[1.0] Trading Economy 3.1

Started by WalkingProblem, September 08, 2017, 08:54:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Darkstar82

Hi there. I just wanted to point out something interesting to you all based on this paragraph on the original post. Consider it food for thought.

QuoteIntroducing the Trading Economy mod!
Graduate from your rimworld life of living like a overdue cavemen, into the industrialised modern world of Capitalism

The traders are sole traders, they are not capitalists as to the best of our knowledge they don't have employee's. Sole traders have existed across all economic systems for millennia, as have markets.

as for the rimworld colony, it operates as a collective, hence what you have is sole traders buying and selling goods to and from...

communists.

For capitalism, you need a top down anti democratic system of production that takes the wealth all produce and gives it to a few, who would pocket most of it then give a tiny dribble back to the rest who produced the wealth.

i.e. employer>employee. ;o)

Vaulter69

Quote from: NoCanDo on December 09, 2018, 04:01:45 PM
BRUUUUUHHH! Where can I get them 100000000000000000000 capacity carrying vehicles?!?!?

here are some ways to get Walkblem vehicles/animals
1. prepare carefully
2. with the help of giddy up mod (read it's description)

Beathrus

Why do the Walk people not wear parkas in cold weather?!

aktama04

Ummm, so a giant stack of something like 60+ walkblem caravans and vehicles just spawned in one spot on the edge of my map and made my game something like 0.04 fps.I didnt even get the trading thingy popup. What the fuck

https://imgur.com/a/egDK6Hc

BurntBraai

i have witnessed some bugs:
1) if i buy something from the trader caravans that come to my colony then the silver i used to buy the item leaves my inventory but the traders do not drop the goods, if i sell an item they take the item from my colony but do not drop the silver for me

2) the caravan members have food on them but all end up malnutricient so i think i have a mod that lets me dismiss traders but the first few times i decided not to dismiss the traders since they end up mauricien, they stay at the colony for a long time, half the caravan collapse and die, the other half then leaves them to die, i then strip the bodies and make a large profit since their armour and weapons are worth thousands

the first bug is unfair and the second bug makes it unbalanced

Canute

RedEyeTiger01,
mosttimes when trader,visitor get malnutriend and don't leave the map by their own somekind of error prevent them.
You should provide a logfile, if you use hugslib too, press CTRL-F12 or use the green "share logs" button at the log window.

wolfsilver00

Right now this breaks my game, I have everything updated, I dont know anymore what to do, changed load order a bunch and it still won't work.

Faction Walkblem Partners Technologies of def WalkblemTechnologies has no usable PawnGroupMakers for parms groupKind=Trader, tile=236455, inhabitants=False, points=668, faction=Walkblem Partners Technologies, traderKind=, generateFightersOnly=False, dontUseSingleUseRocketLaunchers=False, raidStrategy=, forceOneIncap=False, seed=
Verse.Log:Error(String, Boolean)
RimWorld.<GeneratePawns>c__Iterator0:MoveNext()
System.Linq.Enumerable:Count(IEnumerable`1)
JecsTools.HarmonyPatches:GeneratePawns(PawnGroupMakerParms, Boolean, IEnumerable`1&)
RimWorld.PawnGroupMakerUtility:GeneratePawns_Patch2(PawnGroupMakerParms, Boolean)
RimWorld.IncidentWorker_NeutralGroup:SpawnPawns(IncidentParms)
System.Reflection.MonoMethod:InternalInvoke(Object, Object[], Exception&)
System.Reflection.MonoMethod:Invoke(Object, BindingFlags, Binder, Object[], CultureInfo)
System.Reflection.MethodBase:Invoke(Object, Object[])
Harmony.Traverse:GetValue()
Harmony.Traverse:GetValue()
GiddyUpCaravan.Harmony.IncidentWorker_TraderCaravanArrival_TryExecuteWorker:MountAnimals(IncidentWorker_TraderCaravanArrival, IncidentParms)
RimWorld.IncidentWorker_TraderCaravanArrival:TryExecuteWorker_Patch0(Object, IncidentParms)
RimWorld.IncidentWorker:TryExecute(IncidentParms)
Verse.<DoIncidentDebugAction>c__AnonStorey54:<>m__0()
Verse.Dialog_DebugOptionLister:DebugAction(String, Action)
Verse.Dialog_DebugOptionListLister:DoListingItems()
Verse.Dialog_OptionLister:DoWindowContents(Rect)
Verse.<WindowOnGUI>c__AnonStorey0:<>m__0(Int32)
UnityEngine.GUI:CallWindowDelegate(WindowFunction, Int32, Int32, GUISkin, Int32, Single, Single, GUIStyle)

wolfsilver00

And this is what happens when I DISABLE Giddy Up Caravan

Faction Walkblem Partners Technologies of def WalkblemTechnologies has no usable PawnGroupMakers for parms groupKind=Trader, tile=236455, inhabitants=False, points=655, faction=Walkblem Partners Technologies, traderKind=, generateFightersOnly=False, dontUseSingleUseRocketLaunchers=False, raidStrategy=, forceOneIncap=False, seed=
RimWorld.<GeneratePawns>c__Iterator0:MoveNext()
System.Linq.Enumerable:Count(IEnumerable`1)
JecsTools.HarmonyPatches:GeneratePawns(PawnGroupMakerParms, Boolean, IEnumerable`1&)
RimWorld.PawnGroupMakerUtility:GeneratePawns_Patch2(PawnGroupMakerParms, Boolean)
RimWorld.IncidentWorker_NeutralGroup:SpawnPawns(IncidentParms)
RimWorld.IncidentWorker_TraderCaravanArrival:TryExecuteWorker(IncidentParms)
RimWorld.IncidentWorker:TryExecute(IncidentParms)
Verse.<DoIncidentDebugAction>c__AnonStorey54:<>m__0()
Verse.Dialog_DebugOptionLister:DebugAction(String, Action)
Verse.Dialog_DebugOptionListLister:DoListingItems()
Verse.Dialog_OptionLister:DoWindowContents(Rect)
Verse.<WindowOnGUI>c__AnonStorey0:<>m__0(Int32)
UnityEngine.GUI:CallWindowDelegate(WindowFunction, Int32, Int32, GUISkin, Int32, Single, Single, GUIStyle)

