game downloads

Started by Ra_silk, September 12, 2017, 10:40:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ra_silk

so i bought the game on steam but i wanted to know if there was anyway i can download the game from Ludeon, like maybe a way to link my steam and Ludeon accounts?

i know you can get the steam after buying the version from ludeon but i can't find something the other way around.

BlackSmokeDMax

Quote from: Ra_silk on September 12, 2017, 10:40:31 AM
so i bought the game on steam but i wanted to know if there was anyway i can download the game from Ludeon, like maybe a way to link my steam and Ludeon accounts?

i know you can get the steam after buying the version from ludeon but i can't find something the other way around.

Nope. Only works the other way as you mentioned.

Ra_silk

That's very annoying then.

Bozobub

Ludeon gets significantly less for the Steam version.  It's annoying — I only have the Steam version, as well; I feel your pain — but it also makes perfect sense.
Thanks, belgord!

Ra_silk

all i want is to be able to play it without having to download steam. i just want my RW fix.

Canute

Too late, you allready sold your soul to the steam-devil ! :-))
Next time you want buy a game, visit their website first before you look at steam.

maculator

Its annoying that they only accept credit card. Normaly I buy games DRM free where ever I can, but no pay pal rally stopped me.

Calahan

Quote from: maculator on September 12, 2017, 02:32:57 PM
Its annoying that they only accept credit card. Normaly I buy games DRM free where ever I can, but no pay pal rally stopped me.
There is a PayPal option, or at least there is a PayPal option displaying on my screen (see attached screenshot).

I don't know if you encountered a hurdle somewhere down the line when trying to purchase with PayPal, such as a regional/country restriction (or other such issue). Although if there is something that stopped you purchasing the game via PayPal then I'm sure Tynan would like to know about it (so that he can try and sort it out with whoever in order to prevent it happening again).

[attachment deleted by admin: too old]

maculator

Thats interresting. Damn. Never mind steam is good too *cough*
You just need to: save your mods someplace steam wont reach them, pray there is not an update that kicks you out of the version in wich everything works (not rimworld but steam games in general), deal with the mess they call workshop and to be forced to be online for installation.
Besides that steam is a great thing.
Also regarding the workshop: I "love" the fact that everyone thinks their low effort retexture of thing X is a mod worth publishing.
Oh and mostly no moderation, thats a neat thing too...

HexCube

Just so yous all know, steam version runs without steam, if you run the executable direct from the game folders. (Last time I checked anyway) That means you can move the game folder somewhere else and not have to recieve forced updates, plus, you can install mods from the forum. Good luck!