[A17] Save Our Ship (v1.01)

Started by Kentington, September 20, 2017, 07:15:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nameless

So apparently, if you do not use the same mod to start a game that your ship is saved with then you will not be able to save in the new game at all.

Nameless

Also can you make Ship Roof removable?

Absurdides

Loving the mod, but it might be nice for a bit of added challenge if the power core were depleted and had to rebuilt/refuelled at every landing. That way there is a bit of purpose to your new colony. :)

In any case, keep up the good work. Great mod!

caesius

one thing i dont like is that other marblous tiles cant be saved.

it would be nice to change mechanism like that saving every things inside of spaceship wall, even if it is not on the spaceship tile.

SpaceDorf

Quote from: caesius on October 04, 2017, 04:33:03 AM
one thing i dont like is that other marblous tiles cant be saved.

This would be great. The Emperor demands lavishly decorated Spaceships.
Maxim 1   : Pillage, then burn
Maxim 37 : There is no overkill. There is only open fire and reload.
Rule 34 of Rimworld :There is a mod for that.

tonsrd

mod conflict with "Map Re-Roll"

map re-roll + sos ship = doubles colnists
I landed my ship and then ree-rolled the map and I had one "set" of colnists in cyropods sleeping and a 2nd set drop pod in next to the ship...

can anyone else confirm this ?
-ship needs fuel as soon as it lands it can fly again or land 10x times in a row

rioninnimo

Great ! I gonna make drug producing-selling ship-base and hop from world to world selling dru-u-ugzz. And i will call it ..
"SS DEPENDENCE" !
  Dependence , get it , get it ? No ? 

Ok , ok , i see myself out.

Djohaal

In my games the ship spawns correctly in the map (even using map reroll) but I start with zero colonists and nobody gets off the cryptocaskets. I had to devmode in a colonist, open them and delete it. And still the thawed pawns were visitors, not colonists, so I also had to use devmode to recruit them. I assume this might be some conflict with another mod. Otherwise an excellent mod, I loved it!

tonsrd

-another bug ( I saw a player on twitch )

he launched hes ship without hes colonists being in cryosleep caskets and when he loaded new map hes colonists were all members of a differnet faction and he had no colonists ( he had 60+ mods tho ) no clue how he did it or how to re-produce.

Djohaal

Also I noticed an important leftover on saves - history data from things that happened on the other save gets carried over (sculptures and such) but the pawns they refer to get lost. I understand that's required for carrying over artwork, but that leads to save file inflation, perhaps it'd be possible an  option to cleanse that data and replace artworks with random stuff?
Also for starship cannibalizing it seems the game won't remove the spaceship roofs when you remove the floor. should add a checkpoint for that. So far can be worked around via dev mode.

EDIT: Found some compatibility issues with the star wars force mod. Two internal timers (ticks until pawn can force meditate, and ticks until pawn can gain force XP) seem to overflow into some max value and freeze. Fixable via editing save files.

I have a heavily modded build, as long as I manage to properly identify issues I'll report.

Wendigo

Quote from: Nameless on September 30, 2017, 12:03:45 AM
So apparently, if you do not use the same mod to start a game that your ship is saved with then you will not be able to save in the new game at all.
Reporting the same issue, I shuffled some mods around with the ship launch, and now my game tells me the save couldn't be loaded properly, with no devlog errors that I could see.  Also, while there was a 'wake sleeper' button when I made the ship on the original map, on the new map there's only the standard 'open' button, which requires a pawn to do so.

That said, I really love the concept of this mod, and I hope you keep working on it. 

EDIT: I loaded it again in devmode, and this is what I got.  Good luck!
https://gist.github.com/caa8b30258db460107174a6fb6d6a7cf

Waterkey

How about prisoners? Are they saved too?

teag2

I had the same problem as Djohaal. I bet it's an incompatibility with Psychology.

Jeimss

Quote from: Absurdides on October 03, 2017, 10:47:00 PM
Loving the mod, but it might be nice for a bit of added challenge if the power core were depleted and had to rebuilt/refuelled at every landing. That way there is a bit of purpose to your new colony. :)

In any case, keep up the good work. Great mod!

Yes same here. I find the idea great. Actually I usually take screenshot of my pawns just before going in the ship. Then after, I recreate them in EdB Prepare Carefully.

But with this mod, it is just too easy. The ship should be destroyed or depleted. I think it would some challenge to the 2nd game.

Is it something that you plan to add?

Thanks again for the idea.

SpaceDorf

Combine it with Crashlanding and check how many of your beloved pawns you can save  ;D
Maxim 1   : Pillage, then burn
Maxim 37 : There is no overkill. There is only open fire and reload.
Rule 34 of Rimworld :There is a mod for that.