[1.0] [KV] Change Dresser (AlienRaces now supported) [ModSync]

Started by Kiame, September 15, 2017, 02:13:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

UMK

Hello, is it possible to make names of colonists and outfits visible while scrolling outfits manager? Currently it is very inconvenient.

Kiame

What a table of checks and x's with no references is hard to use!?

;D

Yeah i'll take a look at making that better

UMK

Also, mod really screws up caravans. During hostile encounters they become drafted and swap their gear with the one stored in dresser at base. But once they are undrafted, they swap to whatever I could not even figure out what it is, mostly naked. Had an unfortunate experience of them doing so the middle of an ice sheet during winter.

Kiame

The dressers in the base, are they able to receive what the pawns were wearing when they exited the world map and entered the encounter?

Kiame

Update:
-Fixing an issue where pawns could sometimes be naked when entering an encounter from the world map

frenchiveruti

Quote from: Kiame on January 03, 2018, 04:45:32 PM
Update:
-Fixing an issue where pawns could sometimes be naked when entering an encounter from the world map
Yeah, this happens all the time when I have a colonist with some forced apparel and they seem to just go bonkers and forget everything else.

Harry_Dicks

Is the assemblies folder not needed for this mod anymore? I had this mod a little over a week ago and it was working okay, but then as I was updating all of my mods, I downloaded the master version from github, and I was getting tons of errors no matter where I put it in my mod list. However, I started looking at my backup version that worked last time, and there is an Assemblies folder in there, but not from the master branch in github. I'm gonna try to re-enable it with my older version, it just sucks though because RimWorld takes about 6 or 7 minutes to restart for me now each time, so it can be quite time consuming doing lots of restarts trying to track down what's wrong! I will report back my findings ;)

EDIT: on the github releases page for this, it says the last release was October 25th. Can the release be updated, without changing the release date? Should I not ever be using the master branch? I'm feeling kinda dumb at the moment... -_-

Kiame

do not use master as that only contains the code. use the direct download link in the first post

fyi the release's date is when it was first posted, not the last time it was updated

Canute

QuoteEDIT: on the github releases page for this, it says the last release was October 25th. Can the release be updated, without changing the release date? Should I not ever be using the master branch? I'm feeling kinda dumb at the moment... -_-
That isn't your problem.
Kiame is using Github like it should be. All source codes into the master, and finished compiled stuff at the release zip.
But serveral other modder keep the finished compilied stuff (assemblies) at the master too and are too lazy to create an archive.

You just need to look, if the master contain Assemblies, you can download and use the master.
If the master just contain Source, you should look for a release archive.
No source and no assemblies, then it is just a XML mod, and the master should works fine too.

Harry_Dicks

Quote from: Canute on January 05, 2018, 12:39:51 PM
QuoteEDIT: on the github releases page for this, it says the last release was October 25th. Can the release be updated, without changing the release date? Should I not ever be using the master branch? I'm feeling kinda dumb at the moment... -_-
That isn't your problem.
Kiame is using Github like it should be. All source codes into the master, and finished compiled stuff at the release zip.
But serveral other modder keep the finished compilied stuff (assemblies) at the master too and are too lazy to create an archive.

You just need to look, if the master contain Assemblies, you can download and use the master.
If the master just contain Source, you should look for a release archive.
No source and no assemblies, then it is just a XML mod, and the master should works fine too.

C'mon man, if you read my post I'm checking both the master and releases page. My question pertained to the assemblies folder and if releases could be updated without changing the posting date, not whether or not Kiame is using github correctly.

The whole reason I was trying the master branch is because he's made many updates to the mod since October 25th, the date of the most recent release.

Quote from: Kiame on January 05, 2018, 12:21:53 PM
do not use master as that only contains the code. use the direct download link in the first post

fyi the release's date is when it was first posted, not the last time it was updated

Thank you Kiame, that was the answer I was looking for! ;D

Harry_Dicks

Hi Kiame, another silly question for you. Do you think it would ever be possible to have scheduled outfit changes? I ask because say I have "classes" for children, and I want them to wear school uniform during certain times of the day. Same with workers, have their construction vests and hard hats on during work day. But then when evening hits, they change into their cultist robes for eating and then a sermon. You could override it with drafting, I suppose.

Kiame

I can brainstorm about how scheduled outfit changes could work

boogada77

The mod is great for the storage and character appearance change, however I wish the uniform changing part was optional.  Especially since it seems a bit buggy at the moment, or at least I just can't get it to work right.

Kiame

Outfit changes are optional. Just don't assign outfits

What parts are not working for you or buggy? I'm not aware of anything that's not working atm

boogada77

It was clearing forced items, and making my caravans members naked during random encounters like someone posted earlier.  Happily, it seems to have stopped while playing last night, but I honestly don't know what has changed to stop it from happening.  Wish I had something useful to share with you as to how or why this was happening for me.