[1.0] Smokeleaf Industry v1.14a

Started by larSyn, September 20, 2017, 10:58:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JinxVanAshke

What I would love to see and it would give a reason to still Trim at the small table is that you have the option to produce 2 kinds of Buds. Top Shelf buds would only be available from hand trimming and what is known as B-Grade would only be available from the large machine. You would, of course, have the option to do a rougher quicker B-grade trim at the Hand Table. But, I would not give the large machine the option to make Top Shelf myself. The Top Shelf would be the preferred directly consumed smokeleaf buds and the B-Grade the one made into concentrates and edibles.

This is probably another level of work that is unnecessary other than a cosmetic level. Though the Top Shelf could be more potent etc.

RyanRim

I agree with Jinx, but while we think on actual weed, there are many types, some real harmful, some medical. Maybe then through crafting we should have option to first produce the crappy drug that kills you through smoking it with sugar, and then you advance.

But great thanks larsyn, new version worked fine and crafting is working well now :)

✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯

Canute

Toxic buildup while smoking cheap joints ?
Don't you think an addiction isn't enough ? Maybe increase the chance for addicted for crude made joints, while further refined smokeleaf got a lowered chance.

kaptain_kavern

Quote from: larSyn on December 08, 2017, 07:32:16 PM
Quote from: kaptain_kavern on December 08, 2017, 10:58:52 AM
w00t, having my name in changelog I feel compelled to use your mod now ;-D

Not that I have to be forced that much for anything smokeleaf related though ;-D

Thanks for your testing and examples!  Between you and Nightinggale, I'm learning a lot lately.  If you happen to take a look at my patches, feel free to let me know if there are any ways to improve.  Hope you like the mod!
First, yeah I do like the mod.
I suppose you wasn't there back then, but around A8 I happened to participate, dev'ed, translated and then maintained the first Marijuana mod. Smokeleaf wasn't even in the game, joints were retextured / renamed beers lol.

Anyway, I like how your mod already feels complete. Very subjective but I particularly like the fact that it seems you have explored everything possible to do around one single concept/idea to the max. This means I can't wait to see your next projects now that you had fun exploring several concepts, codewise. Keep up the good work, please ;-)

About patches, you may be pleased to know that I learned my ModCheck 101 just by reading yours :-D (I mean the doc was OK but I really prefer a practical example). So thank you too  8)

larSyn

Quote from: Vlad0mi3r on December 08, 2017, 09:47:06 PM
Because this Mod is so big and awesome by the way. Having extra bits as add-on's is not the worst Idea.

Like the food side of things I just don't get into. Everything else I use.

Yeah, going forward any "major" additions will be add-ons (like the strains, I may add some more things here and there to the main mod, like the devilsleaf).  There is one thing I can't seem to get to work right, and while it's not a huge deal to me, I'd still like to get it in there.  The mod feels mostly complete to me now.  Most new changes will be tweaks and working in any new mechanics added by Tynan.  I kinda want smoking to have a possibility of giving a pawn art inspiration, but I'm still looking into how to do it.

Quote from: JinxVanAshke on December 09, 2017, 03:49:14 PM
What I would love to see and it would give a reason to still Trim at the small table is that you have the option to produce 2 kinds of Buds. Top Shelf buds would only be available from hand trimming and what is known as B-Grade would only be available from the large machine. You would, of course, have the option to do a rougher quicker B-grade trim at the Hand Table. But, I would not give the large machine the option to make Top Shelf myself. The Top Shelf would be the preferred directly consumed smokeleaf buds and the B-Grade the one made into concentrates and edibles.

This is probably another level of work that is unnecessary other than a cosmetic level. Though the Top Shelf could be more potent etc.

