[1.0] [KV] Change Dresser (AlienRaces now supported) [ModSync]

Started by Kiame, September 15, 2017, 02:13:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kiame

Quote from: sophiasong on October 31, 2017, 04:22:55 PM
Bug:

Deleted "use in battle" outfits remain on the drafted pawn toolbar.

Steps to reproduce:

-Create an outfit.
-On the "Assign Outfits" menu (from clicking the button on the dresser toolbar), check the "use in battle" option for this outfit.
-Assign this outfit to a pawn.
-Draft the pawn to verify that the outfit button appears on the toolbar. (unsure if it matters if you undraft the pawn at this point)
-Delete the outfit from the (vanilla) outfit manager menu.
-Draft the pawn again. The button for the deleted outfit remains.
-Check the "Assign Outfits" menu. There will be no option to change settings for the deleted outfit. Creating another outfit by the same name does not help in this case, as it is instanced as a separate outfit.

Not a huge issue, at least in my case, but I could see it becoming a clutter issue if I started doing a lot of outfit overhauls

Awesome bug report, thank you for putting so much information in here. I will take a look tonight.

sophiasong

Np. This is a real lifesaver mod that imo will (or, at least, really should) end up as a feature in the game itself. Or, rather, some variant where pawns have to run to pick up the right clothes rather than changing instantly, or would have to keep alternate outfits in their inventory.

Kiame

I could see keeping an outfit as an alternative but IMO this is a bit much for a vanilla feature as i view this as turning pawns into magic-girls (borrowing the Japanese anime/manga term there)  ;D

Fix is in for the issue of deleted battle outfits persisting. Both direct download and steam are updated.

Direct download link: https://github.com/KiameV/rimworld-changedresser/releases/download/A18/ChangeDresser.zip

Kiame

Update - A18 only:
-Got Alien Hair Style and Color working again
-Fixed Change Mirror so it is visible again (was being rendered inside the wall)
-Added an option when an alien pawn is getting assigned a job on either a change dresser or mirror to Change Alien Body Color

Steam and direct download updated

Kiame

Fixed for the latest A18 unstable build. Steam and direct download updated.

pinguin42

The direct download link for A17 gives me a "404 page not found". Looking at the link itself, that points to the 25th of October release, which says it is for A18? Can I use that with A17 or should I get the version released on September 15th?

Kiame

Sorry about that. The link is: A17

First post has been updated

whitebunny

Kiame

A18 has been updated. It seems like xpath/patching is having issues. Going to report it.

Nightinggale

Copy paste from Two outfits per pawn suggestion thread. I like this idea and would like to see it in the mod. Alternatively make different outfits trigger on outdoor temperature. Perhaps there is a point to the indoor/outdoor part too, allowing moving around freely indoor in heated buildings without being restricted by heavy winter cloth.
Quote from: idgarad on November 13, 2017, 03:58:28 PM
Actually we need outfits to have triggers adn claimed clothing stored in containers or shelves. That way you can have a set for cold snap, heatwave, ranged combat, and melee combat and have the pawns automatically switch between those sets AND retain their clothes in their own rooms.
ModCheck - boost your patch loading times and include patchmods in your main mod.

Kiame

Quote from: Nightinggale on November 13, 2017, 04:11:12 PM
Copy paste from Two outfits per pawn suggestion thread. I like this idea and would like to see it in the mod. Alternatively make different outfits trigger on outdoor temperature. Perhaps there is a point to the indoor/outdoor part too, allowing moving around freely indoor in heated buildings without being restricted by heavy winter cloth.
Quote from: idgarad on November 13, 2017, 03:58:28 PM
Actually we need outfits to have triggers adn claimed clothing stored in containers or shelves. That way you can have a set for cold snap, heatwave, ranged combat, and melee combat and have the pawns automatically switch between those sets AND retain their clothes in their own rooms.

With the switch over to using outfits as the means to assign clothing, I've tried to move away from the idea of linking individual apparel to pawns - I have added the ability to keep 'forced' apparel though (as an option defaulted to off).

I'm curious of the benefits of linking specific apparel to specific pawns - at least for me and how i play there's little benefit so i would like to know how others play!

My normal means of play: I have an outfit Worker (toggle Poncho when it gets cold) and two combat outfits (melee and ranged) -- i've made apparel that adds benefits to melee and detriments to ranged and vise versa. The apparel will get routinely recycled as I toggle between combat. The only benefits I can see to linking apparel is I might put the best (Superior/Legendary/Master Crafted) armor on the best fighters.

Kiame

Created a patch for Mending which will allow pawns to remove apparel from ChangeDressers for mending:
https://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=36832.msg377305#msg377305

This is only for A17. Once Mending is update to A18 I will create a patch for that.

Kiame

A18 update:
Added an attachment for Change Dressers: Mending Attachment.

Mending Attachment
-Size: 1x1
-Cost 250 steal + 6 components + 20 wood/stone/steel
-Energy: 10 W (not in use) or 300 W (in use)
-Place next to a Change Dresser to have apparel automatically mended/repaired
-Research Required: Mending & Multi-Analyzer
-Mending Mod not required (highly recommended though once it's updated to A18)

For more details see the Mending Attachment section in the mod's description

Steam and direct download updated

Feedback will be helpful whether the mending speed is too slow/fast and/or if the power requirements are too low/high

Diana Winters

I am having a problem where pawns are trying to grab apparel not in their outfit restriction that they just put in a changer dresser. This causes them to stand at the dresser to take out and put in said apparel.

Set your pawn's outfit restriction to a percentage above their damaged apparel (let's say it's a shirt at 40% and you have them set to only wear above 51%) and set your dresser to only contain damaged apparel (as to have them repaired by the mending attachment)

Kiame