[MOD+MODPACK] (Alpha 3F) Vanilla+ (v1.2.6 - May 21, 2014)

Started by pawnstorm, May 12, 2014, 03:06:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Austupaio

Yeah, that option requires a comprehensive home zone to not hinder you.

pawnstorm

Quote from: Crimsonknight3 on May 18, 2014, 05:42:35 PM
all pawns are moving around normally apart from Bill
The screenshot makes me want to slap Bill in the face and scream "What is wrong with you? Why don't you tell us what's going on?" at him :P. The only thing I can think of is for some reason Bill got spawned as a normal Pawn who thinks he's a BF.PawnX. Lists of enabled mods and perhaps a savegame would help me lots here. I think some old version of the dresser mod used to respawn pawns to refresh them, I don't suppose all of you guys started your savegames with an old version of dresser or had vanillaplus disabled [at the start/for a while] on your savegames?

Edit: Was Bill trying to plant or harvest anything? Someone on IRC mentioned a raid event happening while some colonists are planting or harvesting might have something to do with it.

pawnstorm

I did in fact find a nasty bug related to the "Stay inside during threats option", fix is up :). I must shamefully say it was a copy paste fail on my part. I'm not 100% sure yet this bug is also responsible for the NullReferenceException, but since it was an obvious bug and related to the same events it most likely is.

I also turned off the "Stay inside during threats" option by default because it doesn't seem very useful on newly started colonies. But once you have a large enough home region, you can just turn it on and it should work as intended.

Also note that there shouldn't be any problem for your savegames updating to this version, except if you were still using a version prior to v0.9.

Edit: The default setting is just the setting Vanilla+ ships with by the way. If you change it, it will save that setting
Edit2: I think I should fix something else in the "Stay inside during threats" code too... I think there'll be a v1.2.5 later today
Edit3: 1.2.5- Fixed this and did another minor tweak in that class related to "Stay inside during threats"

Crimsonknight3

Quote from: pawnstorm on May 19, 2014, 05:57:09 AM
I did in fact find a nasty bug related to the "Stay inside during threats option", fix is up :). I must shamefully say it was a copy paste fail on my part. I'm not 100% sure yet this bug is also responsible for the NullReferenceException, but since it was an obvious bug and related to the same events it most likely is.

I also turned off the "Stay inside during threats" option by default because it doesn't seem very useful on newly started colonies. But once you have a large enough home region, you can just turn it on and it should work as intended.

Also note that there shouldn't be any problem for your savegames updating to this version, except if you were still using a version prior to v0.9.

Edit: The default setting is just the setting Vanilla+ ships with by the way. If you change it, it will save that setting
Edit2: I think I should fix something else in the "Stay inside during threats" code too... I think there'll be a v1.2.5 later today
Edit3: 1.2.5- Fixed this and did another minor tweak in that class related to "Stay inside during threats"

As always thanks for your hard work :)

benramit

got the update it work perfect thank you so much ;D

pawnstorm

Quote from: benramit on May 19, 2014, 03:14:29 PM
got the update it work perfect thank you so much ;D
Glad to hear, thanks for reporting it works now!

pawnstorm

Added the modpack and compiled a new version of Vanilla+. You can now change the caption above the architect menu by editing the Settings.xml file. Probably not very useful for most of you, but I figured it might be a nice touch for modpack creators, so they can easily change the caption to the name of their modpack.
If someone deletes the Settings.xml file, it'll default back to Vanilla+ though.

Jagginlaz0rz

Quote from: Tynan on May 12, 2014, 04:25:14 PM
I have to say, this is quite impressive.
Tynan y no u make turrets attack animalz furst!!!!!! :O

But, this begs a different question, how DID you make the turrets attack animals? Was it a difficult thing?

pawnstorm

Quote from: Jagginlaz0rz on May 24, 2014, 03:22:22 PM
But, this begs a different question, how DID you make the turrets attack animals? Was it a difficult thing?
Tynan made turrets unable to target animals on purpose, for balance reasons I suppose. It's really easy to change it, though making turrets behave like that by default would make animal events kinda pointless. Anyway, all you have to do is override TryStartShoot() and remove
if (!p.RaceDef.humanoid)
return false;

mrofa

It wouldnt make the insanity wave pointless.
My colony did survive mutants, zombies, mutants and zombies and some other pawns.
But when i got a squierrls invasion, not only they killed mutants and tribals that was atacking my base at the time, they also killed zombies that resurected from tribals bodies, and thats was still under heavy fire from my 8 colonists. So in the end i end up with my last colonist building mines in middle of my colony rooms, and blowing up room by room just to kill off the remaning squierrls.
All i do is clutter all around.

Ruin

I hear you mrofa on the animal insanity events.  The only way I have found to really make animal insanity events easy is a whole lot of colonists with mini-guns and a choke point entering my base.  Even then it can get dicey with boom rats.  My play style has evolved to not use turrets as they become useless when you get a solar flare and I am typically trying for a very long duration colony.  So, I don't think it is unbalancing to make turrets shoot at animals as (1) animal events can be very hard and (2) it wont matter when the solar flare happens along with the animal event.

Austupaio

I'm going to need some screenshots of these hard animal events. They require some effort to organize my colonists, i.e. not just ignoring it, but even with several dozen alpha muffalo, the animals are certainly not hard. Having turrets shoot the animals would just make them a joke.

Not really sure why people always say turrets are useless due to solar flare either, it only lasts about 24 hours.

jaredis1

Can I see your source code so I know how you added the ui to the game?

pawnstorm

Quote from: jaredis1 on May 26, 2014, 02:12:31 PM
Architect+ comes with source, and here is another way to add things to the UI which won't create compatibility issues with other mods that extend the incidentmaker classes.

jaredis1

Quote from: pawnstorm on May 26, 2014, 02:40:08 PM
Quote from: jaredis1 on May 26, 2014, 02:12:31 PM
Architect+ comes with source, and here is another way to add things to the UI which won't create compatibility issues with other mods that extend the incidentmaker classes.

thx you!!