The top shelf bud is a cool idea, but it would require a whole second tier of the drugs and the stronger effects could be detrimental.  I had to fiddle a lot with them all ready so the distillate, CHO, edibles etc didn't just knock pawns out left and right, while still feeling like they were a step up.  Anything stronger might make pawns useless as the conscious/moving/manipulation stats would end up being driven way down.  (This is why I still want to do strains.  Smokeleaf could be considered the indica with it's calming/slowing effects.  The sativa would go slightly the other way, and pump pawns up a little.  I think I would have to add a "coming down" hediff to offset the buffs though.  The hybrid would be in the middle.)  I do agree that there should still be a reason to use the small benches for trimming, though.  Perhaps just having them produce more as well once Advanced Processing is researched would work.  It would just be on a smaller scale than the autotrimmer.  And, maybe the autotrimmer gets nerfed to just be a mass trimming machine without the better yields, which will be more accurate to real life like you mentioned.  I'll ponder this... and would appreciate any other ideas/feedback.

Quote from: RyanRim on December 10, 2017, 03:31:22 AM
I agree with Jinx, but while we think on actual weed, there are many types, some real harmful, some medical. Maybe then through crafting we should have option to first produce the crappy drug that kills you through smoking it with sugar, and then you advance.

But great thanks larsyn, new version worked fine and crafting is working well now :)

You're welcome!   :)

Quote from: Canute on December 10, 2017, 03:36:15 AM
Maybe increase the chance for addicted for crude made joints, while further refined smokeleaf got a lowered chance.

I like this.  Adding a "crude joint" would be easy enough and again this works with my whole advanced knowledge thing being better. 

Quote from: kaptain_kavern on December 10, 2017, 05:29:34 AM
First, yeah I do like the mod.
I suppose you wasn't there back then, but around A8 I happened to participate, dev'ed, translated and then maintained the first Marijuana mod. Smokeleaf wasn't even in the game, joints were retextured / renamed beers lol.

Anyway, I like how your mod already feels complete. Very subjective but I particularly like the fact that it seems you have explored everything possible to do around one single concept/idea to the max. This means I can't wait to see your next projects now that you had fun exploring several concepts, codewise. Keep up the good work, please ;-)

About patches, you may be pleased to know that I learned my ModCheck 101 just by reading yours :-D (I mean the doc was OK but I really prefer a practical example). So thank you too  8)

Nope, I wasn't.  I started playing in A15 after eyeballing this game for a looong time.  I regret I didn't buy it sooner.  Definitely in my top five games of all time now.   

Thanks for the compliments!  That was part of my goal to make something that felt complete and useful.  I did use this as a learning process as you can tell.  There have been some major changes to the code as I went along and so far I haven't broken too many saves.  ::)   Now, I have to learn some C#...too many things I want to do would need it.  And, I'll do my best to put out some more quality mods. I have a couple started, but, the artwork is taking a while for each of them (wall atlases are a pain...), and I bounce back and forth between them, but they'll be out sooner or later. 

8)  That's awesome.  I'm glad I was able to help someone after all the help I got.  ModCheck is great.  Nightinggale came up with a really good tool that puts the vanilla mod checking implementation to shame, it's so much easier.  And yeah I prefer practical examples too.  I've been trying to figure out what I could do with your example from Campfires Can Cremate.  I'm still learning more about xpathing, and I'm not sure what I can do with all of it, like the Attribute Set operation. 

Canute

Hi,
does anyone used the lotion so far and know how effectiv it is to remove scars ?
I applied it serveral times now on someone with 4 scars and no effect.

larSyn

Quote from: Canute on December 31, 2017, 05:15:43 AM
Hi,
does anyone used the lotion so far and know how effectiv it is to remove scars ?
I applied it serveral times now on someone with 4 scars and no effect.

It works using the vanilla mechanic from Luciferium.  If I remember right, randomly every 15-30 days the game tries to heal the wound.  It's a random chance if it heals it as well.  So, you could go a long time without something being healed, or you could get lucky and it heals (relatively) quickly.  I've been trying to get an assembly working to shorten the length of time for the chance, but so far I haven't been able to get it to work...but I'll keep trying til I get it.  Got it working.  It'll be in the next update.

