Help figuring out crash log?

Started by InfinityKage, September 16, 2017, 09:52:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

InfinityKage

I figured since my game is heavily modded the mod section was a good place to post this. I just had a crash to desktop and I have no idea why. I was wondering if someone that's good at this sort of thing could give my crash log a look over and maybe give me some answers. Thanks in advance.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/akzwb3neyu8e6mb/output_log%20%282%29.txt?dl=0

faltonico

Looks like you ran out of memory,
Were you raiding an Orion encampment from glittertech?. Some of your mods might be having a memory leak when generating the world map. If you use prepare for landing, a similar bug was fixed recently, make sure you have the latest build. Post your mod list anyway and see what else you have there.

InfinityKage

Quote from: faltonico on September 17, 2017, 02:09:06 PM
Looks like you ran out of memory,
Were you raiding an Orion encampment from glittertech?. Some of your mods might be having a memory leak when generating the world map. If you use prepare for landing, a similar bug was fixed recently, make sure you have the latest build. Post your mod list anyway and see what else you have there.

Out of memory huh? I was not raiding anything. Just chilling in my base building up. I use prepare carefully but nothing called prepare for landing. Is there a way to get a mod list other than going through all my mods and writing them down. There is quite a bit. Any way to narrow down what mod might be causing this? Also here is another crash log is that helps. Thanks for the help.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/rje1t3r7oaxl52r/output_log%20%283%29.txt?dl=0

faltonico

Again an out of memory error, it looks like the game is trying to send you a raid, and it can't, cause it is too big and it crashes (?). I probably am wrong though (i am no expert xD). Try disabling No-death randomness mod momentarily.
Or is it that the crash happens when opening the world map?
You also got spammed to oblivion with a "RBionicTail" related error. i don't know what added that thing, it might be one of the many EPOE/ADS patches you have. Try checking if you have all of those patches updated (and all of your mods for that matter), and the try checking the xml files of the mods to see what added that and disable it if possible (careful, sometimes those patches cannot be disabled mid game).

Inside the log is a list of the mods, but not in order, sometimes errors comes from bad ordering. I saw you had a lot, I don't use many of those.
To copy a list of mods:
- If you are using mods from the forum only you can copy whats Inside of the ModsConfig.xml file or the file itself.
- If you are using steam only mods you can copy the list saved inside the save file after the <modNames> tag, nearly at the beginning of the file. Use an editor such notepad++ to open the save file (many other editors available).
- If you can't do any of that... make a composite image with screenshots.

To narrow the possible causes, you check the log for particular errors, if nothing shows there, you can try disabling some of the non essential mods or those that will not break the save when disabled, to see if you can pinpoint the responsible one. You might also have incompatible mods.

And another thing, just in case. How much memory does you machine have?

Canute

When you create a link with the Share log button from hugslib, the modlist is included.

skullywag

All those xml errors at the start of the log......thats not good. You should figure out why thats happening before doing anything else. Looks like the game isnt loading some hediffs due to that, probably some typo or something in an xml file....not gonna be fun tracking that down, but it may not be anything to do with your problem.

The problem is definitely due to spawning a glittertech raid however. Best log the issue on that mods thread.
Skullywag modded to death.
I'd never met an iterator I liked....until Zhentar saved me.
Why Unity5, WHY do you forsake me?

InfinityKage

Quote from: faltonico on September 18, 2017, 01:41:04 AM
Again an out of memory error, it looks like the game is trying to send you a raid, and it can't, cause it is too big and it crashes (?). I probably am wrong though (i am no expert xD). Try disabling No-death randomness mod momentarily.
Or is it that the crash happens when opening the world map?
You also got spammed to oblivion with a "RBionicTail" related error. i don't know what added that thing, it might be one of the many EPOE/ADS patches you have. Try checking if you have all of those patches updated (and all of your mods for that matter), and the try checking the xml files of the mods to see what added that and disable it if possible (careful, sometimes those patches cannot be disabled mid game).

Inside the log is a list of the mods, but not in order, sometimes errors comes from bad ordering. I saw you had a lot, I don't use many of those.
To copy a list of mods:
- If you are using mods from the forum only you can copy whats Inside of the ModsConfig.xml file or the file itself.
- If you are using steam only mods you can copy the list saved inside the save file after the <modNames> tag, nearly at the beginning of the file. Use an editor such notepad++ to open the save file (many other editors available).
- If you can't do any of that... make a composite image with screenshots.

To narrow the possible causes, you check the log for particular errors, if nothing shows there, you can try disabling some of the non essential mods or those that will not break the save when disabled, to see if you can pinpoint the responsible one. You might also have incompatible mods.

And another thing, just in case. How much memory does you machine have?

Thanks for the info man. I'll try disabling no death randomness. I'm not sure where "RBionicTail" is coming from either. Most of my mods are from Steam and therefore update automatically. I'll double check those that don't. Tried to attach a picture of all my mods but it was too big. My computer has 1TB of memory of which only 25GB is available at the moment. I have a lot of shit on here lol. Unless you meant my ram in which case I have 8.

InfinityKage

Quote from: skullywag on September 18, 2017, 05:19:20 AM
All those xml errors at the start of the log......thats not good. You should figure out why thats happening before doing anything else. Looks like the game isnt loading some hediffs due to that, probably some typo or something in an xml file....not gonna be fun tracking that down, but it may not be anything to do with your problem.

The problem is definitely due to spawning a glittertech raid however. Best log the issue on that mods thread.

I'm not sure where to even start trying to find what is causing those errors. Any ideas? Also do you think maybe removing the Glittertech mod would solve the issue?

Canute

How much memory your mashine got isn't much important since Rimworld is only a 32bit program and can't address more 3.2GB anyway.
To reduce the memory problem, you should remove some of the weapons/apparel mod you don't realy need.

To find the mod that add "RBionicTail", if you use windows just open the windows explorer and goto the mod folder, and search for "RBionicTail". It might take some time but it show you the files that got it included.

To identiy your other conflicts on gamestart, you should just disable all the mods inside Rimworld.
Then enable them, first the QoL (quality of life) mods, the ones that don't add any new items to the game.
Restart the game, check if you got errors.
Then add the next batch of mods, like extra races/animals.
Then ...

This will take some time but thats the only way for you.