[1.0] [KV] Change Dresser (AlienRaces now supported) [ModSync]

Started by Kiame, September 15, 2017, 02:13:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kiame

I'm actually having a problem where the pawns are ignoring the HP of items even when their outfits explicitly say HP above a certain percent. I'm going to dig more into the vanilla code on apparel selection.

I'm beginning to think the when an apparel is being repaired it's removed from the dresser so pawns cannot take them.

I like this direction a little better too as if the user has multiple mending attachments, more than one apparel can be repaired at a time.

Diana Winters

I'll also note that this system does not like drop pods :x

Edit: another bug; items in drawers can be duped when you draft pawns (this is particularly useful for power armor :p)

Kiame

(A18) Update to Mending Attachment
-Now requires 1000 W energy when it's mending - this is still up in the air, feedback is welcome!
-Mending Attachments no longer have to be touching a Change Dresser, they can be up to 6 squares away now
-Mending Attachments now take the apparel that's being mended. This means pawns will not be able to use the apparel. Also if there are multiple Mending Attachments they can be working on multiple different apparel (1 apparel per attachment)

Thanks for the bug reports Diana. Looks like there's a bug with orbital traders and the 'hack' i have to get apparel in the dressers to appear in the trade window. Looking into that now

Kiame

(A18) Update:
-Fixed a bug when trading (apparel was getting duplicated)
-Added the ability to trade with apparel with caravan traders
-Added a 'Collect" button which will collect the apparel on the floor around a ChangeDresser (will pick up apparel dropped from 'Empty')

This will hopefully solve the issues you were having Diana

Note: For launch pods apparel in Change Dressers will not show up. I've yet to find a clean way to handle this. If there is apparel you want included, click on the dresser and choose "Empty". Load up the pod/s. Click on the dresser and select "Collect" to pick up the dropped apparel.

Outfit swaps will go across different maps so for the most part hauling apparel will not be a common occurrence. I can think of selling old/bad apparel as being to main reason.

Kiame

(A17) Update:
Fixed a bug with orbital trading which would cause the dresser from working
-- This is some of the stuff I fixed in A18 yesterday

Kiame

(A18) Update:

Fixing a bug where if a pawn is assigned an outfit and is wearing that outfit when they are either drafted or undrafted, then unassigned that outfit, they would try to use that outfit when undrafted/drafted.

Kiame

Looks like i broke custom apparel colors persisting between pawns changing apparel. Working on that plus other tweaks which will not be noticed ;)

Kiame

Fixed custom apparel colors not persisting
Fixed an issue where outfits with hp/quality parameters were causing pawns to constantly change apparel

Steam and direct download updated

Kiame

Update:
Fixed an issue where a pawn with only non-combat outfits, had switched between the outfits, would switch between the outfits if they were drafted/undrafted.

bigheadzach

The direct download link still points at the Oct 25 release. Wouldn't people need to go here instead to get the latest version until you tag a release?

Kiame

The master branch does not include any binaries (ie the compiled dll files) thus it will not work in game.

Git is not meant to and really should never hold binary files since it cannot perform meaningful diffs on those files (i am breaking this rule a bit by including harmony0.dll  :o ). Git should not contain the compiled code in any form as that's the reason for the repository to begin with. For managing binary files tools like Artifactory should be used or less robust options like github releases or steam

I'm updating the A18 release's ChangeDresser.zip file which was originally posted on Oct 25th so the direct download link is correct

frenchiveruti

You really need to start versioning the zip files you attach to releases or be better with the git tags, because I can't know if the file that's there is updated or not.

Kiame

I understand your frustration. As it stands there's no good way to automate versioning and compilation. If the game could read and print the dll's version number that'd make this much easier. As it stands it's a manual process and I just don't want to keep track of that with the other 16 or so mods I have. it's a lot of extra work to keep tabs on both steam and direct downloads, keeping links straight and all that. To that end I've resorted to only having one release per game version - thus B18 in github is where all zips for this version will go

I'd really prefer this game to have a way to manage which mods have updates which would flag which mods have updates available as opposed to steam's forced updating. Heck even a central place to put these mods so modders wouldn't have to go to multiple places each time they fix something...

Sorry this turned into a whine fest

Nightinggale

Quote from: Kiame on November 29, 2017, 11:15:13 PMIf the game could read and print the dll's version number that'd make this much easier.
ModCheck can read targetVersion and writing a number already in the code is an easy addition. If you are talking about [assembly: AssemblyVersion("1.0.0.0")] inside the actual DLL, then that would most likely be doable, though it would require more work. What precisely do you want?

Quote from: Kiame on November 29, 2017, 11:15:13 PMSorry this turned into a whine fest
You should whine with the rest of us about the loss of ModSync Ninja  :'(
ModCheck - boost your patch loading times and include patchmods in your main mod.