Water Monsters

Started by HsaS, September 15, 2017, 05:29:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

HsaS

Okay we've got mechanoids, insects and humans but it just feels like there is something lacking.

Perhaps some event where some creatures come out of deep water (so that each biome has a chance)

"Water Creatures have swam up to the surface in search of human flesh!"

Much like tribal attackers the water creatures will first render your colonist/prisoner/raider/trader unconscious then they will drag them down into the water where they will be munched on.

This could be an event for maybe in the early part of the game where  your colony is up and running.

Thoughts?

khun_poo

New trait : Allergic to seafood

...just kidding  :P

Swat_Raptor

I like the idea of Penguins, Seals, crocodiles, and maybe land Sharks (another genetic experiment gone wrong).

have them retreat to the water after a while or to sleep, and disappear from the map and pop back in after some time.

have manhunter packs come from the water.

Have crocodiles hide in water and pop out of water and marsh tile and stun and attack their targets. You now have to be much more cautious around water.

giannikampa

very nice idea,
maybe standard predators too: they have an anphibius allowed moving and some water tied ai, like disappear on deep water instead of reaching map edge when they want to leave
And as always.. sorry for my bad english

Yoshida Keiji

Screw the Thrumbo, Godzilla rules!

Penguinmanereikel

But then there would simply be less incentive to settle on a tile with water. There should be an advantage before a disadvantage to living near water.

PatrykSzczescie

It's told that new races won't be implemented, so I doubt it'll be added.