[A17b] Leather Clothing Doesn't Have Stuff-Multiplied Market Value

Started by XeoNovaDan, September 11, 2017, 04:07:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

XeoNovaDan

Important Post-Report Edit
OK, so me being Mister Forgetful that I am, I actually reported this and then checked to see if this was already reported. It had already been reported here during Alpha 9, and in turn put on the mantis here, with the conclusion being that leathers would have their own base market values. In this case, the 'Market Value' multipler should be removed to prevent confusion amongst others.

Overview
When inspecting leather, it has a stated market value multiplier upon viewing information, with most leathers having a 'x130% Market Value' multiplier. So theoretically in this case, it should count as either...
A) Having a 30% higher effective market value when being used as a Stuff ingredient (e.g. 2.1 value leather counting as 2.73 value)
B) Multiply the value of the final clothing product by 1.3.

With both of those cases in mind, let's see how this works with a normal quality duster...
No Multipliers: 80 * 2.1 + 22000 * 0.003 = 234 = 235
Case A: 80 * (2.1 * 1.3) + 22000 * 0.003 = 284.4 = 285
Case B: (80 * 2.1 + 22000 * 0.003) * 1.3 = 304.2 = 305

However, despite all that's stated in the info tab of Leather, a normal quality duster made out of leather doesn't factor in the aforementioned multiplier, so a leather duster actually only has a base market value of 235. I've also looked at other pieces of apparel, and there's no sign of the multiplier being put into effect there either. Similarly, I've spawned in clothing made of leather with a different multiplier (pigskin), and clothing made of stuff with a different base value (chinchilla fur), but again to no avail regarding the multiplier.

Screenshots of the baseline case are attached.

Mods
As usual with my bug reports, I'm running MOD-E, Core, HugsLib, and Mod List Backup. These most likely won't have any effect on the outcome of this bug.

Expected Outcome
Leather's market value multiplier would affect the market value of equipment made out of it either by giving leather a higher effective market value, or as a post-process in a similar fashion to quality and health points.

Actual Outcome
The leather's market value multiplier has absolutely no impact on the market value of equipment made out of it.

Steps to Reproduce
1) Devmode spawn in any 'Leathery' stuffed apparel until there's a Leathery apparel item of normal quality
2) Spawn in a piece of leather, preferably the same leather as the apparel item is made out of
3) Observe as the market value multiplier has no effect

Ease of Reproduction: Always

[attachment deleted by admin: too old]

Wanderer_joins

Then with the sell price multiplier on apparels (.7) selling a normal leather duster is less valuable than selling the leather directly.

At least with this 1.3 multiplier it would make tailoring profitable with level 12 crafters and above. Still not as profitable as art, but no longer a net loss.

ison

The market value multiplier is not used.

Fixed (after A18), thanks for the great report.