[1.0] Dinosauria: A Rimworld Mod / v1.4

Started by spincrus, September 17, 2017, 10:12:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

koltonaugust

Oh, awesome!  You already updated this mod. Honestly have trouble playing without it now. The dinosaurs feel so unique and make the game's tide actually kind of depend on animals

DepOpt

I really rather wish the big sauropods were pack-animals. Had a Bronto self tame, and it would make the BEST pack animal for going raiding.
Ignore this notice

pilsenlord

any chance we can expect a non steam version in the near future?

bolbies

Is it allowed for someone to upload a non-steam download? Spincrus hasn't been on in a couple weeks.

DoctorFowl

Are dinosaurs tamed from birth if you get fertilized eggs?

Listkoe

Quote from: DoctorFowl on December 09, 2017, 10:28:48 AM
Are dinosaurs tamed from birth if you get fertilized eggs?

No, you need to tame them. At least I had this with mine T-rex.

Harry_Dicks

Quote from: bolbies on December 07, 2017, 04:43:08 PM
Is it allowed for someone to upload a non-steam download? Spincrus hasn't been on in a couple weeks.

Did you ever find out the answer to that? In the OP I didn't read anything about re-uploading it anywhere, hmmm...

bolbies

Quote from: Harry_Dicks on December 11, 2017, 07:41:37 PM
Did you ever find out the answer to that? In the OP I didn't read anything about re-uploading it anywhere, hmmm...

No I didn't. There's nothing on the steam page either.

pilsenlord

wouldnt mind a non-oficial solution in the meanwhile, hopes the op finds the time to update here too

gurrenlemfox

yeah wouldn't mind unofficial Upload since, there is no point of having a thread with steam only download

crusader2010

If you change the version in About.xml it seems to work (with some console errors that don't seems to affect much). At least that's what i did and i do get to see dinosaurs, tame them, get their eggs, get hunted by the carnivores etc.
My mod pack: {A13} Mod Mega Pack

crusader2010

Hello,

I have made an unoffical update to this mod: https://mega.nz/#!oYVVVLIT!YOeKlYQbykoj_ehtLLVoYL-k_N2n1CTVcpNxXxugjH4
- updated the version and description of the mod (to make it clear that this is unofficial).
- cleaned up some XML definitions such that they don't generate console errors anymore.

If I broke any rules by making this update and putting it here, please let me know and I'll take it down immediately.
:)

EDIT:

There are still two errors that I don't know how to get rid of:
Could not resolve cross-reference: No RimWorld.StatDef named MeleeWeapon_DamageAmount found to give to RimWorld.StatModifier (null stat)
Could not resolve cross-reference: No RimWorld.StatDef named MeleeWeapon_Cooldown found to give to RimWorld.StatModifier (null stat)

They are generated by the definition below (see the two tags). If anyone knows how to properly "apply" melee damage and melee cooldown to an item, please let me know!

<ThingDef ParentName="ResourceVerbBase">
    <defName>TriceratopsHorn</defName>
    <label>triceratops horn</label>
    <description>A triceratops's horn. If good enough to fend off a T-Rex, good enough to fend off your enemies. Comes as at least a pair, so not as valuable as other horns out there.</description>
    <graphicData>
      <texPath>dinosauria/dinosauria_triceratopshorn</texPath>
      <graphicClass>Graphic_Single</graphicClass>
    </graphicData>
    <equippedAngleOffset>-20</equippedAngleOffset>
    <statBases>
      <MarketValue>1150</MarketValue>
      <MaxHitPoints>150</MaxHitPoints>
      <Mass>4</Mass>
      <Flammability>1</Flammability>
      <DeteriorationRate>0.3</DeteriorationRate>
  <MeleeWeapon_DamageAmount>22</MeleeWeapon_DamageAmount>
      <MeleeWeapon_Cooldown>2.7</MeleeWeapon_Cooldown>
    </statBases>
    <resourceReadoutPriority>Middle</resourceReadoutPriority>
    <stackLimit>10</stackLimit>
<verbs>
      <li>
        <verbClass>Verb_MeleeAttack</verbClass>
        <hasStandardCommand>true</hasStandardCommand>
        <meleeDamageDef>Scratch</meleeDamageDef>
      </li>
    </verbs>
    <thingCategories>
      <li>Items</li>
    </thingCategories>
    <tradeTags>
      <li>Exotic</li>
    </tradeTags>
  </ThingDef>
My mod pack: {A13} Mod Mega Pack

