[1.0] Androids - The ultimate manpower solution

Started by ChJees, September 16, 2017, 06:04:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ChJees

When you make a alien race android they get the "Android Treatment" which mean they get the same random skin and hair colors as android would do. But also get the perks and drawbacks of one as well. Oh and also they get access to the android backstories which mean they get a wide variety of skill bonuses to start with.

ON TOP of their standard bonuses.

If you want a crazy combination try making a Logann android with Healing Factor (Class X) :P . Should have insane longevity in combat then.

Call me Arty

Quote from: ChJees on February 20, 2018, 04:12:52 PM
When you make a alien race android they get the "Android Treatment" which mean they get the same random skin and hair colors as android would do. But also get the perks and drawbacks of one as well. Oh and also they get access to the android backstories which mean they get a wide variety of skill bonuses to start with.

ON TOP of their standard bonuses.

If you want a crazy combination try making a Logann android with Healing Factor (Class X) :P . Should have insane longevity in combat then.

I actually picked-up the Logann mod because it was one of the only race mods with EPOE (please come back to me, Apini* and Crystalloids!). I'm familiar with their combat prowess with higher regeneration levels, even if they inexplicably have lower combat skills. Anyways, what you mean to tell me is that I now have the capacity to produce

• Vicious, furry death machines that can seemingly only die to a distinctive lack of vital organs,
  • Who can be turned into an android, who don't need to eat, and can run entirely on electricity,
  • on top of their android bonuses, they can be modified further with bionic modifications
  • Who explode when they die
  • And the quantity of such is limited only to how many I can produce, aided by quarry and trading mods
Right?
Goddamn do I love you modders.

* Speaking of the Apini mod, I noticed that you're a co-author. I'm sorry to talk about an out-of-date bee mod that isn't Android-related, but how's progress on that? Is Miss Bones doing alright (if you know). That's the mod that sent me down the rabbit hole of the wonderful world of modding, and I'm really interested in a potential update.
Why are you focusing on having a personal life rather than updating a mod that you're not paid to work on?

If there's a mistake in my post, please message me so I can fix it!

minakurafto

some thought:
-droid can be deactivated and it will freeze if battery is empty
-explosion only occur if overheated (no coolant)
-leave corpse when death and can be diassamble like mechanoid
-vulnerable to EMP
-still alive if the head is not destroyed, and can be restored

Gizborn

Daros

Really enjoying the mod, thank you. Absolutely one of my "must have" mods.

I don't know if you are open to suggestions, but on my recent all droid playthrough I noticed I was hoping to have designated droid spots. That is, pods or even just squares that work like assignable beds for droids and allow passive recharging. The idea being idle droids would withdraw to their designated spots and stay there until a job becomes available or they are drafted. This would essentially disable the droids from wandering around the base aimlessly and allow building of droid warehouses. I think such a feature would be cool to have, but I don't know if that fits into your own vision for your mod (or how feasible such feature would be to mod). Thanks for reading.

TSB73

Hi, I would like to report on a strange bug or compatibility problem.

The problem is that the droids, androids or even the human settlers from nothing can suddenly mine the mineral resources or rock walls, and not only was there the fault but the peon that from nothing becomes a mining god, he can not execute another type of task and if he executes it he increases his work.

I'll give an example of a steel wall that has 50 (I do not really remember how much it is), but the settler, droid or droid that is affected by the bug makes the work go up indefinitely ... which leads to banish or destroy these settlers for affecting the balanced development of the game.

Canute

Hi,
i think some other mod interfere with something.
At first we need some error logs and modlist you use.
Look at point 5a.   or 4. and 5. if you don't use hugslib.
https://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=38291.0

Maybe you should keep a safegame with this behavior, so if we don't see any error he can maybe have a deeper look into it.

bakaVHS

I've installed the latest version of the mod (my last version was from December) but I don't know how to access alien printing types. Would it be an issue with the alien mods I have installed? I've got Orassans, Twileks, and Zabraks.

TSB73

Quote from: Canute on April 28, 2018, 09:55:47 AM
Hi,
i think some other mod interfere with something.
At first we need some error logs and modlist you use.
Look at point 5a.   or 4. and 5. if you don't use hugslib.
https://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=38291.0

Maybe you should keep a safegame with this behavior, so if we don't see any error he can maybe have a deeper look into it.

Thanks, for the link I discovered that the "Orion Faction Discovery" mod is the one causing the bug

LunaticModo6

Love this mod very much, especially the droids. Everything is working fine for me. That aside, hear me out, while looking at the backstories for the androids, there is one where it is suspected that they use the memories of deceased people(Social Model?). Does that mean that in the future, all androids will have a Memory Chip part which you can get via surgery if alive or extract if dead and create an android vessel where you can use the said part to 'resurrect' the android? If so, is it possible to create the part and insert it to an organic and have it reborn as an android or be imprisoned as a droid? Can you use said part to create a Persona Core?

And when can we have droid animals~?

tombery8

Love this mod.
But v1.0 is coming   :P

Some suggest:
-Maid dresses can have some cold resistant?
-More combat maid-style dress with better material like synthread/hyperthread, currenly battle dress based on devilstran.
-Some head accessories will be great .
-Rise the cost and time to print new android ??

ChJees

Alright, here is a somewhat stable update for 1.0 with a bunch of delicious new features and long requested ones. It should bring a ton more variety to the endgame!

https://www.dropbox.com/s/jy0l5mrvwednofe/Androids-1.0.0.zip?dl=1
https://www.dropbox.com/s/ftxgofofoma87iz/Androids-1.0.0-src.zip?dl=1

Oh and i will probably rework the dresses a bit later. Have not even got to that point yet xD.

Madman666

Damn this looks tasty! Can you disclose some new features a bit? Or all new stuff is on the screen?

Platonov555

wow dude, that is some excellent dlc level stuff. Keep it up! how stable is this atm? crashes common at all? or just bugs? thanks

Canute

Lol, it is made for the Unstable Rimworld release and you ask about stable,crashes and bugs ? :-)
Maybe you should wait first for the final Rimworld release, so the modder can made their final mod releases.