[1.0] Dinosauria: A Rimworld Mod / v1.4

Started by spincrus, September 17, 2017, 10:12:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

spincrus

Quote from: douglasw on October 07, 2017, 06:10:38 PM
loved the mod, but it promotes a economic flaw, for example: you buy a dinosaur (in this case a brontosaurus) from a orbital trader, you then procced to slaughter the animal and sell all its leather. i assure you will have at least 300% profit on that simple endeavor plus all the meat it gives.
Point is that such a thing is not balanced. the best solution would probably be to increase the price dinosaurs.

edit: i can work the numbers out if that can be of any help
I'm aware of this and have addressed it on several occasions, but thank you for your input. I actually increased dinosaur prices 3x, which may still be too low of an increase. Leather price factors can be decreased, but I can't do anything about meat simply using XML it appears, and I don't want to decrease the meat drops for the sauropods, because well, such a giant should provide quite a bit of meat.

douglasw

I'm aware of this and have addressed it on several occasions, but thank you for your input. I actually increased dinosaur prices 3x, which may still be too low of an increase. Leather price factors can be decreased, but I can't do anything about meat simply using XML it appears, and I don't want to decrease the meat drops for the sauropods, because well, such a giant should provide quite a bit of meat.
[/quote]

agreed (making the dinossaurs yield less would be lame, hell those things are hugh mungus!), i just did not spot the price change on the changelog "Made some larger dinosaurs (sauropods, etc.) and hard to train theropods (Tyrannosaurus, raptors, etc.) more expensive for balance issues." keep up the great work.

YokoZar

A T-Rex moved into my grazing area and is sleeping next to all my alpacas and I'm very worried about the situation

This mod is awesome.

RyanRim

Can it run on a savegame, if yes, does it also with one that has other animal packs?

✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯

spincrus

Quote from: RyanRim on October 08, 2017, 06:41:07 AM
Can it run on a savegame, if yes, does it also with one that has other animal packs?

Yes, and yes :)

tommie447

hey, love the mod!

maybe it's just a bug in my save but i noticed the female t-rex uses the back-sprite when walking down, kinda looks like a moonwalking dinosaur.

spincrus

That was a bug, I thought I fixed all those issues when testing, but that one slipped away, I realized it during playtesting. Fixed and pushed out onto live.

asdfasfdawsefawsef

Is there a list of what all the dinos' stats are/what they're good for?

Pink Omega

Don't take me in the wrong way, but shouldn't you make the dinosaurs more scientifically accurate? I mean, t.rex (it's not t-rex!) had some feather there and there, and also velociraptor wasn't this big. he also had feathers.

It's just a suggestion though, but accurate dinosaurs would be more fun and realistic (in my opinion).

<=To Be Continued/\/

RequiemFang

Quote from: Guido (Pink Omega) on October 20, 2017, 07:33:08 PM
Don't take me in the wrong way, but shouldn't you make the dinosaurs more scientifically accurate? I mean, t.rex (it's not t-rex!) had some feather there and there, and also velociraptor wasn't this big. he also had feathers.

It's just a suggestion though, but accurate dinosaurs would be more fun and realistic (in my opinion).

While true, the mod creator did add in the Yutyrannis which does in fact in this mod have feathers. There's an in-game reason why the normal Tyranno doesn't have feathers in the mod.

Pink Omega

Quote from: RequiemFang on October 21, 2017, 10:16:30 PM
Quote from: Guido (Pink Omega) on October 20, 2017, 07:33:08 PM

While true, the mod creator did add in the Yutyrannis which does in fact in this mod have feathers. There's an in-game reason why the normal Tyranno doesn't have feathers in the mod.

I see. Thank you for explaining :)

<=To Be Continued/\/

SunsetInvader

Hi, I saw an economic question posed earlier, and it brings up an issue I feel playing with this mod. I have had a lot of fun, but I feel like dinosaur skin prices are too high, it makes it too easy to rack up a lot of silver very quickly, with the diplodochus and brachiosaurus hides costing around 5.4, depending on the social skill. While the difficulty of downing the beast can merit the amount, I feel it is too much, making the economics of the game slightly easier.

Great mod anyways! In my first two weeks I had a dakotaraptor self tame (best of luck, since i think it is probably the best designed alongside the velociraptor)

Thanks!

demeggy

Genuinely cannot play this game now without this mod. Thanks!

WereCat88

Ok so i got a problem/question, are compys (Compsognathus) supposed to be able to kill bigger dinos and animals by themselves?

I watched a compy tear appart a muffalo, the muffalo didn't even fight back, i tought it was a little wierd, but i said to myself that maybe thats normal.
But then i saw a dead Diplodocus (Da big dino) and checked its health tab, it was slowly torn apart by a compy, the same one that killed the muffalo, and again i think the Diplo didn't fight back, just tried to flee.
Then the compy attacked a rhino and the rhino stomped him.
(It was the same compy in all 3 cases)

Sooo, i think something may be wrong.
I am The Primal Mammelon

Serpyderpy

Man, this mod makes mine look super pale and weak in comparison. I love the artwork, I just hope my mod has a chance against this beauty, haha.