Still no caravan, I dont know what the hell is going on... Ive read somewhere that the giddyup error could be because of the biome, but I find that quite strange... I'm in modded biome btw, rimbeous real world mod or something like that, in grassland.. But I see no corelation between biome and caravans.. And this was for other mod, don't remember which, that had the same problem with giddyup.. I dont know, just pointing it out in case you know wth (

wolfsilver00

Sorr for making different posts, im updating as I investigate.

Ok, seems the biome thing was correct, what the hell? Same save, traveled to another tile with a vanilla biome, settled, damn caravan spawned. Traveled to another mod biome, caravan won't spawn.. Clearly there is something going on there.. Thing is, vanilla caravans spawn no problem, so it HAS to be a walkblem caravan for it to fail.. Any idea how to fix this?

wolfsilver00

Domar

I've noticed three strange problems with the AI of pawns working for Walkblem caravans.

Firstly, they won't eat, ever. I've had them standing around with Pemmican and other food items being held in their inventory, but they will continue wandering around while making no attempt to eat anything until dying of starvation, should they not leave first.

Secondly, they seem to have trouble leaving maps at times, at one point I had a heat wave going on which triggered a message that they would be leaving early for safety reasons. However, after reaching the edge of the map they wandered around there for at least 3 more days, half of them dying from heat stroke before the rest left the map. This problem may occur even when they're in transit to other areas, the first caravan I got from Walkblem came and went seemingly without issue but I later got a message that the caravan had gone missing on the way back and I was being blamed for it. Doubt they'd die to raiders given their super overpowered gear.

Third, the Walkblem Heavy Armored Caravan pawns seem entirely incapable of any movement and will just sit around on the edge of the map after all the allied human pawns leave the map, I currently have 5 of them parked on my map at day 36.

I haven't had these problems with other pawns nor caravans, even on the same save.

whyareuhere

Hello, I was wondering if there is an updated CE patch for this mod. So far, I've only seen the V1.4 patch from A17 Rimworld.

Tocato

using faction control makes each trading company its own faction, so it builds a ton of settlements around the globe. Any way to stop this?? As it is it makes the companies seem more like a civilization as opposed to a business

foxmlg

Vehicles stuck at the edge of the map, visitors also dont go away, and keeps throwing this error. Any idea?
Vehicles throwing errors:

Exception in JobDriver tick for pawn WalkblemArmoredCaravan56257 driver=JobDriver_LayDown (toilIndex=1) driver.job=(LayDown (Job_140441) A=(61, 0, 272)) lastJobGiver=null
System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
at (wrapper dynamic-method) Verse.AI.Pawn_JobTracker.ShouldStartJobFromThinkTree_Patch1 (object,Verse.AI.ThinkResult) <0x00052>
at Verse.AI.Pawn_JobTracker.CheckForJobOverride () <0x000ba>
at RimWorld.Toils_LayDown/<LayDown>c__AnonStorey0.<>m__1 () <0x006c3>
at (wrapper dynamic-method) Verse.AI.JobDriver.DriverTick_Patch1 (object) <0x004c8>

Verse.AI.JobUtility:TryStartErrorRecoverJob(Pawn, String, Exception, JobDriver)
Verse.AI.JobDriver:DriverTick_Patch1(Object)
Verse.AI.Pawn_JobTracker:JobTrackerTick()
Verse.Pawn:Tick()
Verse.TickList:Tick()
Verse.TickManager:DoSingleTick()
Verse.TickManager:TickManagerUpdate()
Verse.Game:UpdatePlay()
Verse.Root_Play:Update()

lacoka1221q

Quote from: Domar on February 20, 2019, 11:27:31 AM
I've noticed three strange problems with the AI of pawns working for Walkblem caravans.

Firstly, they won't eat, ever. I've had them standing around with Pemmican and other food items being held in their inventory, but they will continue wandering around while making no attempt to eat anything until dying of starvation, should they not leave first.

Secondly, they seem to have trouble leaving maps at times, at one point I had a heat wave going on which triggered a message that they would be leaving early for safety reasons. However, after reaching the edge of the map they wandered around there for at least 3 more days, half of them dying from heat stroke before the rest left the map. This problem may occur even when they're in transit to other areas, the first caravan I got from Walkblem came and went seemingly without issue but I later got a message that the caravan had gone missing on the way back and I was being blamed for it. Doubt they'd die to raiders given their super overpowered gear.

Third, the Walkblem Heavy Armored Caravan pawns seem entirely incapable of any movement and will just sit around on the edge of the map after all the allied human pawns leave the map, I currently have 5 of them parked on my map at day 36.

I haven't had these problems with other pawns nor caravans, even on the same save.

Hello same problems to me  :'(