No product recipes

Started by PreDiabetic, September 15, 2017, 02:25:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PreDiabetic

Hi, I want to make a recipe that doesn't require an ingredient and yields nothing. Just make pawn spend some time. (can't add work types because some pawns maybe can't mine/craft/etc) But it seems I cannot do that. I'm not a good modder, no idea about lots of things. Is this possible? Here is the example I use.

<RecipeDefs>
        <RecipeDef>
      <defName>SpendTime</defName>
      <label>spend time</label>
      <description>Pawns sit and waste time.</description>
      <jobString>Spending Time_Time.</jobString>
      <workAmount>2500</workAmount>
      <workSkillLearnFactor>0</workSkillLearnFactor>
      <recipeUsers>
         <li>BetaBox</li>
      </recipeUsers>
   </RecipeDef>

</RecipeDefs>

CannibarRechter

You've removed quite a few things from the Def; for one, you removed the workSkill. I'm not even sure if the game would accept that. Usually this type of modding surgery requires one to read C# and see how it might react. If you are getting errors, it is a sign.
CR All Mods and Tools Download Link
CR Total Texture Overhaul : Gives RimWorld a Natural Feel
CR Moddable: make RimWorld more moddable.
CR CompFX: display dynamic effects over RimWorld objects

dburgdorf

Quote from: damngrl on September 15, 2017, 02:25:42 PMHi, I want to make a recipe that doesn't require an ingredient and yields nothing. Just make pawn spend some time.

Instead of trying to warp the recipe system to do something it wasn't designed to do, why not just create a "wasting time" joy activity that requires pawns to "use" the BetaBox item?
- Rainbeau Flambe (aka Darryl Burgdorf) -
Old. Short. Grumpy. Bearded. "Yeah, I'm a dorf."

Buy me a Dr Pepper?

PreDiabetic

Quote from: dburgdorf on September 15, 2017, 11:27:12 PM
Quote from: damngrl on September 15, 2017, 02:25:42 PMHi, I want to make a recipe that doesn't require an ingredient and yields nothing. Just make pawn spend some time.

Instead of trying to warp the recipe system to do something it wasn't designed to do, why not just create a "wasting time" joy activity that requires pawns to "use" the BetaBox item?

Because I want to force them to do this because you can't force joy activity for my knowledge.

dburgdorf

Quote from: damngrl on September 16, 2017, 04:57:01 AMBecause I want to force them to do this because you can't force joy activity for my knowledge.

I doubt very much that it's possible to create a recipe that has no ingredients, no product and no work type, because such a recipe would frankly serve no purpose.

Why, exactly, do you want to be able to force pawns to stand around doing nothing?

If you actually told us your goal, someone might be able to help come up with a way to achieve it.
- Rainbeau Flambe (aka Darryl Burgdorf) -
Old. Short. Grumpy. Bearded. "Yeah, I'm a dorf."

Buy me a Dr Pepper?