[1.0] [KV] Change Dresser (AlienRaces now supported) [ModSync]

Started by Kiame, September 15, 2017, 02:13:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

cjstorrs

Is there any way you could make the empty button place all items in only one spot? i like having mine up against a wall and it's frustrating that the items get dropped on a wall. P.S. i luv ALL your mods

Harry_Dicks

Quote from: cjstorrs on February 11, 2018, 12:03:45 AM
Is there any way you could make the empty button place all items in only one spot? i like having mine up against a wall and it's frustrating that the items get dropped on a wall. P.S. i luv ALL your mods

This might be achievable by the mod author, however in the mean time you can also have apparel stack with the mod StacksXXL. I'm not sure if it would allow different apparel stacking, though.

Kiame

Update:
Apparel will no longer be dropped into walls and will drop in a single pile when the dresser is emptied.

cjstorrs

Hey Kiame,

I was just wondering if it would ever be possible to make it so that a dresser can be assigned to a colonist and only that colonist can pull their outfits from that particular dresser. I just think it would be really cool for immersion. Plus it would help since I use a mod that adds random stat modifiers to items and I want my colonists to stick to their certain items :P

It's no big deal if it's too much work. I love the mod as it is.

Kiame

this mod originally was assigning apparel to specific pawns. As it evolved it seemed better to have it tied to outfits instead. Ive tried to add the custom assigned apparel though it's not trivial. When i get back to modding this i'll probably have another go

Ruisuki

Same question I asked on your weapon storage mod but is there a limit to how many items a locker can hold? I like building armories and having multiple pieces of storage. Unfortunately the weapon racks have a 2 item limit so id like something in between 2 and unlimited lol

Quote from: cjstorrs on February 13, 2018, 05:54:15 PM
Hey Kiame,

I was just wondering if it would ever be possible to make it so that a dresser can be assigned to a colonist and only that colonist can pull their outfits from that particular dresser. I just think it would be really cool for immersion. Plus it would help since I use a mod that adds random stat modifiers to items and I want my colonists to stick to their certain items :P

It's no big deal if it's too much work. I love the mod as it is.

oooooo i like this. Thats where i was trying to go with my question, I want to build multiple containers to really personalize each characters gear but also solidify my armory room as the place to go to once the red alert triggers indicating a raid.

What mod are you referring to that gives modifiers btw?

Harry_Dicks

Infusion mod. Be warned that some infusions are quite powerful, but an item's value will NOT be affected by it's infusion, whether it's godly or not.

Harry_Dicks

Kiame, have you had any experience with Change Dresser and http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1216453549 ?

I am curious if the "appearance" you have on a pawn is tied to the outfit they are wearing, or if it stays the same regardless of whatever outfit you change them into? Anyway, I was wondering if you had ever tried it out with your mod, and if you had, did you have any comments about it? Thanks! :)

Kiame

Nope didnt even know about that mod. I did sub so when i get back to rimworld i can explore it further

Harry_Dicks

Quote from: Kiame on March 01, 2018, 01:11:36 PM
Nope didnt even know about that mod. I did sub so when i get back to rimworld i can explore it further

I just found out about all of this author's mods too. I highly recommend everyone checking them out, holy crap these look AMAZING!!!!! http://steamcommunity.com/id/TammyBee/myworkshopfiles/?appid=294100

Ruisuki

How do you disable colonists from taking clothes inside the dresser? Does force clothing work? Because Ive been using it but still catch these guys going to the dresser over and over again. Im only using it for holding masterwork+ quality clothes for mending purposes.

Canute

Maybe adjust the clothing policy that they only use 100% appareal.
Then the pieces stay at the dresser until repaired.

Ruisuki

Quote from: Canute on March 26, 2018, 07:10:28 AM
Maybe adjust the clothing policy that they only use 100% appareal.
Then the pieces stay at the dresser until repaired.
Doesnt that make colonists automatically take off their clothes when slightly damaged though? I remember trying to get this sorted ages ago and it kept happening to me so I havent touched policies since.