[1.0] [KV] Change Dresser (AlienRaces now supported) [ModSync]

Started by Kiame, September 15, 2017, 02:13:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kiame

-Fixed an issue with hair scaling when changing the pawn's head size
-Added basic support for AlienRaces! Can modify skin and hair color

Kiame

-Fixed a few bugs handling deleted outfits
-Cleaned up the alien races screens and added support for changing body attributes and hair styles.

Currently testing for the next release:
-Remove the need to select which dressers to use
-When apparel is automatically removed from a dresser due to filter changes, the items will first try to go to other dressers before they are dropped on the floor. (restricted to dressers with Priorities higher than 'low')

Djohaal

In my game I encountered an issue with the version before sep 28th where the pawns would drop all clothing and naked whenever toggled to and from draft. Weirdly enough the button to chose outfit would only appear while drafted, while there was no extra GUI button while undrafted. I managed to sucessfully solve the issue by disabling the mod, going to try re-enabling the new version later.

Kiame

Sounds like a case where the dresser/s marked as usable have filters which disallow the apparel being removed from the pawn.

I will be pushing a new version shortly which will make the entire interface easier to use - you will no longer need to select the dressers to use as the mod will use any dressers which have been made.

Basically how it will work:
When a pawn is drafted they will remove all their cloths. The apparel will then try to be placed into any change dressers which have been made starting with those marked Critical, then Important, etc. If the dresser's filters allow for the apparel in question the apparel will be stored in that dresser. If the apparel finds no matching dresser that can store it, it will be dropped on the ground.
Once the apparel is stored/dropped the pawn then dresses themselves from the all the dressers on the map starting with the highest priority dresser down.

Kiame

Update:
-There is no longer a checkbox for 'Use Apparel from this Dresser'. Instead all dressers built will be used for storing/removing items when changing outfits.

How it works:
When a pawn is drafted they will remove all their cloths. The apparel will then try to be placed into any change dressers which have been made starting with those marked Critical, then Important, etc. If the dresser's filters allow for the apparel in question the apparel will be stored in that dresser. If the apparel finds no matching dresser that can store it, it will be dropped on the ground.
Once the apparel is stored/dropped the pawn then dresses themselves from the all the dressers on the map starting with the highest priority dresser down.

-When items are removed from a dresser due to the dresser's filters being changed they will no longer automatically drop to the floor. Instead the apparel will go through the same steps as listed above to be placed in other dressers. If no dresser is found that can hold the apparel, the apparel will be put on the floor like before.

Updated both direct download and steam.

Kiame

Update:
-Fixed an issue where apparel could end up on top of the dresser and prevent any further interaction with it.

Kiame

Update:
-Fixed an issue where items on top of the dresser will stop it from working. The fix is to have the dresser occasionally check to see if anything is on top of it, if there is the item will be moved one space to the right.
-Fixed an issue where pawns would go to the dresser looking for better cloths after switching from one set of cloths to another.
-Fixed an issue where Assigned Outfits header was not scrolling (i want to revisit this as I'd like the header to stay at the top but scroll with the body of the table)

Kiame

Update:
-Fixing an issue introduced from the last update that caused pawns to appear naked when they reached a destination from the world map.

Sorry for any trouble this caused anyone!

Kiame

i've found a bug that i'm digging into when i have time.

If there is more than one dresser and one dresser has filters for the hit points/quality of the items the game can run into an issue where it will not allow any apparel to be stored anywhere.

Work around: Make sure dresser filters accept all apparel HP and Quality ranges.

SpaceDorf

Kiame, Thank you for releasing just before I started a new game  ;D
Maxim 1   : Pillage, then burn
Maxim 37 : There is no overkill. There is only open fire and reload.
Rule 34 of Rimworld :There is a mod for that.

Kiame

SpaceDorf

As soon I get this bit** of a modlist running  ;D

i've been at it for a week now
Maxim 1   : Pillage, then burn
Maxim 37 : There is no overkill. There is only open fire and reload.
Rule 34 of Rimworld :There is a mod for that.

Kiame

Woohoo figured out how to make items sell-able at least for orbital traders while i was updating this for A18! I'll look into getting it to work for land-based traders.

This functionality will be included with the A18 version.

I will not be pushing an A18 version until a stable version of A18 is released. When I do push the A18 version i will update the title to "[A18] Change Dresser". For anyone wanting the A17 version it will be available from the Release tab in GitHub.

Kiame

sophiasong

Bug:

Deleted "use in battle" outfits remain on the drafted pawn toolbar.

Steps to reproduce:

-Create an outfit.
-On the "Assign Outfits" menu (from clicking the button on the dresser toolbar), check the "use in battle" option for this outfit.
-Assign this outfit to a pawn.
-Draft the pawn to verify that the outfit button appears on the toolbar. (unsure if it matters if you undraft the pawn at this point)
-Delete the outfit from the (vanilla) outfit manager menu.
-Draft the pawn again. The button for the deleted outfit remains.
-Check the "Assign Outfits" menu. There will be no option to change settings for the deleted outfit. Creating another outfit by the same name does not help in this case, as it is instanced as a separate outfit.

Not a huge issue, at least in my case, but I could see it becoming a clutter issue if I started doing a lot of outfit overhauls