There is little problem - Disc space overload

Started by Ephixa, September 24, 2017, 11:41:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ephixa

Hi there, first i need to tell. My English not good, sorry for this.

After we'll coming the problem,
I've played nearly 1 hour rimworld, saved and checked harddisk space. Its decreased ~6.5 gb. Im an steam user. What can i do? (Before i realised ~30gb of space gone)

Calahan

How many save game files do you have? The RimWorld game files only use ~200b of harddisk space (see attached screenshot), but if you have hundreds of save game files then it is possible for them to use several gigabytes of harddisk space. If you do have hundreds of save game files the obvious option to increase your harddisk space would be to delete some or most of them.

If you do not have hundreds of save game files then I do not think it is RimWorld that has decreased your harddisk space by 6.5gb to 30gb. If you want to check how much harddisk space RimWorld uses then (for Windows) right-click on the game's installation folder and select "Properties". (see attached screenshot).

Have you tried emptying your RecycleBin and running the Disk Clean-up option? (again this is for Windows).

[attachment deleted by admin: too old]

Ephixa

0 save games, i've removed everything about rimworld and reinstalled. Thats just happening after saving games.

I've checked nearly all of c partition. There is no evidence about lost disc space yesterday that error log given;
(sorry thats one of my dumping domains ^_^)
bendemarket.com/output_log.txt

Moderator's edit (Calahan) - I have zipped and attached the log file from the link.

[attachment deleted by admin: too old]

harpo99999

do you have any web browser toolbars or adware in the computer, if not sure then try anti-spy/ad/malware tools like superantispyware, piriform's cccleaner, malwarebyte's anti-malware and other cleaning tools.

Calahan

What problem(s) are you experiencing at the moment?

- If it is a lack of harddisk space then as I said previously I do not see how it is RimWorld that has used 6.5gb of your harddisk space (because you said you have 0 save games). You have a lot of mods, but I do not think they will have used 6.5gb either. If you still have a problem with harddisk space then I think you need to start looking at something else at being the cause.

- The log file you posted has a lot of errors in it. Are you having a problem loading your save game? From the errors in the log it looks like you either have some mod conflicts or your installation is corrupted. Please can you try starting a new vanilla game to check that your installation is working properly. If you can start a new vanilla game okay then the problem is with one or more of the mods your are using. (mod list taken from log file)

Loading game from file Autosave-1 with mods Core, PhiClient, Feed The Colonists, Extended Human Body Simulation v1.1.0, ModSwitch, HugsLib, Humanoid Alien Races 2.0, JecsTools, Miscellaneous 'CORE', [A17] Wehrmacht, Avoid Friendly Fire, Chemicals & Neutroamine, Androids, [A17]Kantai Collection Hair Styles (Female), VOHAIR, [SS]Lovely Hair Style, Misc. Bees'n'Honey, [A17] Trading Economy Mod 1.4 , Tilled Soil, GHXX Tech Advancing, Stack XXL, Color Coded Mood Bar, EdB Prepare Carefully, Expanded Prosthetics and Organ Engineering 2.0, Efficient Light, More Vanilla Turrets, QualityBuilder, Stack Merger, Hospitality, Colony Manager, Fences And Floors, Firestarter, Glitter Tech, Furnace, Medieval Times, More Furniture (A17), Blueprints, MiningCo. MiningHelmet, MiningCo. MMS, MiningCo. ForceField, MiningCo. MiningTurret, MiningCo. Alert speaker, Misc. MapGenerator, Misc. MapGen FactionBase, Misc. Weapon Repair, Misc. Objects, Prison Labor (Alpha), [RF] Fertile Fields [a17], [RF] Configurable Maps [a17], [A17]-LinkableDoors, Rimatomics, RimBank, RimSilo, [A17] Reinstallable Drill, Sparkling Worlds - Full Mod, Work Tab, Set-Up Camp, Research Scrollbars, Follow Me, Heat Map, Prisoner Harvesting, Barbed Wire, Tiberium Rim, Copy Allowed Area, Misc. Training, and Tiberium Rim Factions