[A17] Save Our Ship (v1.01)

Started by Kentington, September 20, 2017, 07:15:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BetaSpectre

I had a broken pawn on my ship wandering around when I launched, he survived the trip to a new save xD, btw anyway to delete ships? Half of my ships were corrupted flue to using storage pallets
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░─╤▌██ |
░░░░░░░░─╤▂▃▃▄▄▄███████▄▃|
▂█▃▃▅▅███/█████\█[<BSS>█\███▅▅▅▃▂
◥████████████████████████████████◤
                           TO WAR WE GO

DestroyX

Heya, love your mod already, but i found a rather annoying issue

For some reason, whatever i do, instead of getting animal corpses to the butchering stockpile, my pawns just put them all into the internal cryptosleep cascets, and since i cant even forbid them i'm really at a loss what to to about this... any ideas?

pinguin42

So when you start a new game with the ship, do you get to choose where on the tile it lands? Our does it just drop down near the center? What if there's a mountain there?

N23

First of all, great idea!
I wonder, the building prices are high for the frames ect, after all its a spaceship.
But do you have to use ship structual beams for the interior? Same with the door lock for indoor use?
Or can you use steel/wood ect? Because i want to make a base-ship, and depending or the cost only the highneeded or if you can cut the cost, a bigger ship. Thnx anyway

Sniper Pilot

I'm attempting to make a mod that allows you to start with a ship already built for RP purposes (ie exhibition sent for X reason scenario), does anyone know how this mod is able to accomplish that? Maybe I'm asking in the wrong area. Just brainstorming.

Spaykers

YokoZar

Quote from: Spaykers on December 28, 2017, 01:13:21 PM
it is working on 0.18 ?
Kentington has said on Reddit that the mod will be ported sometime in January

SzQ

Don't wont be rude or implement any pressure but did he said which year?

Usually contemplating my personal spacetime reality at
stream

Ubiquitus

I hope whatever the hold up happens to be isn't too serious. Actively looking forward to the update.

Vlad0mi3r

I hope it is going to work alongside refactored ship parts.

Just because the stretching applied to the new parts looks absolutely terrible.
Mods I would recommend:
Mending, Fertile Fields, Smokeleaf Industries and the Giddy Up series.

The Mod you must have:
https://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=40545.msg403503#msg403503

Ruisuki

Quote from: Kentington on September 24, 2017, 12:42:48 AM
Canute: I had actually played around with that concept (creating a dummy "world," mostly empty but with a small number of hexes to represent various land-able space stations and asteroids) but ultimately it was outside the scope of this mod. Might continue that and release it separately.

EDIT: VeeCee, just uploaded a fix for the issue.
lol yes id love to see an expansion of rimworld but in space. Spaceworld. Basically I'd love post game to become FTL. That or transitioning into something like Dubwise's MarsX mod afterward lol. If you ever get started on it again man you'll be a hero. If I ever decide to leave the Rim I'll do with this.

TastyCookies

I love the concept of this mod and hoping that it will be updated to B18.

DiamondBorne

I hereby declared this mod THE storytelling essential mod. I also urge the creator: please update this ASAP.  :'(

TolSatha

I can't play without this mod and it seems OP abandoned it, so I've decided to update it myself.

[B18] Save Our Ship: https://www.dropbox.com/s/kpdkc48vy7o5ebj/SOSb18.7z?dl=0

I'll remove this when / if the author does an official update, or if they ask me to.

Some minor bugs I've noticed while testing:

• Adding "Load Ship" to scenario before any ships are launched (saved) causes an error
  • Launching a ship before the faction and colony have been named (few days after start) causes a "map generation error" when a new map is loaded with that ship
  • Starting with Load Ship sometimes spawns the ship inside terrain. I recommend you use Map Reroll mod to fix this.
All these bugs existed in the original A17 version of the mod, so there's not much I can do about them.

Jetpack_Maniac

Thank you for taking the time to do this.