[1.0] Androids - The ultimate manpower solution

Started by ChJees, September 16, 2017, 06:04:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Harry_Dicks

Quote from: Canute on December 28, 2017, 11:35:20 AM
Quote from: Questops on December 01, 2017, 04:59:23 AM
Quote from: Marcvs on November 30, 2017, 04:46:28 PM
Hi, will there be the EPOE patch for B18?

This won't be necessary with the latest version of Androids, as androids are now able to utilize anything a human pawn could in previous versions.

Awesome, thanks for the quick reply, Canute! :-*

TerrorThomasCao

Quote from: LAWolves on December 23, 2017, 04:48:43 PM
Got a bug report for you -> https://gist.github.com/641c3a3f5ddcd598740d975e54835ce4
Built a Droid and it just stood there, I think it's a bad interaction with KF Colonist Bar, posting it there too.

The savefile is too big so I'm uploading it -> https://www.dropbox.com/s/1tf11pt1l0jmyok/Slyders.rws?dl=0

Yeah, same problem here, I don't know what's up but, when I make the first tier of pawns at the assembler from components and steel, they just stand there and say they're doing something but they don't. I tried downing and reviving them but they just stand there, could be mod conflicts but I wanted to see if anything is known about it? Also got the colonist bar so that seems to be it.

Karrade

Hey, what makes the android repair kits and batteries.

Thanks.

Harry_Dicks

Config error in ChjDroid: surgery bed requirement mismatch; flesh-type Normal is True, recipe ChJAndroidShutDownDroid is False

This is popping up in my log, but I don't know if it's really affecting anything. Anything to worry about, or fixable?

Nightinggale

Quote from: Harry_Dicks on January 09, 2018, 04:44:12 PM
Config error in ChjDroid: surgery bed requirement mismatch; flesh-type Normal is True, recipe ChJAndroidShutDownDroid is False

This is popping up in my log, but I don't know if it's really affecting anything. Anything to worry about, or fixable?
I would argue that the error is the error. When the code with the error checking was written, it was assumed that all flesh pawns would need to be in bed. Since it's possible to shut down a droid without putting it to bed first, the code assumes it's like doing surgery on a colonist or something like that and warns that the config is likely an error.

The real question is: why are droids considered pawns with flesh? Aren't they 100% robots?
ModCheck - boost your patch loading times and include patchmods in your main mod.

Rambus200

Quote from: TerrorThomasCao on January 01, 2018, 12:28:33 AM
Got a bug report for you -> https://gist.github.com/641c3a3f5ddcd598740d975e54835ce4
Built a Droid and it just stood there, I think it's a bad interaction with KF Colonist Bar, posting it there too.

The savefile is too big so I'm uploading it -> https://www.dropbox.com/s/1tf11pt1l0jmyok/Slyders.rws?dl=0

Yeah, same problem here, I don't know what's up but, when I make the first tier of pawns at the assembler from components and steel, they just stand there and say they're doing something but they don't. I tried downing and reviving them but they just stand there, could be mod conflicts but I wanted to see if anything is known about it? Also got the colonist bar so that seems to be it.

I got the same error soon as i added KFbar mod. Droids just stand in on place. Tried turning on the compatibility mode for the NullReference in mod settings but still no dice :P.

Incompatible with the KFbar mod currently.

lionsilverwolf

Quote from: Rambus200 on January 15, 2018, 11:07:37 AM

I got the same error soon as i added KFbar mod. Droids just stand in on place. Tried turning on the compatibility mode for the NullReference in mod settings but still no dice :P.

I'm running it fine with KFbar, load order issue?

Rambus200

Quote from: lionsilverwolf on January 15, 2018, 10:42:42 PM
Quote from: Rambus200 on January 15, 2018, 11:07:37 AM

I'm running it fine with KFbar, load order issue?

I tried switch KFbar above Androids, but still same error. It could be with another mod in my list but the error directly points at KFbar when both androids and KFbar are running. When i remove KFbar, no issues occur.

Here is the error and as you can see ColonistBarkF object is having issues with finding a value.

Exception ticking Droid 0: System.InvalidOperationException: Nullable object must have a value.
  at System.Nullable`1[System.Single].get_Value () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at ColonistBarKF.CompPSI.UpdateColonistStats () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at ColonistBarKF.CompPSI.CompTick () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at Verse.ThingWithComps.Tick () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at Verse.Pawn.Tick () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at Verse.TickList.Tick () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
Verse.Log:Error(String)
Verse.TickList:Tick()
Verse.TickManager:DoSingleTick()
Verse.TickManager:TickManagerUpdate()
Verse.Game:UpdatePlay()
Verse.Root_Play:Update()

I donno maybe i missed something, in earlier threads?

Canute

If you use modswitch you can fast recovery back to your safegame.
Could you just try out to use only modswitch,core,hugslib,Alienframework,android,KFbar ?
Just to be sure it is related to android.

ChJees

Make sure you get the latest version of Killfaces Colonist Bar. Otherwise it won't work.
If not even that works, turn on the Compatibility for Droids which make them cheat like how MAI does it.

Canute

Hi ChJees,
i just try out Android with the Rim of Magic.
And i just printed an Android as Lightning Mage.
Basicly i don't have anything that android could learn magic, but that they come as full grown mage is a bit to much.
Maybe you can use Modcheck tool to check if Rim of Magic (TMagic) is active and exclude some traits from the generation process ?

ChJees

Quote from: Canute on January 16, 2018, 04:19:01 PM
Hi ChJees,
i just try out Android with the Rim of Magic.
And i just printed an Android as Lightning Mage.
Basicly i don't have anything that android could learn magic, but that they come as full grown mage is a bit to much.
Maybe you can use Modcheck tool to check if Rim of Magic (TMagic) is active and exclude some traits from the generation process ?
Do not see any issue in it personally. (Making pawns on demand is OP when comparing to vanilla anyway :P.)
Could though try to add a blacklist for traits in the future from the mod settings.

Speaking of which, i should work on more content and maybe expand special augments for Droids and Androids.

VeeCee

Speaking of special augments of droids, I played around with droid upgrades. I decided on 'upgrade kits', made research for it, and changed up the repair kit graphic. Basically it cost plasteel and advanced components (upgrading the servos, control runs, etc), and could be installed on a droid's arms, legs, spine, or eyes, and gave the same benefits as base-level bionics. It was somewhat useful, but I found that it made the bots massively more expensive for ~50% more efficiency. That's a pretty decent tradeoff, really.

Just a thought on how to make droids upgradeable without putting too much effort into it. :)

Canute

Yep, some researches to give them better base stats.
And i think the skill are a bit to high for droids if you add these researches.
2-4 are the base skills. And each research step enhance them by 4. And +0,5 - 1,0 m/s movespeed.

Madman666

I suggested some different models for droids earlier, but researchable and craftable upgrades are really damn ince too. They are already damn good as armored shocktroopers, that help haul, clean and cut stone\smelt stuff in between raids, now imagine them actually being real good at growing, cooking and other stuff... Could be really OP. Errr. Well they are pretty damn OP already, just by being able to haul and complete any generic task animals can't like burning corpses, filling barrels, cleaning and etc. Still would be awesome though. Go full-glitterworld style))