[1.0] Dinosauria: A Rimworld Mod / v1.4

Started by spincrus, September 17, 2017, 10:12:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Harry_Dicks

Quote from: JinxVanAshke on December 30, 2017, 11:31:45 AM
Quote from: Harry_Dicks on December 29, 2017, 03:11:57 PM
I've checked and it is actually allowed for someone to post the real B18 version from Steam onto here if the mod author has gone missing in action. So please, anyone with the Steam version - send a link our way! ;D

My internet is shoddy but, if I won't get into trouble I will upload the B18 version and the  A dog said patch in a bit. I am kind of proud of myself I had to actually rewrite the a dog said patch myself a bit, I know nothing about it at all but the ADS patch was failing to load so I compared it to the Megafauna ADS patch and fixed what was different until the Dino ADS patch worked. I get no errors myself with any of this.

If the original owner requests me to remove these I will.

Dinosaria Unofficial
Dinosauria ADS patch Unofficial

Hell yeah thanks dude, you're the man! 8)

crusader2010

Quote from: JinxVanAshke on December 30, 2017, 11:31:45 AM
Quote from: Harry_Dicks on December 29, 2017, 03:11:57 PM
I've checked and it is actually allowed for someone to post the real B18 version from Steam onto here if the mod author has gone missing in action. So please, anyone with the Steam version - send a link our way! ;D

My internet is shoddy but, if I won't get into trouble I will upload the B18 version and the  A dog said patch in a bit. I am kind of proud of myself I had to actually rewrite the a dog said patch myself a bit, I know nothing about it at all but the ADS patch was failing to load so I compared it to the Megafauna ADS patch and fixed what was different until the Dino ADS patch worked. I get no errors myself with any of this.

If the original owner requests me to remove these I will.

Dinosaria Unofficial
Dinosauria ADS patch Unofficial

I'm not sure how you're not getting at least one console error (the one related to the tag <hatcherDaysToHatch> which changed in the Rimworld base code to <hatcherDaystoHatch>, resulting in an XML error that the tags are not case sensitive). The other errors I'm not sure about, as I have over 100 mods installed (there might be some additional checks somewhere). Could you provide your ModConfig.xml?

PS: thanks for the ADS patch! :)
My mod pack: {A13} Mod Mega Pack

JinxVanAshke

Quote from: crusader2010 on December 30, 2017, 03:04:25 PM

I'm not sure how you're not getting at least one console error (the one related to the tag <hatcherDaysToHatch> which changed in the Rimworld base code to <hatcherDaystoHatch>, resulting in an XML error that the tags are not case sensitive). The other errors I'm not sure about, as I have over 100 mods installed (there might be some additional checks somewhere). Could you provide your ModConfig.xml?

Sure, you know I have not had a dino long enough in game for them to actually lay and hatch an egg, it is possible I will get errors then but on load up I get none and in-game I get none, well sometimes a workgiver error but that is another mod (I think WhileyourUp) and it rarely fires. Anyway here is my modconfig.xml hope it helps. It sounds like something similar to the error that was making the patch file. It was originally written as <xpath>/RecipeDefs/RecipeDef and I had to change it to <xpath>Defs/RecipeDef. I also tried to make it work with the Modcheck patcher, again using the code from the megafauna patcher as a reference so that it was just part the Dinosauria mod but, I was unable to make that work properly, maybe something has to be added to the Dinosauria mod to make it work.

[attachment deleted by admin: too old]

crusader2010

Quote from: JinxVanAshke on December 30, 2017, 04:17:24 PM
Quote from: crusader2010 on December 30, 2017, 03:04:25 PM

Sure, you know I have not had a dino long enough in game for them to actually lay and hatch an egg, it is possible I will get errors then but on load up I get none and in-game I get none, well sometimes a workgiver error but that is another mod (I think WhileyourUp) and it rarely fires. Anyway here is my modconfig.xml hope it helps. It sounds like something similar to the error that was making the patch file. It was originally written as <xpath>/RecipeDefs/RecipeDef and I had to change it to <xpath>Defs/RecipeDef. I also tried to make it work with the Modcheck patcher, again using the code from the megafauna patcher as a reference so that it was just part the Dinosauria mod but, I was unable to make that work properly, maybe something has to be added to the Dinosauria mod to make it work.

