caravan resources disappear when they starve

Started by patoka, September 17, 2017, 10:46:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

patoka

Hi guys, this is a weird bug (tbh i dont even know if it is a bug or an unknown feature) that happened to me when i sent a caravan towards another village. they wanted to give me around 4k silver for giving them 1.7k hops. usually i wouldnt have noticed the resources missing as my caravans are always so large and carry loads of resources, but since this time i took exactly enough hops with me for this trade deal, i immediately noticed when sth was wrong and i was missing around 80 hops. as i desperately needed the silver to buy myself new food i immediately reloaded my last save state but this kept repeating. whenever i check the number of hops beforehand i have enough, but when i wanna sell them i lack some. as a proud save scum for life i have made around 7 save states that all didnt help me. and it obviously didnt rot as the hops are all the same age and the others are still good for another quadrum. seeing as i couldnt sell it with starving troops, i tried starting a new village in the wilderness and gather food that way and sell it afterwards, i still had 10 days for the deal afterall. but even when starting a new village i lack the resources afterwards.
unfortunately i didnt count the resources exactly when they were still in a caravan, because i there are like 20 groups of 75 or sth hops in my caravan. i remember having to sell some pack animals on my trip aswell, but i never ran into trouble of having too much weight. (and even if so, i could choose what to get rid of, couldnt i?)

as you see this is a really bad situation that i am in and tbh i dont expect to solve it. i mostly wrote here in hopes of someone telling me how to "cheat" the hops back, should that bein conflict with this topic, just put my thread somewhere else where it belongs.

thanks in advance
surely you dont need to rebutcher corpses that you already half butchered if you leave the table to smoke a joint real quick?

J_Dawg_27

Hops have a nutritional value of .05 so if you ran out of food, some or all of your caravan turned to eating hops for sustenance.  Either pack more food or pack more hops to cover the slight depletion.

Calahan

Thank you for the bug report. As J_Dawg says, the most likely explanation is that the Hops were eaten. Plus you said you were desperately short of food, so I assume your caravan wasn't brimming with food for the journey.

You said "I immediately reloaded my last save state but this kept repeating". Do you still have the save file that you reloaded here? If you do, and if it's a vanilla save, it would be good if you could post it to check for a bug just in case the Hops weren't eaten.

patoka

Oh they do have nutritional value? what the hell. why didnt they just eat the damn hops then instead of nearly starving to death. all of them had medium or major malnutrition when i started the new village.

i just looked it up on http://rimworldwiki.com/wiki/Hops, hops are inedible according to them
but then again i didnt update my game since june because other games i had got bad updates all starting in june (not yours (yet?), but i wont take chances anymore, too lazy to fix everything all the time)

game version is 0.17.1557 and was compiled on june secondso i'd need 1725 hops for the deal and eventhough i sent just that much only 1665 hops remain.
unfortunately this is the oldest autosave that i have and i cant show you how they started with 1725 hops. but i do remember it being a pretty long hike for them as i made a little circle before going to the aim of the journey, so if hops are indeed edible contrary to everything i saw, then they wouldve had way more than enough time to gobble up everything. also this is leftover from where is savescummed after seeing they dont have enough hops to seal the deal, so i went back to an even earlier save state (which i dont have anymore because i overwrite mine and this is the oldest autosave that's left) where they are still a bit further away and started the town. still hope you can get sth out of it

[attachment deleted by admin: too old]
surely you dont need to rebutcher corpses that you already half butchered if you leave the table to smoke a joint real quick?

ison

Colonists will eat hops when starving. So it's working as intended. Thanks for reporting anyway.