Creative Rewards Guidelines

Started by Tynan, October 24, 2013, 12:49:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zebo12345

Soo, I am very sorry that it is now 2016 and I am finally getting to this. I bought this pack a looong time ago, and you told me that my first iteration of my backstory would not work. Well, here I am, ready to try again. I just don't know where to go or what to do to create a new backstory. If I recall, it was an email last time, but that email is long gone now.

milon

Quote from: AllenWL on February 11, 2016, 10:55:38 PM
What exactly is this place for? Read around a bit, but still confused.

It's for people who purchased the Name in Game pack or above ($45 or more).  You can still access & purchase upgrades at http://rimworldgame.com/ (panel on the right side).

Quote from: Zebo12345 on April 07, 2016, 08:57:50 PM
Soo, I am very sorry that it is now 2016 and I am finally getting to this. I bought this pack a looong time ago, and you told me that my first iteration of my backstory would not work. Well, here I am, ready to try again. I just don't know where to go or what to do to create a new backstory. If I recall, it was an email last time, but that email is long gone now.

Login here:
http://rimworldgame.com/creative/index.php

Vaporisor

This is quite interesting.  I didnt think I would like rimworld as much as I have over the time.  Is there a way to buy an upgrade to name in game/etc. if we just bought standard vanilla?
Stories by Vaporisor

Escaped convicts!
concluded
Altair XIII
Frozen Wastes

Ubivis

Hi all, looking so forward bringing me into the game (joined last weekend). Any idea, how long the name approval process takes, until I can start working on me? ;)

milon

Quote from: Vaporisor on April 25, 2016, 02:09:02 AM
This is quite interesting.  I didnt think I would like rimworld as much as I have over the time.  Is there a way to buy an upgrade to name in game/etc. if we just bought standard vanilla?

Good question. If you want to upgrade, rather than re-purchase, I suggest you PM Tynan.  I'm not sure if that's a "regular" option or not.

Quote from: Ubivis on April 26, 2016, 07:42:22 AM
Hi all, looking so forward bringing me into the game (joined last weekend). Any idea, how long the name approval process takes, until I can start working on me? ;)

It shouldn't take more than a few days or a week (at a guess).  Try logging in with your forum credentials at the Creative Rewards link I posted. If it doesn't work, give it a few days and try again.

Aatxe360

Quote from: milon on April 26, 2016, 01:36:45 PM
Quote from: Vaporisor on April 25, 2016, 02:09:02 AM

Good question. If you want to upgrade, rather than re-purchase, I suggest you PM Tynan.  I'm not sure if that's a "regular" option or not.

According to http://rimworldgame.com/ it is.  Down in the lower-right it states:

Tier upgrades
Want to upgrade to a higher tier? Just PayPal the price difference to [email protected] and email our support pro Michael from your PayPal email with the transaction ID. I'll have you upgraded right quick!

Quote from: Ubivis on April 26, 2016, 07:42:22 AM

Quote from: milon on April 26, 2016, 01:36:45 PMIt shouldn't take more than a few days or a week (at a guess).  Try logging in with your forum credentials at the Creative Rewards link I posted. If it doesn't work, give it a few days and try again.

It takes more than a few days.  I've been waiting for a little over two weeks now and it is still 'awaiting review.'   :-\

Haplo

Awaiting review means that you've entered your name/story and it needs to be reviewed before entering the game. This will normally be done only once or twice before a new alpha comes out. Your character can only be in the game with the next release as it needs to be incorporated into the game files.

dgdobrev

Quote from: Haplo on April 28, 2016, 02:55:02 AM
Awaiting review means that you've entered your name/story and it needs to be reviewed before entering the game. This will normally be done only once or twice before a new alpha comes out. Your character can only be in the game with the next release as it needs to be incorporated into the game files.

That sort of ansers my question, but my name in game has been "awaiting review" since august 2015... Have I done something wrong? I have tried to save it again today, as I thought it might have not gone through. I really don't think that Dobri "Dobchan" Dobrev breaks any rules :)

bladeravinger

is there anyone i can message about this, i disagree with the decision you made.

Calahan

Quote from: bladeravinger on March 14, 2017, 05:22:01 AM
is there anyone i can message about this, i disagree with the decision you made.
We (as in the moderator's here) don't have any say or input (or anything) to do with the Creative Rewards, so I'm afraid we do not know the particulars of any decision that is made.

Tynan (the developer) deals with all the Creative Reward stuff himself, so I guess your best option is to send him an email [email protected] and (as clearly and concisely as you can) explain:-

1 - What your problem is.
2 - What decision was made.
3 - Why you disagreed with it.

bladeravinger

Quote from: Calahan on March 14, 2017, 06:02:43 AM
Quote from: bladeravinger on March 14, 2017, 05:22:01 AM
We (as in the moderator's here) don't have any say or input (or anything) to do with the Creative Rewards, so I'm afraid we do not know the particulars of any decision that is made.

Tynan (the developer) deals with all the Creative Reward stuff himself, so I guess your best option is to send him an email [email protected] and (as clearly and concisely as you can) explain:-

1 - What your problem is.
2 - What decision was made.
3 - Why you disagreed with it.

much helpfulness thanks

xiz

Yeah I bought the name in game feature a few weeks ago hoping it would be implemented into 1.7 but I'm very disappointed it wasn't. So now I need to wait for 1.8 for my name to be in the game?

milon

I think you mean Alpha 18, but yes, that's correct. Developer time is best spent developing the game, so all the pending Creative Rewards are gone over once per release cycle. I know it's frustrating now, and I apologize for that, but this is only a temporary set back - you'll have your character in the final product (and most certainly sooner than that).

rediniowa

I'm Curious on mt current Nickname for my character.

Nickname is "Nico" which is short for Nicholas, is this ok? I just wanted to be sure.

milon

Quote from: rediniowa on June 20, 2017, 01:21:50 PM
I'm Curious on mt current Nickname for my character.

Nickname is "Nico" which is short for Nicholas, is this ok? I just wanted to be sure.

I would assume so (as long as it's not already taken), but I don't make any official Ludeon decisions.  There's no pre-approval process, but if the name isn't accepted you can choose another.  Either way, you get to create a character.  And sometimes I've seen rejections be appealed, so even a first rejection isn't always absolute.