Pack Stockpile To Animals

Started by Vas, September 13, 2017, 11:12:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Vas

I didn't see a suggestion for this in a quick search, I did see some others that I commented on though.

I was playing with a mod that spawns an area of rich resources, and I sent along 35 muffalo to carry hay and other supplies with me to go mine the area of the map.  However I couldn't find a way to quickly load my caravan after.  I made a stockpile on that map and had 30+ piles of steel, several piles of plastel and gold, and I wanted to pack my animals...

However, it required me to right click each and every single item to do it, and I had to keep pausing over and over again and force this action repeatedly, which got old, real fast.  It made me want to stop using the caravan system all together.  Made worse by the fact that when the animals were getting close to full, I had to right click, pack all that stack, only to be told I have to select a portion of the stack, repeatedly for each animal, rather than it running a check to see if the stack can fit amongst all the available space on all the animals.

I think it would be a good idea to allow the player to right click the stockpile, and pack all to animals, rather than right clicking each item individually.  Calculating the space as it goes along till all the animals storage space is used up and the game emits a message in the top (same way it does with pregnant animals) "Caravan's animals are now full".

We'd also need a global storage button to check all the animals, rather than needing to click each one individually.  So I can find which one has useless items or items I'd rather drop in exchange for adding what I have left in my stockpile and remotely click drop from there rather than clicking every single animal to find it.
Click to see my steam. I'm a lazy modder who takes long breaks and everyone seems to hate.

skullywag

Just go to the world map and make another caravan.
Skullywag modded to death.
I'd never met an iterator I liked....until Zhentar saved me.
Why Unity5, WHY do you forsake me?

Vas

I didn't realize, because I had stayed inside the map while I was mining, and I thought the caravan was already made so I had to just walk to the green edges of the map to leave.  Didn't know I could just re-form it from the world map when I was done.
Click to see my steam. I'm a lazy modder who takes long breaks and everyone seems to hate.