Harry_Dicks

I've checked and it is actually allowed for someone to post the real B18 version from Steam onto here if the mod author has gone missing in action. So please, anyone with the Steam version - send a link our way! ;D

gurrenlemfox

Quote from: crusader2010 on December 29, 2017, 12:36:16 PM
Hello,

I have made an unofficial update to this mod: https://mega.nz/#!oYVVVLIT!YOeKlYQbykoj_ehtLLVoYL-k_N2n1CTVcpNxXxugjH4
- updated the version and description of the mod (to make it clear that this is unofficial).
- cleaned up some XML definitions such that they don't generate console errors anymore.

If I broke any rules by making this update and putting it here, please let me know and I'll take it down immediately.
:)

EDIT:

There are still two errors that I don't know how to get rid of:
Could not resolve cross-reference: No RimWorld.StatDef named MeleeWeapon_DamageAmount found to give to RimWorld.StatModifier (null stat)
Could not resolve cross-reference: No RimWorld.StatDef named MeleeWeapon_Cooldown found to give to RimWorld.StatModifier (null stat)

They are generated by the definition below (see the two tags). If anyone knows how to properly "apply" melee damage and melee cooldown to an item, please let me know!

<ThingDef ParentName="ResourceVerbBase">
    <defName>TriceratopsHorn</defName>
    <label>triceratops horn</label>
    <description>A triceratops's horn. If good enough to fend off a T-Rex, good enough to fend off your enemies. Comes as at least a pair, so not as valuable as other horns out there.</description>
    <graphicData>
      <texPath>dinosauria/dinosauria_triceratopshorn</texPath>
      <graphicClass>Graphic_Single</graphicClass>
    </graphicData>
    <equippedAngleOffset>-20</equippedAngleOffset>
    <statBases>
      <MarketValue>1150</MarketValue>
      <MaxHitPoints>150</MaxHitPoints>
      <Mass>4</Mass>
      <Flammability>1</Flammability>
      <DeteriorationRate>0.3</DeteriorationRate>
  <MeleeWeapon_DamageAmount>22</MeleeWeapon_DamageAmount>
      <MeleeWeapon_Cooldown>2.7</MeleeWeapon_Cooldown>
    </statBases>
    <resourceReadoutPriority>Middle</resourceReadoutPriority>
    <stackLimit>10</stackLimit>
<verbs>
      <li>
        <verbClass>Verb_MeleeAttack</verbClass>
        <hasStandardCommand>true</hasStandardCommand>
        <meleeDamageDef>Scratch</meleeDamageDef>
      </li>
    </verbs>
    <thingCategories>
      <li>Items</li>
    </thingCategories>
    <tradeTags>
      <li>Exotic</li>
    </tradeTags>
  </ThingDef>

Thx man appreciated

JinxVanAshke

Quote from: Harry_Dicks on December 29, 2017, 03:11:57 PM
I've checked and it is actually allowed for someone to post the real B18 version from Steam onto here if the mod author has gone missing in action. So please, anyone with the Steam version - send a link our way! ;D

My internet is shoddy but, if I won't get into trouble I will upload the B18 version and the  A dog said patch in a bit. I am kind of proud of myself I had to actually rewrite the a dog said patch myself a bit, I know nothing about it at all but the ADS patch was failing to load so I compared it to the Megafauna ADS patch and fixed what was different until the Dino ADS patch worked. I get no errors myself with any of this.

If the original owner requests me to remove these I will.

Dinosaria Unofficial
Dinosauria ADS patch Unofficial