[1.0] Androids - The ultimate manpower solution

Started by ChJees, September 16, 2017, 06:04:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ChJees

Requires Alien Race Framework 2.0 (Github)

A race of humanlike robots which are mostly female in model variety.

The origins of these machines are mostly unknown. Some speculate they are escapees from a civilization which used them for labor and some just suggest they are outdated pleasure machines which got dumped by a passing space freigher.

By design by their previous masters they are weak physically but their raw fortitude is enough to make up for it. Beware of their reactors violently exploding if they die by violent means or overheating.

Now you can discover and use the predecessors to Androids; the Droids. They are not much smarter than a improvised turret but they are relatively cheap to produce which make them easily replacable.

Credits:
ChJees – Concept, C# & XML
Xen - Art; Old Android Printer
Rosski - Art; Weapons & Droid battery
A Moist Storm - Art; Droids & Preview image
Saint of Grey - XML; Fixes
Shinzy - Art; Battle maid hat
Lucky_d20 - Art; Battle droids
MrSlyFoxJr - Art; New Android Printer
ShotgunFrenzy - Art; Core launcher
Saint of Grey - Art; Hibernation pad
Diana Winters - XML; Droids
DanielChieh - XML; Maid dresses & Backstories
PinkRainbowz - Art; Maid dresses & Old preview image
밀수업자 - Korean Translation
惡魔先生 - Traditional Chinese
Icons from - https://game-icons.net
Our subscribers - For being awesome!

FAQ:
Q: Is this mod compatible with MAI?
A: Yes, it do not add anything that may interfere with MAI.

Q: EPOE Patch do not work!
A: Make sure the EPOE Patch is loaded last in the load order.
Alien Race Framework 2.0 --> Androids <--any order--> EPOE --> EPOE Androids Patch

Q: Can i use this in a already on-going game?
A: Yes, you won't get any faction though. Unless you use a mod to spawn one in.

Q: How much do one Droidcost?
A: 200 steel and 8 components. Takes 1/4th in-game day to craft.

Q: How much do one Android cost?
A: 20 Nutrition from food and\or corpses, 150 plasteel and 20 components. Takes 1 in-game day to print.

Q: I hate the maid dresses.
A: They are entirely optional. Nobody spawns with them and it is locked behind a 300 point research.

Q: This mod is overpowered.
A: Do not use it then :P .
Update #24
*Three new upgrades:
+Drone mentality which gives the Droids 200 mood buff but greatly reduces learning rate.
+Lover mentality which almost guarantess the Android will love their target of obsession you choose.
+Techprof upgrade which greatly increases the research speed.
*There is a 1 in 10 chance for a Android generated out in the world to get a random upgrade.

Update #23
*HUGE update originally meant for 1.0, but since B19 hit I saw no reason to not update :). Full changelog here: https://www.dropbox.com/s/rmdihuceapp0hdr/Androids%20Changelog%201.0.txt?dl=0

Recommended Mods
[SS]Lovely Hair Style - http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=817996020
VOHAIR - http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=934480896

Download

1.0 Download
1.0 Steam Workshop

Assembly Source
(License to modify and use in your own mods in both)

A17 Combat Extended by Holy_Tape - http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?&id=1165553198

Discord Server
https://discord.gg/vdb47e9

DiamondBorne

Is it time for Makoto Kusanagi to visit Rimworld?  ;D

Sam Gray

Sorry for being lazy and not checking the mod myself but, how do these compare with pawns from the MAI mod?

SpaceDorf

how do these compare with pawns from the MAI mod?

1.) they explode
2.) they look hot
3.) variation is good

Questions :

If you link to recommended mod, why not link to the Alien Race Framework as well ?

Printable colonists coming to you! - could you add a short explanation on the production / research / ressources ?

Maxim 1   : Pillage, then burn
Maxim 37 : There is no overkill. There is only open fire and reload.
Rule 34 of Rimworld :There is a mod for that.

ChJees

Quote from: SpaceDorf on September 16, 2017, 09:13:45 AM
how do these compare with pawns from the MAI mod?

1.) they explode
2.) they look hot
3.) variation is good

Questions :

If you link to recommended mod, why not link to the Alien Race Framework as well ?

Printable colonists coming to you! - could you add a short explanation on the production / research / ressources ?

I suspect people who want this mod to able to find it on their own :P .

And about that, no crazy resource or research costs to get the printer itself. Main limiting factor is that it needs a AI Core in order to be built.

Each Android costs 20 nutrition worth of living matter (No hay), 150 plasteel and 20 components. Fairly affordable for a mid-game colony. Also let raiders finally be useful! Just chuck their dead bodies into it and get a Android.

kubolek01

AI cores drop commonly from psychic ships,  so...
Eat lead, walking pile of silver! (greedy Player)
I...I can't do it. Leave it alive, please!(inner soul)
It lives 200 years to end up as a jacket?!(realists mind)
If I would go to vacation in off-Earth, even fictional place, I'd choose Nibel.

SpaceDorf

Thanks ChJees for answering.

Quote from: ChJees on September 16, 2017, 09:27:25 AM
I suspect people who want this mod to able to find it on their own :P .

This is true, and most people allready have it anyway. But I see it as a matter of courtesy and consistency if
you link to other mods you recommend but don't have a link to the requirements.
For some people, especially n00bs, this is a game breaker.

Quote from: ChJees on September 16, 2017, 09:27:25 AM
And about that, no crazy resource or research costs to get the printer itself. Main limiting factor is that it needs a AI Core in order to be built.

Each Android costs 20 nutrition worth of living matter (No hay), 150 plasteel and 20 components. Fairly affordable for a mid-game colony. Also let raiders finally be useful! Just chuck their dead bodies into it and get a Android.

This is really cheap :) When reading the description for the first time I thought each Android needed an AI core

Maxim 1   : Pillage, then burn
Maxim 37 : There is no overkill. There is only open fire and reload.
Rule 34 of Rimworld :There is a mod for that.

werty112

But there are still two questions: Will they blend? and They explode as much nukelike as costing 125 munitons Goliathans?
That moment when you get oneshotted from first shot by first raider that had 0.2% acc

Ghasty

Nice one Jhees, just like my Japanse animes 10/10

Ghasty

Quote from: CyanSam on September 16, 2017, 09:06:21 AM
Sorry for being lazy and not checking the mod myself but, how do these compare with pawns from the MAI mod?

From what I've seen so far, the MAI ones require a lot more effort into research and materials to make good robots, but they can be pretty OP with super speed and burning passion for everything. These seem easier to make but not as OP endgame.

Nameless

This mod is awesome. However everytime I am clicking between the models and see the how the stats go, all base stats seem to reroll on it's own. Would it be possible to stop that?

Also i installed the EPOE patch but now all the bionics shows up with double the stats in the stat window, like for example in the pic attached. Nothing game breaking i think, just looks weird.

[attachment deleted by admin: too old]

VeeCee

I'm really enjoying the mod, thanks for making it!

I've noticed one little thing, though... androids only weigh one kg. It's not a game-breaking issue, but it does give me a little advantage when loading one into one of the OHU dropships. I dug through the defs a bit, but couldn't find a way to set the mass of a race...

Ubese

For some reason the androids appear with invisible heads.

ChJees

Quote from: Ubese on September 22, 2017, 11:23:15 PM
For some reason the androids appear with invisible heads.

Not very helpful. Maybe post the mod list?

Also for weight. Never bothered setting one i guess :P . And funny stories have recently rolled in on the Steam Workshop page. Mostly about explosions.

ChJees

New patch is out that fixes the "forever bleeding" issue i completely missed to fix.