Previous topic - Next topic

SpaceDorf

Quote from: DoctorVanGogh on October 07, 2017, 02:38:44 PM
You're supposed to make it error out,
Done

reset the mod list and see if you get a clean snapshot from before the reset :D
Done

Worked pretty well, thanks to the "Later" Button I was also able to turn on DevMode after I did so.

(Also maybe make sure ModSwitch is already loaded when that happens, so move it up).

Yeah, I can see where this would help ..
I also found where you are hiding the modlists and attached it.

So .. reset worked, now onward to find out why it blew up ..

==== EDIT ====

I attached some screenshots, somehow the game messes up the language or fonts when a crash gets caught ..

[attachment deleted by admin: too old]
Maxim 1   : Pillage, then burn
Maxim 37 : There is no overkill. There is only open fire and reload.
Rule 34 of Rimworld :There is a mod for that.

DoctorVanGogh

Yeah, I did some local tests with a deliberately faulty Mod triggering the error... and things don't work so well...

Looks like this feature will have to wait a bit until Harmony pull out it's next rabbit out of the hat. Luckily that shouldn't be in the too distant future.
Appreciate my mods? Buy me a coffee

naomeh

Quote from: SpaceDorf on October 10, 2017, 03:47:12 AM
Quote from: naomeh on October 10, 2017, 01:14:09 AM
Haven't found a way to mass disable otherwise.

Sounds like a feature request.  ;D
One Click to Disable them all.
That would be amazing if it's possible! I didn't even think of that. Even easier.

SpaceDorf

Quote from: DoctorVanGogh on October 10, 2017, 09:09:29 PM
Yeah, I did some local tests with a deliberately faulty Mod triggering the error... and things don't work so well...

Looks like this feature will have to wait a bit until Harmony pull out it's next rabbit out of the hat. Luckily that shouldn't be in the too distant future.

Oh .. I keep that feature .. I prefer the ability to rescue my modlist over some ugly buttons any day.

As additional though .. I don't know How Mod-E does it, but it is still in the active modlist after the catch.
Do you think it would be possible to preload HugsLib and ModSwitch as well ?
Maxim 1   : Pillage, then burn
Maxim 37 : There is no overkill. There is only open fire and reload.
Rule 34 of Rimworld :There is a mod for that.

«Temple»

I think I found a bug for my current mod list, maybe its just me.  I tried reinstalling, and doing it multiple times many different ways but the colors I assign to mods gets reset to white every time I restart my game.

<li>Core</li>
    <li>HugsLib</li>
    <li>ModSwitch</li>
    <li>EdBPrepareCarefully</li>
    <li>StackMerger</li>
    <li>ResearchPal</li>
    <li>MadSkills-A17-2.0.1</li>
    <li>StackXXL</li>
    <li>DeadMansClothing</li>
    <li>PrepareLanding</li>
    <li>Expanded Charge Weaponry</li>
    <li>ReconAndDiscovery</li>
    <li>Turret Collection</li>
    <li>[A17] Quality Cooldown</li>
    <li>Nandonalt - Set-up Camp</li>
    <li>WM Revamped Ponics</li>
    <li>QualitySurgeon</li>
    <li>LongRangePodLauncher</li>
    <li>Hand Me That Brick</li>
    <li>Save Our Ship</li>
    <li>Portable Power Generator - Nerfed</li>
    <li>BionicButchery</li>
    <li>MechanoidsExtraordinaire</li>
    <li>ArmorStuffExpanded-1.0</li>

DoctorVanGogh

Well... my first reply to that would be: Colors are only there if ModSwitch is actually enabled... so if on restart the game resets & disables all mods (including ModSwitch) due to any error... there will be no colors.

If ModSwitch is actually running after the restart, please open an issue on github (file attachment support there is a bit better than in here).

«Temple»

Don't want to create an account for it, I also think I found a fix for it too.  After setting colors click the little wrench icon in the bottom right(AKA Mod config button) it should be by default set on ModSwitch, switch it to something else then back and the color settings will be saved.

WalkingProblem

I just want to comment: THIS MODSWITCH IS SCHWIFTY!!!!!

Canute

Hey doctor,
it is possible that you can force Rimworld to rescan the mod folder for newly copied mods ?
Currently you need to restart Rimworld at any way that it recognize these.

r3dm0nk

Any way to check dependency on mods so it can detect if you're missing anything before starting the game?
Something like in TES mod managers.
Also - any way to make it sort mod order list?

Kirby23590

Thanks for the Mod... Really good and very helpful for managing the mod list so i won't be confused with 40 mods i have...

But not to be impatient but i'm gonna wait for the B18 version to come out soon. ;)

One "happy family" in the rims...
Custom font made by Marnador.

DoctorVanGogh

B18 version has been out for 3 days - just didn't update the forum - you're free to wait longer though ;)

https://github.com/DoctorVanGogh/ModSwitch/releases

Kirby23590

Thank you!

I guess i didn't read after all, about the update...

I just can't play the game without this mod and for testing mods too!

Thanks! Downloaded it! You're the best! :D

One "happy family" in the rims...
Custom font made by Marnador.

Zalpha

I was wondering if Rimworld had a mod manger, thanks - I finally found it.

ColtSub

Hard-to-play-without-mod for those of us with 200+ mods , thank you.  :)

I want to make a couple of requests/suggestions if its possible and only if you're able:

1. Since the coloring feature is so damn useful and pretty to look at when sorting out the mod list , is there a chance you can add more colors or enhanced coloring feature that supports a diverse colouring variety , for example - https://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=34111.0 
or 
https://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=36771.0

2.When sorting out too many mods it is crucial to have grouped mods of the same kind or functionality in order to maintain the list orginization in a better shape , which brings me to the point that when even using colors and grouped up mod categories its not manageable enough anymore :D , so i was thinking why not make a text slot similer to a mod slot in the mod list that i can add and type alphabeticals/marks/numbers/dots/shapes in it , preferably with options to widen/scale/minify/change font/change color , This will give us the option to make customed text categories or to make notes to point stuff out :) .

3.Ability to rename mods , and if possible with the options i listed above.

4.(Will be very useful) filter tab/icon near the search field or wherever to quickly sort the list by order for date (and also revert back to original sorting) , to see what mods you recently activated , this will give people the ability to track troublesome/conflictable mods with even more ease.

And again thank you.