[A17] [WIP] [Testing Release] TMagic - Magic for RimWorld

Started by Torann, September 29, 2017, 07:16:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lykia

Looks cool mod gonna try it outta soon as possible but I wonder is there going to be a Mage with full support for ex. Healing,shield, increase speed or buffing attacks for your colonist?

Torann

Quote from: Lykia on October 17, 2017, 06:59:24 AM
Looks cool mod gonna try it outta soon as possible but I wonder is there going to be a Mage with full support for ex. Healing,shield, increase speed or buffing attacks for your colonist?

Paladin class is what you're looking, one of the two classes I'm still implementing: paladin class will have healing, shield, valiant charge (self) and overwhelm (might also be called "smite") with hidden skill tbd.

Lykia

Quote from: Torann on October 17, 2017, 10:48:53 AM
Quote from: Lykia on October 17, 2017, 06:59:24 AM

Paladin class is what you're looking, one of the two classes I'm still implementing: paladin class will have healing, shield, valiant charge (self) and overwhelm (might also be called "smite") with hidden skill tbd.
Than I dont have anything to ask (for now  :) ) and tried the mode either its fun to play keep on a good work

DrMrEd

Is the only thing holding up the Summon Elementals component the need for art? If so, I'd be happy to take a stab at a couple concepts. I created a beautiful piece of furniture last week and want to apply what I've learned there somewhere useful. Most of my mod concepts will never see the light of day, so would be happy to help with a project like this that has real potential!

TA1980

Dear Torann,

it seems you have to rework your spells since JecsTools has updated.

Regards

Torann

Quote from: TA1980 on October 19, 2017, 01:30:22 PM
Dear Torann,

it seems you have to rework your spells since JecsTools has updated.

Regards

Yes, yes it did. 

I'll try to get around to this soon but it probably won't be until this weekend sometime.

Torann

Quote from: DrMrEd on October 19, 2017, 09:50:04 AM
Is the only thing holding up the Summon Elementals component the need for art? If so, I'd be happy to take a stab at a couple concepts. I created a beautiful piece of furniture last week and want to apply what I've learned there somewhere useful. Most of my mod concepts will never see the light of day, so would be happy to help with a project like this that has real potential!

The elemental, and other things.  I realized that everything I wanted the summoner to do ( summoning magic defense pylons, psychic grenades, fire elemental's, etc ) really needed a unique graphic to maintain the "magical" feel of the abilities.  So if you're interested in having your art in TMagic, I'd love to include it.  I'm no artist... I mean, have you seen my teleporter? ;)

DrMrEd

I spent an hour on an idea this morning. This concept is just adapted from existing work (haven't reached out for permission yet), but captures the general idea of what I was thinking.

There are a few options in that each element could have it's own style, maybe integrating one of your existing type icons on its chest or something - this would allows some fancy coloring too. Or they could be drawn like the vanilla bears with a color applied for each different type (that's what I've started here for fire and ice, but not thrilled at the blue shade choice).

It's tough to screen cap as they wander around, but I've attached one with a Muffulo there for reference. The horn should not be colored, but before I spend a bunch of time on this, figured I'd see if this basic idea is OK. Any feedback? I can take it if it's negative too -- I'm no artist either, just someone with a bit of patience and some ideas ;)

[attachment deleted by admin: too old]

Torann

Hired!

Honestly, I think it looks pretty darn good.  I'm open to whatever direction you want to take it too.  If I did it, it would look a lot like a hulk pawn... that was blue, so you're well above the bar IMO.
This is definitely something that would help make the summoner class a great addition.

Torann

Mod updated for compatibility with the latest JecsTools.
Also introduces the Paladin class, see main post for details.

Torann

Also, for the bug where multiple "Magic" tabs show up per pawn, this seems to be a result of a conflict with the "Psychology" mod.  Have not been able to find a fix or workaround for it yet.

Rainyface

Haven't played that much with it yet but one thing I noticed is that at 3/3, Fireball Efficiency reduces mana cost from 30 to 21 points (which if my head math isn't terrible is by 30%), while the tooltip suggests it should be either 15% total (to 25.5) or 15% per rank for a total of 45% (to 16.5).

Otherwise, Firebolt seems to do what it's supposed to so far. I was not expecting Fireclaw to make such a spectacle, that's a neat spell you've made. :D

Edit: Found a couple more things since last.

- "Efficiency" is pretty consistently spelled "effeciency"
- Had some strange things when loading up a saved colony. A couple of time my mage types ended up having a dozen or so magic points to spend that came out of nowhere.
- The Firebolt spell point investments don't seem to save properly between saves and loads; when I reload the save the points spent in that spell disappear entirely.

Torann

Just posted latest patch to moddb.  Full patch notes there but it fixes several bugs, the major one being a bug where initial level (level 0) abilities were being displayed on top of higher level abilities if those higher level abilities were on cooldown.  This made it appear as if spells timers weren't working properly (or that pawns were losing their spell upgrades).
Also updates and enhances the display for many of the ability tooltips and skills to provide more details on what each skill or ability does as well as the improvements for each level.

Includes spelling update for efficiency   ;)
Also fixes the bug where firebolt wasn't being saved properly.  Thanks for the notes, Rainyface.

The update also includes some admin tools under the "Magic" Tab when development mode and god mode are turned on that will allow you to fix these bugs in an existing game.  Just follow the instructions on moddb.

Torann

The conversion for this mod to B18 is ready to go, and includes the final set of major features I wanted to implement.

So, I'm happy to announce that I'm moving this mod to the "released" section, and I'll be locking this thread. 

Many thanks to everyone who helped test the mod, and provided feedback!