Vlad0mi3r

Ok so I set someone to make chemfuel out of smokleaf seeds. I couldn't get them to make chemfuel for just the seals themselves and had to add hemp flour to get them to even start doing it.

They wold carry 1 seed at a time until they had 5 at the refinery then go and get 35 hemp flour. Then they would make the chemfuel.

This just doesn't seam to be working properly. I should be able to just use seeds to make chemfuel. They should be able to carry more than 1 seed at a time.

Yes I know I should be using hempoline but I have built lots of chemfuel generators due to my love of boomalopes and I don't want to dismantle them.
Mods I would recommend:
Mending, Fertile Fields, Smokeleaf Industries and the Giddy Up series.

The Mod you must have:
https://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=40545.msg403503#msg403503

Canute

QuoteOk so I set someone to make chemfuel out of smokleaf seeds.
I think the problem is here, there is only 1 recipe to create chemfuel out of smokleaf seeds "Make chemfuel out of organics".
But these recipe need 3.5 nutri but smokleaf seeds don't have any nutri.
So basicly they shouldn't be used for this recipe.
The 35 hemp flour just got the nessesary 3.5 nutri which are needed for the recipe.

larSyn

Quote from: Vlad0mi3r on January 05, 2018, 09:28:59 AM
Ok so I set someone to make chemfuel out of smokleaf seeds. I couldn't get them to make chemfuel for just the seals themselves and had to add hemp flour to get them to even start doing it.

Quote from: Canute on January 05, 2018, 09:58:52 AM
QuoteOk so I set someone to make chemfuel out of smokleaf seeds.
I think the problem is here, there is only 1 recipe to create chemfuel out of smokleaf seeds "Make chemfuel out of organics".

Canute is correct.  However, I had never noticed that the seeds, fibers, and buds were listed as ingredients for the Chemfuel.  I am changing it so they can be used for Chemfuel in the same way that Hay used to be able to be used.  It adds another use for all of them and right now I think that works well.  (I know some people end up swimming in bud, seeds and fiber towards mid-late game.)  Pawns won't be able to eat the stuff but they will be able to be used in recipes needing nutrients.  Thanks for finding this!

New update in the next day or two as well! 

RyanRim

Quote from: larSyn on January 08, 2018, 09:32:10 AM
Canute is correct.  However, I had never noticed that the seeds, fibers, and buds were listed as ingredients for the Chemfuel.  I am changing it so they can be used for Chemfuel in the same way that Hay used to be able to be used.  It adds another use for all of them and right now I think that works well.  (I know some people end up swimming in bud, seeds and fiber towards mid-late game.)  Pawns won't be able to eat the stuff but they will be able to be used in recipes needing nutrients.  Thanks for finding this!

New update in the next day or two as well!

Thanks, I have around 300 seeds unused, although I force my pawns to keep making the milk out of them. But as much as I have unused smokeleaf in the warehouse, 50 something joints and hash I make per day is all used up so quickly. RimWorld with Smokeleaf industry - How to manage an addict colony

✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯

Canute

At he policy i set that pawn's only use them when their mood is below 35 but not for joy.
Beside chemical fascinated pawn, i don't get a problem with addictions.

GrimTrigger

There appears to be no place to store infused meals.  It doesnt show up in stockpile lists.

Harry_Dicks

Quote from: GrimTrigger on January 13, 2018, 11:45:52 AM
There appears to be no place to store infused meals.  It doesnt show up in stockpile lists.

Have you tried using the search function from RimWorld Search Agency, to make sure it isn't under a different category than what you looked?

GrimTrigger

Quote from: Harry_Dicks on January 13, 2018, 12:50:34 PM
Quote from: GrimTrigger on January 13, 2018, 11:45:52 AM

Have you tried using the search function from RimWorld Search Agency, to make sure it isn't under a different category than what you looked?

I created a new stockpile and allowed everything.  Fairly confident that would cover it.