the selling pawn (which would then be more realistic).

My eventual hope is to make a global price index for all goods in the game - adding price jumps and depressions based on random events, which will make players decide if they want to produce one goods over another to earn more silver.

But first, a more realistic trading mechanics will be good.

SpaceDorf

Quote from: Walking Problem link=topic=35551.msg371360#msg371360

Maybe in Ver2.0, I will replace all human with droids. I think Walkblem Galactic Corporation is finding the cost of losing soldiers in the rimworld a bit too expensive. (this will be added to the lore)

Better?

Vote Yay! for Slaver Cylons.
Maxim 1   : Pillage, then burn
Maxim 37 : There is no overkill. There is only open fire and reload.
Rule 34 of Rimworld :There is a mod for that.

Evillee

Droids sound neat, though I do think if they produce Droids they should sell the armor for a high price(It's not too op when you consider mods like modular power armor)

WalkingProblem

Quote from: Evillee on October 16, 2017, 06:13:19 PM
Droids sound neat, though I do think if they produce Droids they should sell the armor for a high price(It's not too op when you consider mods like modular power armor)

The armor currently is not expensive enough? lol~

(it supposed to be a powered armor - i'm just too lazy to do a custom texture for now)