so i keep getting this debug log when i launch the game.

Started by BrickCity, September 19, 2017, 08:33:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BrickCity

so every time i start rim world i get this log, bunch of red text in it and i feel like this is the reason for some game play issues, mainly the fact i've been on the planet for 4 years and still only have my original 3 colonists, no random events and prisoners wont join me. if not i'm sure it's messing up something, i've uninstalled and reinstalled it multiple times. here's everything in the log when i load it up. anyone have any answers as whats going on or what damage to the game play it's doing? it always pops up and my friend says he doesn't get it when he launches game.

It's a Super Long bug report so i attached it in a word document.

[attachment deleted by admin: too old]

Calahan

Can you please post the full log file as an attachment (rather than just a copy f the in-game log). Details on where to find it can be found here: https://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=513.0

Also, can you please confirm whether or not you are using any mods.

BrickCity

No mods, i have yet to use any mods for the game yet tbh.

[attachment deleted by admin: too old]

ison

It looks like the game files got corrupted while updating. It looks like it's the Steam version so I don't think there's anything we can do, most likely Steam messed up. The only option is to
  1) Backup your savefiles
  2) Right click -> uninstall
  3) Install RimWorld again

Thanks for reporting though.

Calahan

@ BrickCity - Thank you for the log file, and for confirming that you are not using any mods. Based on these I have moved this to the support forum since this is a support issue rather than a bug.

As ison says above, it appears that something has either gone wrong during the installation process, or something occurred afterwards that has resulted in your game files becoming corrupted or deleted/missing. The usual fix-all solution for this would be to perform a clean reinstall. Details on how to do this can be found in the OP of the following thread: https://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=4805.0

So try this and please report back with the results.

BrickCity

So i followed the steps in the link, and the log book when the games launches has stopped showing up, Thanks for your help!

Calahan

Good to hear everything is working again after a clean reinstall. And we really appreciate you for posting again to let us know this, as it really helps us to know which support issues have been resolved and which are still (potentially) open. So thank you for this.