[MOD+MODPACK] (Alpha 3F) Vanilla+ (v1.2.6 - May 21, 2014)

Started by pawnstorm, May 12, 2014, 03:06:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SacoMato

pawnstorm

I reworked the sandbag waffle restricter a little. Most of you probably turn it off immediately anyway, but just so you know, it's bad karma to turn it off. Everytime someone turns off the sandbag waffle restricter, god kills a puppy.

No other changes, nothing new planned either.

Austupaio

pawnstorm

Quote from: Austupaio on May 17, 2014, 08:55:34 PM
What exactly is a sandbag waffle? ;D
It's when you create a grid of connected sandbags which the raiders must pass through. It slows them down, which is nice I suppose, there should be something to slow raiders down. But the raiders are also unable to shoot while moving over the sandbag waffle, which makes it a bit of an exploit in my opinion.
If you want to know why it's called a waffle, create a grid of sandbags and tell me what it looks like :P.

Edit: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=inS84nrcLKA#t=588

Austupaio

Ah, I see. Yeah, I understand. Once barbed wire or caltrops are available, that should eliminate any need for that sort of thing.

pawnstorm

Fixed a very rare bug that occured sometimes when loading a savegame which caused fire reservations to get messed up and throw some warnings. Thanks to SacoMato for reporting it!

Dr. Z

Quote from: pawnstorm on May 17, 2014, 09:01:51 PM
It's when you create a grid of connected sandbags which the raiders must pass through. It slows them down, which is nice I suppose, there should be something to slow raiders down. But the raiders are also unable to shoot while moving over the sandbag waffle, which makes it a bit of an exploit in my opinion.
If you want to know why it's called a waffle, create a grid of sandbags and tell me what it looks like :P.

But if you restrict sandbag waffles, I thought you can't build one sandbag next to another, so if you just want to build a line of sandbags for your colonists to hide behind, you must turn it off, or am I wrong?
Prasie the Squirrel!

pawnstorm

Quote from: Dr. Z on May 18, 2014, 06:16:53 AM

But if you restrict sandbag waffles, I thought you can't build one sandbag next to another, so if you just want to build a line of sandbags for your colonists to hide behind, you must turn it off, or am I wrong?
Have you tried it? :P
You can build a line of sandbags, you just can't "waffle" them. Make a new game and try to put sandbags next to eachother, you'll see what I mean.

Dr. Z

Quote from: pawnstorm on May 18, 2014, 06:22:18 AM
Quote from: Dr. Z on May 18, 2014, 06:16:53 AM

Have you tried it? :P
You can build a line of sandbags, you just can't "waffle" them. Make a new game and try to put sandbags next to eachother, you'll see what I mean.

Why do I need to start a new game, can't I just toggle it on?
Prasie the Squirrel!

benramit

I'm having a issue I think with Vanilla I think what happens is when raiders show up all my pawns just stop.  Stop doing jobs and can't be selected.  Like i said I'm not sure it's Vanilla but I think it is.

One other thing Vanilla will not work with project K-9.

Last thing this mod is super cool.

Thanks

Crimsonknight3

Quote from: benramit on May 18, 2014, 11:01:54 AM
I'm having a issue I think with Vanilla I think what happens is when raiders show up all my pawns just stop.  Stop doing jobs and can't be selected.  Like i said I'm not sure it's Vanilla but I think it is.

One other thing Vanilla will not work with project K-9.

Last thing this mod is super cool.

Thanks

have you set home regions? they will still work when enemies show up but only in home regions as far as I can tell

Crimsonknight3

I'm having a bug though similar to the other guy but it definately isn't user error. Since updating to the latest version of vanilla+ I keep having an issue where just after a raid (I should note this doesn't happen after EVERY raid!) I lose total control of the game. It's very strange because I can still pause/unpause but I lose total control and can't click on anything (and I also noted that each time this happens multiple pawns but not all become completely frozen even though they should be moving after I have undrafted them) Also another strange thing is that if I press esc nothing happens but when messing around trying to click everything I accidentely changed the resoulution... So the esc menu is working it just isn't appearing. It's all rather strange... Also I lose most of the gui aswell...
Below is a screenshot of what my screen looks like after the bug has happened (paused it but note all pawns are moving around normally apart from Bill. It's strange because it appears to be a rimworld problem yet it only started happening after installing the newest vanilla+ version....

LOTS of this in my log
NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
  at BF.PawnX+<GetCommands>d__0.MoveNext () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at UI.InspectionUtility.DrawInspectCommandGridFor (IEnumerable`1 selectedObjects) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at UI.InspectPane.InspectPaneOnGUI () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at UI.TabInspect.PanelOnGUI (Rect fillRect) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at UI.UIPanel.PanelOnGUI () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at UI.MainTabsRoot.GameControlsOnGUI () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at UI.UIMapRoot.UIRootOnGUI () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at Root.OnGUI () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

(Filename:  Line: -1)

HandleD3DDeviceLost
  HandleD3DDeviceLost: still lost
Skipped rendering frame because GfxDevice is in invalid state (device lost)

The handled3ddevicelost is what happened last... Haven't a clue why....

CyborgDragon

I've had something similar happen. It's caused by one colonist specifically. Hit , or . and you should select a single colonist and get your UI back. If you keep hitting , or . and cycle around, you can find the colonist causing the issue. The D3D device lost simply means the game can't render, that happens if you say, alt-tab or something.

Crimsonknight3

Quote from: CyborgDragon on May 18, 2014, 06:02:52 PM
I've had something similar happen. It's caused by one colonist specifically. Hit , or . and you should select a single colonist and get your UI back. If you keep hitting , or . and cycle around, you can find the colonist causing the issue. The D3D device lost simply means the game can't render, that happens if you say, alt-tab or something.

Ahh okay Ill try that next time. I lost that map at any rate. I deleted the quarry mod as it was throwing up errors in my log and it does the same thing that industrial mod drills do so I need to start a new one lol

pawnstorm

Quote from: Dr. Z on May 18, 2014, 07:23:37 AM
Why do I need to start a new game, can't I just toggle it on?
Yeah that works too.

Quote from: benramit on May 18, 2014, 11:01:54 AM
Quote from: Crimsonknight3 on May 18, 2014, 05:42:35 PM
I'm having a bug though similar to the other guy but it definately isn't user error.
Hmm, I'll look into this. Did you guys both have the "Stay inside during threats" option on? Do you have any savegames of when this happened? Also, which other mods are active?
It's a really strange bug since that function (BF.PawnX.GetCommands()) just gets the command buttons (like draft/undraft, save pos, goto pos, eat, sleep).

Quote from: Crimsonknight3 on May 18, 2014, 04:20:42 PM
have you set home regions? they will still work when enemies show up but only in home regions as far as I can tell
Yeah that's how it should work. It might not work very well with newly started colonies that still have small home regions, it's probably better to not use the "Stay inside during threats" option with a small home region.