[1.1] Avoid Friendly Fire (stop shooting when friendlies are in the way)

Started by falconne, September 10, 2017, 06:16:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

falconne

I will add an option to disable protecting animals with a master. I won't have time to make it configurable in the near future unfortunately.

Vlad0mi3r

Excellent time to kill some more of those stinking mechanoid caterpillars.

Send in the bears!!!!!!

[attachment deleted by admin: too old]
Mods I would recommend:
Mending, Fertile Fields, Smokeleaf Industries and the Giddy Up series.

The Mod you must have:
https://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=40545.msg403503#msg403503

falconne

Just made a minor update to address a limitation that was noted:

Pet protection can now be turned off in Mod Options if desired. This can be useful when using tamed boomrats as weapons, or with certain mods.

Fatsack

can you make a mod where you can adjust the possible miss area to remove it in a radius from the person shooting up to a certain selectable radius?  So like, if your friendlies are within 3 or 4 tiles in front of you, there is no chance to hit them, but further than that the miss area is still there.

Harry_Dicks

Quote from: falconne on March 10, 2018, 06:20:13 AM
Just made a minor update
Awesome, thank you!

Quote from: Fatsack on March 10, 2018, 04:26:44 PM
can you make a mod where you can adjust the possible miss area to remove it in a radius from the person shooting up to a certain selectable radius?  So like, if your friendlies are within 3 or 4 tiles in front of you, there is no chance to hit them, but further than that the miss area is still there.
If you have a 3x3 square of pawns with ranged attack on, I'm pretty sure they won't hit each other.

Vlad0mi3r

Mods I would recommend:
Mending, Fertile Fields, Smokeleaf Industries and the Giddy Up series.

The Mod you must have:
https://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=40545.msg403503#msg403503

falconne

Updated to B19. Let me know of any issues, I've only done some brief testing on B19.

bigheadzach

Anyone experience an issue with the 19.2 release version unpacking with all files having names equivalent to their path structure?

falconne

Quote from: bigheadzach on September 03, 2018, 01:18:35 AM
Anyone experience an issue with the 19.2 release version unpacking with all files having names equivalent to their path structure?

Hmm, what are you seeing? I just double checked the zip and it seems ok.

Canute

bigheadzach,
let me guess, you download the Master and not the release.
In falconne's github master you can't find any useable mod, you need to download the release version.

XeoNovaDan

Hey, so ToWild radius has actually been made dynamic with B19 rather than the old fixed 1.9 cell radius. You can find the values in ShootTuning in Verse.

falconne

Quote from: XeoNovaDan on September 03, 2018, 05:21:08 AM
Hey, so ToWild radius has actually been made dynamic with B19 rather than the old fixed 1.9 cell radius. You can find the values in ShootTuning in Verse.

Ah sweet, thanks, I'll fix that

falconne

Quote from: Canute on September 03, 2018, 04:06:02 AM
bigheadzach,
In falconne's github master you can't find any useable mod, you need to download the release version.

Oh yeah, I guess I should change this. I just wince at the thought of committing built binaries into source control  :D I assume this is done so people can just do a git pull to update a mod.

bigheadzach

Quote from: Canute on September 03, 2018, 04:06:02 AM
bigheadzach,

Actually, it was the release version that did that. Downloading the master and then extracting the actual mod worked for me.

ferofax

QuoteOnly affects the AI of shooters, who will stop shooting when someone gets in the way. Nothing is done to stop undrafted pawns from wandering into the middle of battle; again a harder problem to solve.

Have the red zone overlay projected and adjust weight for those tiles for undrafted AI pathing to take into account? Like, if someone's aiming, those red zones should be weighted so that pathing through them is unlikely and would force undrafted pawns to path around them. You can also trigger a "soft" mental panic Fleeing for undrafted AI within the line of fire, so they rush out of it.