HELP, need to lower animal spawn somehow.

Started by maculator, September 13, 2017, 06:36:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

maculator

Okay I played with "Configurable Maps" and had good fun with increased animal spawn, but now it gotten out of hand :S
They're everywhere!

--> Is there a way to edit my savegame to limit the animal spawn on my map somehow?

Yoshida Keiji

Click on animal Health tab, select Operation, add bill Castrate.

Trblz42

Get the mod called Colony Manager (https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=715565262)

It will give you the ability to cap the animals by gender (M/F) and by age (adult/child).
Don't panic and carry a towel

maculator

The problem is not them reproducing. Its just that whenever I kill one it seem like 3 new of them enter the map.
Its increased spawn.

CannibarRechter

Looking through a save game, I can't find any animal/plant density there. This is a good sign, because it would appear that it is loaded into the game at runtime. You may want to poke around the definition files of your mod, because I infer it must be doing something. You can also double check what I'm saying about your savegame by finding yours (it's in $USER\AppData\LocalLow\Ludeon Studios\Rimworld\Saves), and seeing if the mod is storing some data there. If it is, then you can edit your savegame.
CR All Mods and Tools Download Link
CR Total Texture Overhaul : Gives RimWorld a Natural Feel
CR Moddable: make RimWorld more moddable.
CR CompFX: display dynamic effects over RimWorld objects

maculator

1. My colony died anyways :)
2. Removing Configurable Maps fixed it (Didn't matter anymore because of 1....)
But for anybody that made the same misstake out of curiosity: You don't actually need configurable maps after you generated your map and removing it seems to revert the spawns to normal values.

tonsrd

desert maps have less spawns. I use them coz my comp is old

maculator

Quote from: tonsrd on September 15, 2017, 07:50:08 AM
desert maps have less spawns. I use them coz my comp is old

Problem fixed, might aswell go offtopic:

https://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=32192.msg329375#msg329375
This enables you to change the spawn of animals/plants so you could play in the jungle with verry low spawn. If you don't want to play desert maps 24/7 :D