Thanks! I'll take a look when I get some free time. The other errors I was getting are related to the XML root nodes from Dinosauria (e.g. <BodyDefs> should be renamed to <Defs> etc). Had to modify 4 files I think. Others I'm getting are those related to MeleeWeapon_DamageAmount and MeleeWeapon_Cooldown (from above), but I don't know enough of the Rimworld code base to be able to repair them. I'm curious to see if they are actually generated by some mods which are lower in the load list (maybe AnimalLogic and such).

JinxVanAshke

Sweet let me know what you find so I can fix my own if it is hiding a problem I am just not seeing. Just talking about this for a minute is learning me gewd, I know I am making progress when I got what you were talking about, previously my brain would step outside to have a smoke on this subject. The most I ever did before was modify a ini file. Now I am trying to learn how to do this so I can make my own reverse filtering system for stockpiles...and failing so far but...I am making the game do stuff as I fail so it progress through failure.

Harry_Dicks

Quote from: JinxVanAshke on December 30, 2017, 04:56:15 PM
Sweet let me know what you find so I can fix my own if it is hiding a problem I am just not seeing. Just talking about this for a minute is learning me gewd, I know I am making progress when I got what you were talking about, previously my brain would step outside to have a smoke on this subject. The most I ever did before was modify a ini file. Now I am trying to learn how to do this so I can make my own reverse filtering system for stockpiles...and failing so far but...I am making the game do stuff as I fail so it progress through failure.

Keep it up, we have faith in you!

pilsenlord

what a nice end of the year gift from you guys, thanks a lot  :D :D :D :D

crusader2010

With help from a fellow modder, I managed to get rid of the last two errors too. Reuploaded the new version here:
https://mega.nz/#!cMVCkaKK!jWZpJyGD0tLaME_szV9mtpHT2zsNki0IICwYhWQD7JA

@JinxVanAshke: still looking into how I was getting the errors (each time Rimworld started) and you were not. It doesn't make sense, yet.

JinxVanAshke

Quote from: crusader2010 on December 31, 2017, 07:47:23 PM
With help from a fellow modder, I managed to get rid of the last two errors too. Reuploaded the new version here:

@JinxVanAshke: still looking into how I was getting the errors (each time Rimworld started) and you were not. It doesn't make sense, yet.

So to add to the oddness. I was still using my original file since I got no errors. I downloaded the Giddy-up caravan mod. (Already was using the Core and battle mounts.) Once I activated that, console full of red errors.

crusader2010

Quote from: JinxVanAshke on January 01, 2018, 10:37:17 PM
Quote from: crusader2010 on December 31, 2017, 07:47:23 PM

So to add to the oddness. I was still using my original file since I got no errors. I downloaded the Giddy-up caravan mod. (Already was using the Core and battle mounts.) Once I activated that, console full of red errors.

I think Dinosauria needs a patch to make the animals rideable, so you should get errors :) by any chance, did you try Dinosauria only with Core in a new game? (and maybe Animal Logic).

Sarge

@OP

Stunning mod, the dino's look great and I love having them around. I have been trying it out for 3 or so days now and had my first conflict with one of your creations today.

My noob pawn, in the first season of the village, was instantly dead of course when RNGesus gave her an epic fail roll while trying to tame a triceratops.

Well, that was my immediate expectation. Except, with stats that are mediocre at best, crap gear, no shield and wielding only a knife she put it down without taking a scratch.

You will need to push balance really hard if you're going to convince anyone who wants to play on any setting more challenging than base builder to use your mod. It has loads of scope and I'm sure you've put a lot of effort into it, so I hope you'd consider some adjustments. I'll be happy to help test.

My personal opinion is always to allow your mod to be adjustable via mod setting so that people can use it as it best suits their play-style, but I guess that involves a lot more work.

EDIT: Grammar

Sarge

Trimm

Quote from: DepOpt on November 23, 2017, 12:42:55 PM
I really rather wish the big sauropods were pack-animals. Had a Bronto self tame, and it would make the BEST pack animal for going raiding.

Edit: Nevermind, im an idiot.

Sarge

It seems your mod may likely be causing some issues where it makes fleeing animals that are being hunted by dinosaurs spray a blood trail all over the map.

crusader2010

Most likely Dinosauria requires a CE patch to work properly. Here we just updated it to work with B18 (+/- A Dog Said). When CE gets a stable release i'm sure someone with proper modding skills will look into it :)