Looking for artist to create some workbench textures

Started by Albion, September 19, 2017, 06:11:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Albion

Not sure where else to put this but I'm currently looking for an artist to create three workbench textures for my mod Sparkling Worlds.

Specifically something that represents the following:

• Explosives table (used for mixing explosives, could look like drug lab)
  • Matterweaver (kind of an hightech loom)
  • 3D printer
Contributers will be mentioned in the credits of my mod and will have my eternal thanks.

ChaosChronicler

when you say matterweaver do you mean like a more advanced 3d printer? What exactly does it make?

Albion

Kind off. I imagine it as an advanced piece of technology that is capable of weaving matter on a molecular level to produce more durable materials.
It was the best idea I came up with to explain a workbench to produce Plasteel, Synthread and Hyperweave. I'm open to suggestions if there are any better ones ;)

ChaosChronicler

I couldn't help myself... Might have gone overboard but would this do for your 3d printer?

And I did this for shits and giggles

Razzoriel

The back texture.

[attachment deleted by admin: too old]

Albion

Yeah I like it. I'll probably have to use it for the matterweaver though because the 3D printer is a 2x2 building so the dimensions aren't correct unfortunatly. Should have specified that earlier. Sorry.
The other workbenches (explosives table and matterweaver) have the usual 3x1 dimensions.

Also I need side views for the workbenches.

ChaosChronicler

Quote from: Albion on September 19, 2017, 09:51:06 PM
Yeah I like it. I'll probably have to use it for the matterweaver though because the 3D printer is a 2x2 building so the dimensions aren't correct unfortunatly. Should have specified that earlier. Sorry.
The other workbenches (explosives table and matterweaver) have the usual 3x1 dimensions.

Also I need side views for the workbenches.
Huh, I based it off a 2X1 table. I tried to mach up things, plus I did enlarge the image so I can show it, the original is small.

Ok turns out the graphics I import into inkscape are not 1:1. But luckily I found a way to get it to be 128X64 pixles.

Also any other modifications?

Oh and if you do use this can I still use the computer for other mods?

Albion

Oh okay. I will try and implement it tomorrow as the 3D printer then. Didn't have time tonight.
Thank you guys.
I'm still looking for a good idea for the matterweaver and the explosives table.

ChaosChronicler

before I hit the sack made a few tweaks, wires, two things connecting scanner and printer, and added a mouse. Thing should be 128x64 px. Might or might not be working on both matter and explosives table. I don't know suddenly got out of a depressive stupor working on both this and my pet project  ::) :P

*looks at file*

... *inhales* Well good night everyone

CannibarRechter

Explosives Table

CR All Mods and Tools Download Link
CR Total Texture Overhaul : Gives RimWorld a Natural Feel
CR Moddable: make RimWorld more moddable.
CR CompFX: display dynamic effects over RimWorld objects

Albion

Thank you Cannibar but I'm looking for something with a style similar to the vanilla game.

CannibarRechter

Hehe. I knew you would say that. ;-P

I'm currently overhauling the entire game with photorealistic textures, and I just couldn't help myself. ;-P
CR All Mods and Tools Download Link
CR Total Texture Overhaul : Gives RimWorld a Natural Feel
CR Moddable: make RimWorld more moddable.
CR CompFX: display dynamic effects over RimWorld objects

Albion

I just updated the mod to include an alterted version of ChaosChronicler's 3D printer texture and credited him.

I'm still looking for good suggestions for the matterweaver and explosives table.

ChaosChronicler

Cool, I feel I accomplished something. Though I do feel that using the game menu background for the desktop background was a bit much as it is Ricardo Tomé's work. Wouldn't be hard to change that unless he's okay with it?

Just to be safe you might want to credit him to