[1.0] Androids - The ultimate manpower solution

Started by ChJees, September 16, 2017, 06:04:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ChJees

Quote from: Canute on October 08, 2017, 03:12:08 AM
Quote from: SpaceDorf on October 07, 2017, 03:19:58 PM
The ultimate MANpower solution.
MAN (or M.A.N.) special Spacedorf should know this special shortcut/corpocation ! :-)
or
MANpower,  Massive ANdroid power

Some ideas:
- Android v2.0, some research after syntheic organs to improve/replace the android Boomrat-stomach with some effective stomach that don't explode anymore.

- Ultimate dress, made out of hyperweave,gold,components, combine the abilites of both dresses with the protection of the combat dress.

- Some hood or hairribbon for the headprotection would be nice too.

- Maybe a race restriction to android for all dress, so human's don't use them.

Been thinking of making a "Upgrade Station" when i am going to work on the next content update.
Would let you essentially specialize the Androids with whole body "implants" in exchange of resources and time. e.g Banzai module which let you manually detonate their reactor, Reactive armor which act like mini shields on and in the entire body, Mechanite hub which both let them slowly regenerate and construct buildings and craft faster.

Also more apparel would be nice. Maybe some that reference the Cavestory Androids :P.

SpaceDorf

Quote from: ChJees on October 08, 2017, 07:39:47 AM
Also more apparel would be nice. Maybe some that reference the Cavestory Androids :P.

Yes, please :)
Also red and green overalls  ;D
Maxim 1   : Pillage, then burn
Maxim 37 : There is no overkill. There is only open fire and reload.
Rule 34 of Rimworld :There is a mod for that.

Gizborn

Man, this mod is great but it conflicts with Children&Pregnancy. When it's enabled, all androids have default black eyes. Not sure about pregnancy and stuff.
And also i can't add androids to my start crew with Prepare Carefully while playing as New Arrivals faction. When I press Add, then Android enclave, this message pop ups:

Exception filling window for EdB.PrepareCarefully.Dialog_Options`1[RimWorld.FactionDef]: System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object

Although all this problems may be related to Alien Races mod itself, i'm not sure.

paulvin

could you make a patch for DeSurgeries and RBSE?

ptx

Quote from: Gizborn on October 08, 2017, 08:42:38 AM
Man, this mod is great but it conflicts with Children&Pregnancy. When it's enabled, all androids have default black eyes. Not sure about pregnancy and stuff.
And also i can't add androids to my start crew with Prepare Carefully while playing as New Arrivals faction. When I press Add, then Android enclave, this message pop ups:

Exception filling window for EdB.PrepareCarefully.Dialog_Options`1[RimWorld.FactionDef]: System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object

Although all this problems may be related to Alien Races mod itself, i'm not sure.

Maybe that's a mod order thing. I have both c&p and prepare carefully, and now it seems normal.
I haven't play as android faction yet, but in prepare carefully, I can randomly choose android complete with their glowy eyes. Check out my mod order on the previous page.
Also use the latest Alien Races.

Gizborn

Quote from: ptx on October 08, 2017, 07:52:23 PM
Maybe that's a mod order thing. I have both c&p and prepare carefully, and now it seems normal.
I haven't play as android faction yet, but in prepare carefully, I can randomly choose android complete with their glowy eyes. Check out my mod order on the previous page.
Also use the latest Alien Races.
Yep. It seems I just had really outdated c&p. Now everything works just fine. Big thanks!

ChJees

Updated just the Androids mod itself currently.
This update should fix some annoyances people have experienced.

Androids
Patch Notes 2017-10-10
*Androids do not show as starving anymore.
*Androids can heal while food is at zero.
*Initial fixing of the JobGiver_GetEnergy which make it so multiplie Androids can't attempt reserving the same power outlet.

EPOE Androids
Patch Notes 2017-10-10
*Ribs can be installed properly.

Canute

Ok, new game with latest Alienrace (to fix the tail error i got previously with the cats) and android.

Now i got the problem the printer throw out the corpses one by one over the printing process. And give these error.
https://gist.github.com/c775a6393ffee86defabe0c53c3ec243
Exception ticking ChJAndroidPrinter129619: System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
  at Androids.Building_AndroidPrinter.Tick () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at Verse.TickList.Tick () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
Verse.Log:Error(String)
Verse.TickList:Tick()
Verse.TickManager:DoSingleTick()
Verse.TickManager:TickManagerUpdate()
Verse.Game:UpdatePlay()
Verse.Root_Play:Update()

The print process is going on and and get finished, but i am geting all corpses back.

Edit: Ok, next printing with meals, no error occur.

Tannius

You make reference to charging at a power outlet in place of food. Is that implemented yet or am I just being dense for not finding how to do it? It wouldn't be the first time I've missed the blindingly obvious.

ChJees

Quote from: Canute on October 13, 2017, 04:10:13 AM
Ok, new game with latest Alienrace (to fix the tail error i got previously with the cats) and android.

Now i got the problem the printer throw out the corpses one by one over the printing process. And give these error.
https://gist.github.com/c775a6393ffee86defabe0c53c3ec243
Exception ticking ChJAndroidPrinter129619: System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
  at Androids.Building_AndroidPrinter.Tick () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at Verse.TickList.Tick () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
Verse.Log:Error(String)
Verse.TickList:Tick()
Verse.TickManager:DoSingleTick()
Verse.TickManager:TickManagerUpdate()
Verse.Game:UpdatePlay()
Verse.Root_Play:Update()

The print process is going on and and get finished, but i am geting all corpses back.

Edit: Ok, next printing with meals, no error occur.

I will look into it why the bodies become null.

Quote from: Tannius on October 15, 2017, 03:02:24 AM
You make reference to charging at a power outlet in place of food. Is that implemented yet or am I just being dense for not finding how to do it? It wouldn't be the first time I've missed the blindingly obvious.

They will only start recharging their Energy need once it is below 50%, which will only happen if you do not feed them.

Canute

Quote from: ChJees on October 15, 2017, 05:52:50 AM
They will only start recharging their Energy need once it is below 50%, which will only happen if you do not feed them.
I don't need to feed them when i got power ?
You should write this at the description !! :)

blaxblade

I have the no head bug for androids (invisible head with visibile hair) but only for printed android
The androids with which i have started, or that i have recruited have their heads

DemonLordM

mhm android printer does not seem to consume boomalope corpses when printing really odd bug? Also maybe have the option on each android to decide if they can eat or not and instead only recharge at batteries?

Canute

Hmm maybe remove their stomach ? :-)

Or try No food policy with Smarter food selection
https://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=30708.0

ChJees

Will look into what is causing the printer to be wonky.

In the meantime here is the pre-release version for Alpha 18. It is still in the works but you can play with it :P.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/p916xz9we0eme9c/Androids-A18-prerelease.zip?dl=1